= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c]

= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c] v1.5c

Okay, so question: how the hell are you ever supposed to get the secret upgrade in Arid Canyon 4?
Like this. Hope it helps!
1686768946357.gif

Attachments

• SRB2 Addon Ideas - The Belnades Sisters.pdf
    354.4 KB · Views: 61
Like this. Hope it helps!
Oh shit! I remember seeing someone in a video pull off what they called a "mockball" (Speed boosting, then roll into a ball as you land on the closest edge while holding forward), but honestly that looks a lot more doable. Thanks!

also, how do i fix the hud it's been skewed slightly every time i use it; score's cut off; hp is where score should be; etc. Is it an Android-specific issue?

This isn't a major issue but for some reason all the textboxes and things that happen in single player story mode just don't show up for me, is there some setting or something?

So, small issue with the update, regarding Power Grip. The second I get the item, it clings to things at random, and I have to manually start over from the pause menu. It's gotten to a point where I just delete it once I get access to my ship.

man, now that ive played deat- AHEM, match mode and hunters mode a bit more, it would be cool to have the option to disable lock on in competitive modes, since i find that most of the people who use lock on in d- MATCH mode are those who play in first person with mice and keyboards and its just kind of annoying to get constantly locked onto and aimbotted when im just trying to get super missiles.

Gold, if it would be okay would you allow us to atleast maintain the mod for you in the future? Just to make sure all can keep enjoying it for years to come.

Hang on. What does "taking a step back" mean? I'm currently brainstorming and trying to script a healer character who I think would go great with this mod in co-op. I hope GoldenShine will at least be willing to make a compatibility update when I'm ready...
Gold, if it would be okay would you allow us to atleast maintain the mod for you in the future? Just to make sure all can keep enjoying it for years to come.
If I'm not down to do it myself or I'm not around anymore, that's fine! Do try to contact me first, though. I'm just burned out on Samus, mostly because I keep having to return earlier than intended, and all the bugs are very individualized to each player's saves, settings, and even their system.

man, now that ive played deat- AHEM, match mode and hunters mode a bit more, it would be cool to have the option to disable lock on in competitive modes, since i find that most of the people who use lock on in d- MATCH mode are those who play in first person with mice and keyboards and its just kind of annoying to get constantly locked onto and aimbotted when im just trying to get super missiles.
Being able to take players' Lock-On ability gives the impression it's a cheat.

I see it as a main game mechanic, like in the Prime games. A mechanic that bridges skill gaps decently, lowers the impact of lag, gives players without mouse a way to fight, and keeps gameplay consistent with Single Player. With no hitscan projectiles and fast players, locking on isn't free damage. Leading shots or aiming at walls/floors for the explosion radius is really important for higher level play.

So, small issue with the update, regarding Power Grip. The second I get the item, it clings to things at random, and I have to manually start over from the pause menu. It's gotten to a point where I just delete it once I get access to my ship.
Can't say I've recreated that one before. Could you show a GIF, maybe? It's supposed to only grab onto nearby ledges if you hold forwards or press jump near one.

This isn't a major issue but for some reason all the textboxes and things that happen in single player story mode just don't show up for me, is there some setting or something?
The dialogue and textboxes don't reappear on complete/replay save files. You'll want to pick a fresh slot.

If I'm not down to do it myself or I'm not around anymore, that's fine! Do try to contact me first, though. I'm just burned out on Samus, mostly because I keep having to return earlier than intended, and all the bugs are very individualized to each player's saves, settings, and even their system.
Okay, I'll be in touch when I have more details ironed out. I mainly know that I want Annie to heal Samus at a decently fast rate (given the way Samus's HP scales and she takes damage, Samus wouldn't get much out of 1 HP per 1 or 2 seconds), but nowhere near as fast as Samus' own Crystal Flash. Also that Annie should be able to restock Samus's Hyper Beam energy, since she's intended to be able to refill special energy-based resource meters like Almost Super Sonic's stats or Modern Sonic's boost (I considered refilling missiles, Super Missiles, and Power Bombs as well, but I'm not sure how "energy-based" the ammunition for that is in the Metroid series proper, whereas the way you set up the Hyper Beam makes it clearly tied to the main life energy system of the Power Suit). With that said, there should be some safeguard in place to dramatically slow down the Hyper Beam fill rate during the special version of the Brak Eggman fight, to avoid letting players bypass the Hyper Beam drain event you set up (which I presume is there to make the fight more climactic). The Hyper Beam recharge rate can return to normal when the pinch phase starts and Hyper Beam energy starts filling the arena anyways.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, I just got the Power Grip and ran into the same problem with getting stuck on ledges. Oh yeah, and what's up with the Super Missiles not being able to break strong blocks anymore?

I also ended up losing the ability to fire, double jump, or Morph Ball completely after trying out a beam combo...

Last edited:

Being able to take players' Lock-On ability gives the impression it's a cheat.

I see it as a main game mechanic, like in the Prime games. A mechanic that bridges skill gaps decently, lowers the impact of lag, gives players without mouse a way to fight, and keeps gameplay consistent with Single Player. With no hitscan projectiles and fast players, locking on isn't free damage. Leading shots or aiming at walls/floors for the explosion radius is really important for higher level play.

Can't say I've recreated that one before. Could you show a GIF, maybe? It's supposed to only grab onto nearby ledges if you hold forwards or press jump near one.

The dialogue and textboxes don't reappear on complete/replay save files. You'll want to pick a fresh slot.
eyo wait, that top quote's not from me; the fucc?

@Golden Shine So, I've been busy the past few weeks writing code for Annie, and I figured that I'd try accounting for Samus within my own code. Here's my healing script so far... how would it work for Samus?

Annie's Healing Script:
//Healing (Code to heal other players (increase Ring count or HP))
addHook("PlayerThink", function(player)
    if player.mo and player.mo.valid then -- check if the player object exists

if player.mo.skin ~= "annie_belnades" then -- is the player NOT playing as Annie?
            return -- stop running hook for this player
        end

/*        if player.custom1down == nil then
            player.custom1down = 0
        end

if player.cmd.buttons & BT_CUSTOM1 > 0 then
            player.custom1down = $1 + 1
        else
            player.custom1down = 0
        end*/

if player.custom1down > 1 --if custom1 is being pressed
        and player.custom3down == 0 --and custom3 is not being pressed
        and player.mo.energy >= 5*FRACUNIT/2 then
            if not (leveltime%TICRATE) then
                if player.mo.energy >= 5*FRACUNIT/2 then
                    player.mo.energy = $ - 5*FRACUNIT/2
                    S_StartSoundAtVolume(player.mo, sfx_heal, 90, nil)
                    if not (player.custom1down%(TICRATE*2)) then --Every 2 seconds
                        if P_LookForPlayers(player.mo, 20*FRACUNIT, true, false) == true then --Is there another player within 20 fracunits of Annie?
                            if target.player and target.player.valid and target.player.playerstate ~= PST_DEAD and target.player.mo ~= actor.player.mo then --Is there a live player OTHER THAN Annie herself within 20 fracunits of her?
                                if G_CoopGametype() == true
                                or G_GametypeHasTeams() == true and actor.player.ctfteam == target.player.ctfteam then --Is that other player on the same team as Annie?
                                    if P_CheckSight(actor.player.mo, target.player) == true then --Can Annie actually see the other player?
                                        if target.player.skin == ("basesamus" or "samus") then --Healing Samus Aran
                                            target.player.sam_energy = $ + 15
                                        end
                                        else
                                            P_GivePlayerRings(target.player, 1) --Heal the other player
                                        end
                                    end
                                end
                            end
                        else
                            P_GivePlayerRings(player, 1) --If Annie can't find another player to heal, she heals herself
                        end
                else
                    return
                end
            end
        end
    end
end)

//Accelerated Healing (Code to double the speed of healing)
addHook("PlayerThink", function(player)
    if player.mo and player.mo.valid then

if player.mo.skin ~= "annie_belnades" then
            return
        end

/*        if player.custom1down == nil then
            player.custom1down = 0
        end

if player.cmd.buttons & BT_CUSTOM1 > 0 then
            player.custom1down = $1 + 1
        else
            player.custom1down = 0
        end*/

if player.custom1down > 1 -- if custom1 is currently being pressed
        and player.custom3down > 1 -- and custom3 is also currently being pressed
        and player.custom1down > player.custom3down -- and custom1 was pressed *before* custom3
        and player.mo.energy >= 5*FRACUNIT then -- and the player has energy
            if not (leveltime%TICRATE) then
                if player.mo.energy >= 5*FRACUNIT then
                    player.mo.energy = $ - 5*FRACUNIT
                    S_StartSoundAtVolume(player.mo, sfx_heal, 120, nil)
                    if not (player.custom1down%TICRATE) then --Every second
                        if P_LookForPlayers(player.mo, 20*FRACUNIT, true, false) == true then --Is there another player within 20 fracunits of Annie?
                            if target.player and target.player.valid and target.player.playerstate ~= PST_DEAD and target.player.mo ~= actor.player.mo then --Is there a live player OTHER THAN Annie herself within 20 fracunits of her?
                                if G_CoopGametype() == true
                                or G_GametypeHasTeams() == true and actor.player.ctfteam == target.player.ctfteam then --Is that other player on the same team as Annie?
                                    if P_CheckSight(actor.player.mo, target.player) == true then --Can Annie actually see the other player?
                                        if target.player.skin == ("basesamus" or "samus") then --Healing Samus Aran
                                            target.player.sam_energy = $ + 30
                                        end
                                        else
                                            P_GivePlayerRings(target.player, 2) --Heal the other player
                                        end
                                    end
                                end
                            end
                        else
                            P_GivePlayerRings(player, 2) --If Annie can't find another player to heal, she heals herself
                        end
                else
                    return
                end
            end
        end
    end
end)
Post automatically merged:

Is anyone else having issues with Arid Canyon Act 4? As in getting stuck at the beginning area because the elevator won't go down
Yep, I had that issue while trying to test whether or not Annie could survive the Phazon.

Yep, I had that issue while trying to test whether or not Annie could survive the Phazon.
Is anyone else having issues with Arid Canyon Act 4? As in getting stuck at the beginning area because the elevator won't go down
Could you show me a GIF of the elevator not going down with the game's F9 recording? I can't seem to recreate it. You're using SRB2 2.2.11, right?

So, I've been busy the past few weeks writing code for Annie, and I figured that I'd try accounting for Samus within my own code. Here's my healing script so far... how would it work for Samus?
Extra rings Samus gets are converted directly into health, with 1 ring being 1 energy. So you can just give her rings like everyone else.

Could you show me a GIF of the elevator not going down with the game's F9 recording? I can't seem to recreate it. You're using SRB2 2.2.11, right?

Extra rings Samus gets are converted directly into health, with 1 ring being 1 energy. So you can just give her rings like everyone else.
Uh, no, I was using 2.2.10. As for just directly giving Samus rings, I feel like that would be too slow. :razz:

Back