Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to fill anyone in who wasn't on the server.

We spent a few minutes discussing what to do with the Enderdragon. Obviously you can only fight it once, so we were trying to decide when we should do so, to include most people. But then, Bloodshot brought up an interesting point. Jeb recently said that he plans on doing something to improve the Enderdragon fight. So in that case, we've decided we're going to abstain from hurting the Enderdragon until that is the case.

There is still a problem-
1. There might be some guy who logs in the server and actually secretly has lots of pearls, and he might find the unactive portal and decide "h4h4! n00bz! ima taek em dragoonegzz!"
2. Jeb has stated that 1.2.5 is the last update FOR A LONG TIME. Until Mod API is complete, to be exact, and that can take a few monthes.
While the first option doesn't sound that possible, the fact it can take a few monthes till the Enderdragon fight update might give someone a chance to get enough pearls and do it solo.

Seriously, just fight the dragon now, considering you'll be making a new map when that update comes out anyway

Not if we can help it we won't. Assuming there are no biomes added, I don't see why we'd have to, excepting map update problems.

And even then I have a solution.

Haven't played Minecraft in awhile (I blame Spiral Knights XD) so kinda wondered how everyone was doing so far in the new seed? It's been a little quiet.

Does the server have DynMap on it?

Also, if anyone wants to share my house, PM me
Server has no mods, bro. The only thing close to a mod we have is bukkit, other than that we try to preserve the vanilla experience of Minecraft as much as we can.

Last edited:
BTW, I have no idea what Serpendipity was/is, but that portal in the Nether led directly to quite an interesting cave system, so thanks for leaving it operational for no good reason.

Oh, almost forgot: the 360 version is out now! So, y'know, if you haven't tried Minecraft yet, it's not a half-bad way of doing so. Granted, the map size is gimped and it's based on Beta 1.6.6 (an outdated version), but hell, the core experience is still there. Plus splitscreen! Doesn't interact with the PC version, though, so don't expect to join us in our little disc-world-thing.

Last edited:
BTW, I have no idea what Serpendipity was/is, but that portal in the Nether led directly to quite an interesting cave system, so thanks for leaving it operational for no good reason.
Serendipity is the foundation of the new map. It's where we camped before civilization sprung up. It's location is also really cool too. We're keeping it for that specific reason.

Server has no mods, bro. The only thing close to a mod we have is bukkit, other than that we try to preserve the vanilla experience of Minecraft as much as we can.
Pfftbahahahaha, good one.

Also seeing as you haven't heard up to this point, Charyb canceled project Serendipity because "Blade is making a much better port city". It's really just.. there, now. No use for it. i dont think that means you can just loot the chests there though :X

@ShadowHog I'm talking about the chests in Serendipity, there are a few on the bridge that was suppose to serve as the entrance. The portal from the Nether TO Serendipity doesn't lead there because the Serendipity-side portal was closed off, never got rebuilt, so when you got in the portal in the Nether (which last time I checked had "IN CONSTRUCTION, DON'T GO IN" signs on it or something, so good job not obeying those), Minecraft created a new portal to correspond for it in the Overworld. Which turned out to be in that cave.

Last edited:
Incidentally, the Buckhorn portal went down last night. I said I was going to relight it, but forgot about it and thus never got around to doing so. Did anyone else?

Also, what chests? The Serpendipity portal took me directly into an unlit cave. You could say the circumstances were almost serendipitous.

Hmm, new snapshots make me think that we WILL need a new world on 1.3. Oh well.
Also, I've got a question for you guys, it's been bothering me quite a while, someone found my secret location and placed crude signs on my Sky Fortress WIP. I do not know who it is, so if that person could please stand up that'd be nice. It's freaking me out.
Also if you login Minecraft today you can see it's Notch's Birthday, hurray?
Just thought that's worth mentioning.

Also, I've got a question for you guys, it's been bothering me quite a while, someone found my secret location and placed crude signs on my Sky Fortress WIP. I do not know who it is, so if that person could please stand up that'd be nice. It's freaking me out.

What did the signs say again?

So, I am starting a small project on the server, and so far I have one of the few "Secret Landmarks" added into the map. What are the Secret Landmarks you ask? They are small little areas that I will be building across the map, each one will contain a small loot for the player who finds it.

I will place some hints at the spawn tower on where they are located, like telling what biomes it is near, and ways to get into them. The hint for the one I have now is this:
"On the edge of a desert, near a splendid valley."

Last edited:
So. The Enderdragon is dead.

We had all came to an agreement that we weren't going to kill it, that we would wait for further ideas regarding it. As is shown by the above posts.

But someone decided to ignore that, and went ahead and did it anyways. Regardless of the fact that with 1.3 coming soon, we probably wouldn't have ever killed it, don't you guys think that that is an asinine move to make?

So. The Enderdragon is dead.

We had all came to an agreement that we weren't going to kill it, that we would wait for further ideas regarding it. As is shown by the above posts.

But someone decided to ignore that, and went ahead and did it anyways. Regardless of the fact that with 1.3 coming soon, we probably wouldn't have ever killed it, don't you guys think that that is an asinine move to make?

Well it would have happened sooner or later. It's like that amazing treat you have in your fridge. It sits there and it tempts you to eat it. Doesn't help restarting anything since it will probably happen again. Best if we all just got on with our creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back