= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c]

= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c] v1.5c

Is there any sort of guide to what the various power-ups and upgrades are and what they do? I'm watching a couple of playthroughs of this mod on YouTube, and I'm having a bit of a hard time following along.

Last edited:
Is there any sort of guide to what the various power-ups and upgrades are and what they do? I'm watching a couple of playthroughs of this mod on YouTube, and I'm having a bit of a hard time following along.

The ship menu has a secret data option that gives you that information + tips come up on screen when you get a powerup for the first time telling you what it does

You probably didn't see the latter cause you can disable it if you don't need it

The ship menu has a secret data option that gives you that information + tips come up on screen when you get a powerup for the first time telling you what it does

You probably didn't see the latter cause you can disable it if you don't need it
I meant something that can be viewed outside of the gameā€¦

Crystal Flash is disabled for the final boss
then how did I get it in the 100% suit final boss.

I also used a different addon character to skip dark Samus fight because the boss was a sensory overload and felt unfair.

I've been playing SRB2 with a Switch Pro controller, since trying to play with a keyboard is a bit awkward. I'm still getting used to the controls (I can't even get the time attack emblem in GHZ1)ā€¦ there really should be better gamepad control adjustmentā€¦ anyways, is it even possible to properly play Metroid Vanguard on a Switch controller?

I've been playing SRB2 with a Switch Pro controller, since trying to play with a keyboard is a bit awkward. I'm still getting used to the controls (I can't even get the time attack emblem in GHZ1)ā€¦ there really should be better gamepad control adjustmentā€¦ anyways, is it even possible to properly play Metroid Vanguard on a Switch controller?
I mean, I play with a DUALSHOCK4, so yeh. My preferred inputs for this are L1/R1 as Prev/Next Weapon, R2 as Custom 1 and Fire, L2 as Custom 2 and Fire Normal, and Circle as Custom 3.

I mean, I play with a DUALSHOCK4, so yeh. My preferred inputs for this are L1/R1 as Prev/Next Weapon, R2 as Custom 1 and Fire, L2 as Custom 2 and Fire Normal, and Circle as Custom 3.
For whatever reason, I can't change the inputs on my Switch controller. I have screwed over so many Record Attack attempts by pushing the left stick a little too hardā€¦

For whatever reason, I can't change the inputs on my Switch controller. I have screwed over so many Record Attack attempts by pushing the left stick a little too hardā€¦
I also can't move the camera up or down with the right stickā€¦ I end up having to use ZL, and that leads to the camera defaulting to looking straight up into the sky!!!

Golden Shine updated = Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.3a] with a new update entry:

Grip Strength Edition!

Here's a new item for you, the Power Grip from Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 3! v1.4 also brings some more QoL changes, optimizations, and bug fixes.

Read over the changelog for specifics! ...though I forgot to document a bunch of changes. Like the Charge Beam graphics being transparent & additive now.

ITEMS:
-Added the Power Grip! Grab ledges by holding forwards. Leap off with a well timed jump press (Like Metroid...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Okay, so question: how the hell are you ever supposed to get the secret upgrade in Arid Canyon 4? I know the obvious answer is a shinespark, which I'm fucking *trying,* but it seems impossible entirely. Even if you manage to get a shinespark, not only is the platform too high, but by the time you get there, it's already closed. Shinespark seems to be fucking impossible, so if it's not that, what the hell do I do? Is the shinespark setup just bait?

Please, it's been pissing me off.

So how would one easily access the Vanguard campaign as other characters?

I plan on playing it as the mod characters focused on range combat, like Gamma, Shadow Android and Whisper.

So how would one easily access the Vanguard campaign as other characters?

I plan on playing it as the mod characters focused on range combat, like Gamma, Shadow Android and Whisper.
It's Easy bro.
Just best deep sea 2 (with samus addon)
And you get deep sea 4.
Or best arid canyon act 2 (of course with samus addon)
And you get art 4.

Or use map maptm for deep sea and map maptn for arid canyon

Back