• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Modern Knux progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of adjustments have been made. Removed the boost entirely. Maybe for now.... Some planned skills have been moved to another button. For example the planned dig has now been moved to c1 and punch is now c2. C3 will be a surprise.

Last edited:
A lot of adjustments have been made. Removed the boost entirely. Maybe for now.... Some planned skills have been moved to another button. For example the planned dig has now beeb moved to c1 and punch is now c2. C3 will be a surprise.
From here I tell you that you have potential in this.
-I'm sorry for the inconvenience I caused earlier. I hope you have good luck with it.

From here I tell you that you have potential in this.
-I'm sorry for the inconvenience I caused earlier. I hope you have good luck with it.
Yeah, my plan was not to recreate the last playable version of knux... but to "what if" the Knuckles in the cutscenes of the newer games was playable. But oh well.

• Cool!
Reactions: PPR
Yeah, my plan was not to recreate the last playable version of knux... but to "what if" the Knuckles in the cutscenes of the newer games was playable. But oh well.
That's close to what I felt you were trying to go for. I still vouch for that vision, to be honest!
In the end the decision is up to you; I've seen people go for more out there concepts when making character mods, at least I think they have anyway.

Some people need to look at the goal of the mod before even judging it. Anyways I'm working on it now, might add a console command that adds my trashed boost.

Last edited:
Alright the custom 2 ability is now in progress, currently mostly trial and error but I'm getting help from the srb2 discord server so this would be easier. <3
Post automatically merged:

lua local function MyCustomAbility(player)
if player.ispunching == nil then player.ispunching = false end
if not (player.mo) = "modernknux" then //The trash coding begins.
return //if I say return, then return!
end
if (player.cmd.buttons & BT_CUSTOM2) //If you press custom 2 shit'll happen.
local x = cos(player.mo.angle)
local y = sin(player.mo.angle)
player.mo.momz = 0
P_InstaThrust(player.mo, player.mo.angle, 24*FRACUNIT)
player.ispunching = true
else
player.ispunching = false
end
end

addhook("PlayerThink", MyCustomAbility)

Lmao. there may be a flaw in my code. IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hey guys! Sooo the punch lua has now been made. Just have to tweak the state he goes into the punch;-;

He just slides there. *Menacingly* credits to TheOneGoofAli for helping me tweak the lua code! <3

I'm tired now.

Attachments

• srb20070.gif
    srb20070.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
@GoOg Here's a snippet of the newly coded punch by TheOneGoofAli from discord, For being a good behave bear.

Jokes aside, Ali did alot! Might adjust fracunit speed later and make it ground only since it's bugged up in air. -lmao

Attachments

• srb20074.gif
    srb20074.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 88
@GoOg Here's a snippet of the newly coded punch by TheOneGoofAli from discord, For being a good behave bear.

Jokes aside, Ali did alot! Might adjust fracunit speed later and make it ground only since it's bugged up in air. -lmao
Okay okay, I understand haha.
It has a good development ahead of it, although it may still have some bugs (I imagine).
Maybe everything can take time.
Although it would be cool if the camera could move depending on the HitBox angle of the character, not just be able to be done in all directions, although I think I'm wrong about that.

Okay okay, I understand haha.
It has a good development ahead of it, although it may still have some bugs (I imagine).
Maybe everything can take time.
Although it would be cool if the camera could move depending on the HitBox angle of the character, not just be able to be done in all directions, although I think I'm wrong about that.
Yeah currently the punch is really buggy, messes with the spindash and you could quite literally fly infinitly with the punch. I'm about to work on it now.

• Cool!
Reactions: PPR
The reason I gave him a boost is so that he can be able to keep up with Modern Sonic in terms of speed, the boost also is pretty handy if mixed with the glide. Since he becomes a frekin laser pointer with the glide and boost.

If you guys can give me a better move where it gives him the ability to keep up with Modern Sonic and actually makes sense for Modern Knux then alright I'll adjust a few moves. and also if anyone of you knows lua dm me I NEED HELP.
Knux could have a charge punch that can be chained into a fast glide that rises instead of falling for a few seconds. It's actually Knuckles' ability in... well, the Minecraft bedrock-Sonic crossover.

imagine if metalwario make sprites for this
I actually dm'ed him a long time a go if he can do sprites or just give spriting tips, he hasn't answered yet.

this is quite interesting! now, what if there's a modern metal sonic :grin:
Fun fact: I was bored so I was about to do progress on Modern Metal Sonic. But then I remembered Modern Knuckles. AAAAAA

I'm working really hard guys, it's really hard if your making a mod with no experience. Luckily I'm learning lua at a very decent pace. Do be patient. :( <3

I'm working on it right now. The dig is what I am focusing on. I can't seem to clip the player into the ground, so this will be the work around. When the player presses custom 1 they will be invisible, hitbox is removed, and rocks will spawn where ever they go. Might take me a long time to get this to work. for the meantime

Pretty old ver was sent.

Last edited:
The dig might take a big big delay, I'm still working on it don't worry.

local function MyCustomAbility(player)
if player.isdigging == nil then player.isdigging = false end
if player.digduration == nil then player.digduration = 0 end
if player.digdelay == nil then player.digdelay = 0
elseif player.digdelay > 0 then player.digdelay = $ - 1 end
if player.mo.skin ~= "modernknux" then
return
end

if (player.cmd.buttons == BT_CUSTOM1) and player.digduration == 0 and not player.
print ("First")
player.isdigging = true
player.mo.flags2 = $|MF2_DONTDRAW
player.digduration = 7*TICRATE
player.digdelay = 3*TICRATE
end
if player.isdigging == true
player.digduration = $ - 1
end

A snippet of the code, lot's of errors, since it's still rendering my sprite. Eh, but this is just proof I'm still working on it.

So punch will be remade, it messes with spindash and dig. Sorry.

Last edited:
*Cough* *Cough* Mega Heck allowed me to use some of the sprites of his Modern Knuckles. So yeah, I'm working on the dig, not gonna use MF2_DONTDRAW, since I wanna try something

Attachments

• srb20128.png
    srb20128.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back