= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c]

= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c] v1.5c

May i ask, what exactly is the reason? i can't think was because the blood effects, i mean, we have Duke and Exetior lmfao.
It was pretty graphic, not just blood to say the least.

Last edited:
So... Has this mod been removed cause someone drew decapitation or some sort of Mortal Kombat-esque super move/finisher violence?

Too bad Nintendo pulled the good ol' C&D toward the guy who made it... A real shame because Metroid needs fans more than ever.
That very much isn't the case, the next logical step for Metroid Dreadnought would have been original levels and unique enemies, which would require a lot of effort. The dev moved on to other projects and was happy enough with how Dreadnought came out, even if it's incomplete.
I entirely understand that SRB2 is a family-friendly fangame and that gore shouldn't be in but it's literally a mod that isn't necessary to install.

And honestly it's pretty tame (as a doom legacy can be) compared to most -16/-18 game on the market...
After playing the mod I felt like the scene with the graphic sprite was simply uncalled for and upsetting. There's no warning beforehand that this sort of thing could be in the mod, and you're required to walk over to it and look at it to progress in the level. This wasn't vibrant cartoony Doom gore, and (spoilers for the campaign) Finding Fang's bloodied, twitching, facemelted corpse staring at you is not the kind of thing Metroid games do to their players. It really didn't need to be that graphic.
I wouldn't blame anyone for having nightmares over it.

Mods are only meant to be shared through submissions; you don't get to post them as you please just because you don't agree with the guidelines.
Cool! That means the people who downloaded it early have the rare UNCENSORED CUT of Samus. :wow:
I'll pass it to everyone who wants it : )
By coming to me to download it
however you confirm that you are 14 or older. And are fine with viewing mature topics and themes.
You can find the distribution at:
Moderator Notice:

ril7kwbxigb41.png

Post automatically merged:

And Heres some proof that I own the file that doesn't have any modifications to it.
(This is the file that you will be receiving when you get it from my downloads)

Proof.PNG
proof 2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more than that. Not gonna tell tho because I haven't played either :threat:
After playing the mod I felt like the scene with the graphic sprite was simply uncalled for and upsetting. There's no warning beforehand that this sort of thing could be in the mod, and you're required to walk over to it and look at it to progress in the level. This wasn't vibrant cartoony Doom gore, and (spoilers for the campaign) Finding Fang's bloodied, twitching, facemelted corpse staring at you is not the kind of thing Metroid games do to their players. It really didn't need to be that graphic.
I wouldn't blame anyone for having nightmares over it.
Okay I think I see why this was immediately called for deletion. I mean I'll give credit from that description, seems like they went above the call for detail but that also seems pretty above the kind of thing SRB2 is especially on the main domain for mods and addons.
Censorship? Rlly? For a fanbase that basically by now has no children in it?! I swear they can't have like children under the age of 14 here dude. The game and the fanbase itself is that old!
So what if I told you that at my workplace, I work with kids that I sometimes overhear talk about Sonic and I even hear them explain to me about things like Boom and various games even older than them thanks to things like various portables for them at the place I work and even the internet? Very much selling kids short of them not taking interest in the things you deem them to not have any in.

Despite how this comes off as thinking all kids are into are Fortnite, Minecraft and Roblox, they still take interest in even the things that we might've grown up enjoying as kids also. Hell things like Roblox probably expose them to that stuff first thing also. And I have shown kids SRB2 before when managing a electronic group during some work shifts and some of them were interested enough to try finding it and even seeking out mods.

Don't sell kids short cause there might be some lurking on here right now.

Okay I think I see why this was immediately called for deletion. I mean I'll give credit from that description, seems like they went above the call for detail but that also seems pretty above the kind of thing SRB2 is especially on the main domain for mods and addons.

So what if I told you that at my workplace, I work with kids that I sometimes overhear talk about Sonic and I even hear them explain to me about things like Boom and various games even older than them thanks to things like various portables for them at the place I work and even the internet? Very much selling kids short of them not taking interest in the things you deem them to not have any in.

Despite how this comes off as thinking all kids are into are Fortnite, Minecraft and Roblox, they still take interest in even the things that we might've grown up enjoying as kids also. Hell things like Roblox probably expose them to that stuff first thing also. And I have shown kids SRB2 before when managing a electronic group during some work shifts and some of them were interested enough to try finding it and even seeking out mods.

Don't sell kids short cause there might be some lurking on here right now.
I only speak for myself, as some 16 year old online, who has seen some graphic content since I was 13/14. I've played this game since I was still in literal baby garment (4) A child can handle mature themes and settings, We've seen this with Kingdom Hearts and hell even Sonic in the early 2000's with like shadow the hedgehog (the game). A child (speaking of 14 and older) still have a right to be able to choose between sfw or graphic (like Rated T material ).

I'll pass it to everyone who wants it : )
By coming to me to download it
however you confirm that you are 14 or older. And are fine with viewing mature topics and themes.
You can find the distribution at:
Moderator Notice:
snip

View attachment 41981

And Heres some proof that I own the file that doesn't have any modifications to it.
(This is the file that you will be receiving when you get it from my downloads)

View attachment 41982View attachment 41983
You probably shouldn't have done that
Anyways, the mod is back lmfao.

I only speak for myself, as some 16 year old online, who has seen some graphic content since I was 13/14. I've played this game since I was still in literal baby garment (4) A child can handle mature themes and settings, We've seen this with Kingdom Hearts and hell even Sonic in the early 2000's with like shadow the hedgehog (the game). A child (speaking of 14 and older) still have a right to be able to choose between sfw or graphic (like Rated T material ).
I was more-so referring to an audience younger than teenagers but that is understandable. I'm not your or any other kids parent so what happens, happens. I only say that as someone who does keep watch of the wellbeing of kids as one part of my job as well as just the fact there are much younger kids that do play this game.

You're much older obviously and honestly I think that kind of graphic stuff is less concerning for teens to see since your age group is basically working their way towards being an adult, which my concern then becomes about who you interact with cause some creepy people do try to take advantage of... Things that are probably best not discussed here so y'know.

Anyway mod's re-released so I might go check it out now and get back on topic with something more meaningful to say. :threat:

I mean. A child under 14 shouldn't download it since I put a warning up! : )
That's not how it works. Especially around children. This is the equivalent of "You can't get murdered, that's illegal!" - just saying "yeh if you're underage do NOT click this link". That's just gonna cause the exact opposite effect of children wanting to see what's behind this wall you're so carelessly laying in front of them. It's extremely irresponsible of you to be handing out stuff like this in general, not only due to this being a necessary change but also going against not only the creator's wishes, but the MB's rule that made this change a thing.

It was a necessary change because some people are genuinely disturbed by shit like this, and I admit I'm not one of them - but that doesn't justify spreading it around becasue "haha i've got the RARE fucked up version!! im so cool". So no, what you're doing isn't "heroic" nor is it correct. The censor is there for a more than valid reason.

That's not how it works. Especially around children. This is the equivalent of "You can't get murdered, that's illegal!" - just saying "yeh if you're underage do NOT click this link". That's just gonna cause the exact opposite effect of children wanting to see what's behind this wall you're so carelessly laying in front of them. It's extremely irresponsible of you to be handing out stuff like this in general, not only due to this being a necessary change but also going against not only the creator's wishes, but the MB's rule that made this change a thing.

It was a necessary change because some people are genuinely disturbed by shit like this, and I admit I'm not one of them - but that doesn't justify spreading it around becasue "haha i've got the RARE fucked up version!! im so cool". So no, what you're doing isn't "heroic" nor is it correct. The censor is there for a more than valid reason.
e2913d0831b9ac9c256352ff2104110062866c212108a4ba7f28f286f39a4a85_1.gif

fuck man, my argument destroyed with facts and logic in .2 seconds how will i ever recover /s god you're so sad lol

So uh, yeah. The fact you completely ignored my suggestion just screams how little you care about this actually. My mistake for expecting better :threat:

I was more-so referring to an audience younger than teenagers but that is understandable. I'm not your or any other kids parent so what happens, happens. I only say that as someone who does keep watch of the wellbeing of kids as one part of my job as well as just the fact there are much younger kids that do play this game.

You're much older obviously and honestly I think that kind of graphic stuff is less concerning for teens to see since your age group is basically working their way towards being an adult, which my concern then becomes about who you interact with cause some creepy people do try to take advantage of... Things that are probably best not discussed here so y'know.

Anyway mod's re-released so I might go check it out now and get back on topic with something more meaningful to say. :threat:
I mean I still think that children under 13 shouldn't be on the internet at all. They could easily be manipulated into situations caused by older adults. So I still think having this forum be locked behind an agreement to which you agree you are 14 and older or something during account creation for this site would probably be a much safer and better place for the community.

I mean I still think that children under 13 shouldn't be on the internet at all. They could easily be manipulated into situations caused by older adults. So I still think having this forum be locked behind an agreement to which you agree you are 14 and older or something during account creation for this site would probably be a much safer and better place for the community.
So the game could be free for anyone of any age to download. But the forum should only be for teen agers or older to enjoy.

So the game could be free for anyone of any age to download. But the forum should only be for teen agers or older to enjoy.
You... do realize that it's already a rule that you have to be 13 or older to be on the forums, right? It's just that you can't ban people over that without proof. So, better safe than sorry.

Here's also the thing: this had negative impacts on those above the age of 13 too.

You... do realize that it's already a rule that you have to be 13 or older to be on the forums, right? It's just that you can't ban people over that without proof.
Was it?! Than yeah there totally shouldn't be a reason for this mod to be taken down. A content warning at the least.

Back