= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c]

= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c] v1.5c

I mean I still think that children under 13 shouldn't be on the internet at all. They could easily be manipulated into situations caused by older adults. So I still think having this forum be locked behind an agreement to which you agree you are 14 and older or something during account creation for this site would probably be a much safer and better place for the community.
Post automatically merged:

So the game could be free for anyone of any age to download. But the forum should only be for teen agers or older to enjoy.
Man you sure like to speak high and mighty about making the community safer and a better place overall when literally a few posts ago you were raving about having the epic uncensored version of a corpse decomposition and complaining that it had to be removed. In fact the link is still up, with rather terrible protection that can be bypassed by anyone with half a brain cell.

It's not like I don't agree with children under 13 being a no-go here, that's perfectly reasonable. But its hilariously contradictory how you're defending "yeah dont censor fucked up content, it's their mistake for running into it!". Yes, children can be manipulated into situations caused by older adults - as you put it. But that's also the adult's responsability to NOT cause these situations! One you're causing right now by refusing to take down the uncensored version :v

But yeah, guess I should stop right about now before I'm the one getting in trouble for continuing this subject when the mod is already clear to download again. Guess I was just fascinated at your continued insistence of defending a corpse lol

Yea I just want to see how gory this scene is, if it's just blood then ok but anything past that is a little too far for my liking

Was it?! Than yeah there totally shouldn't be a reason for this mod to be taken down. A content warning at the least.
You understand that reactions to gore are not tied to age, right? There are adults who are not comfortable with seeing gore without their consent, and that is totally fine, let alone in a game where they would not expect it at all. Not even Metroid has anything in this level. The mod was delisted precisely for the lack of a content warning, so there is no reason for the meltdown you had in the previous pages of this thread. Get your shit together.

Recalling on how I worded my last two posts on here. I didn't actually consider that kinda thing myself... Especially as someone who's also pretty squeemish to gore-y things also.

The MB version of the download is back up! Please don't randomly host your own alternative downloads of Samus just to avoid the deletion, btw. There were plenty of mirrors on the Youtube trailer anyway.

I know where the judges are coming from. In my rush I brushed the ACZ4 scene off as "ehh, it's like Sonic.exe and EMW5, they're used to it". Samus has a lock-on and even an antiseizure mode to be more friendly to players sensitive to flashes/quakes/etc, so of COURSE I'm not trying to stirr the pot. Some people can't distance themselves emotionally and stay on the surface level when looking at gruesome things in fictional work. I was strongly like that when I was 4~7, but being a child or not is irrelevant.

Next update, I'll include a content warning in the ACZ4 elevator, presenting you with a command to hide the scene before it appears. I won't censor it, so don't worry about me "ruining it just for the sensitive minorities". Keep in mind, even now, stepping near the blood trail is enough to trigger the door! You don't have to go into the room with the corpse.

So there is a literal drama over a sprite, congratulations.

And I believe that not allowing mature content of any kind on this site is more about not getting into legal troubles as it's frequented by younger people than anything else (let's be honest for a second, when a site asks if you're older than 18 it's not because they don't want to shock them but to be safe legally, they don't care about your real age).

I still think that this mod should've put a content warning or has gone the Freedom Planet way with Fang.

PS: Metroid was also considered to be pretty mature game for a Nintendo and the 80's in general.

PPS: Hopefully this will be fixed asap and we'd go to the main subject.

How do i get out of here?

srb21413.png

I'm absolutely impressed with the level of detail put into this.

Wonderful job, I can't wait to see your future projects.

Yea I just want to see how gory this scene is, if it's just blood then ok but anything past that is a little too far for my liking
I still don't have any answers for this, kind of off-putting since even with content warnings and all of that I still don't know how bad it is.

Still better than Other M (which is basically the Sonic 2006 of the Metroid franchise btw)

Back