Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly enjoy this character. There's rarely been a hint of randomization in SRB2, and this is arguably the closest to a roguelight element I've seen yet.

Random characters really do change the experience. Shadow's homing is nice for Techno Hill since the springtop enemies can give you some nice random air, and Espio's Jump Switch is really nice to use to ignore logic altogether and just escape a pit.

Obviously, though, some things are bad. Amy's Double Jump was damn useless in something like THZ or DSZ boss, and Silver's ability was worthless to me throughout all my times getting him.

Probably the coolest thing is the changing gameplay of it all. Because I could randomly get Knuckles or Tails, or characters that can access their areas, I found myself exploring the level and entering those different routes when I could've gone straight forward. This also does cause a subsequent issue in that the paths I'm used to get changed with the ability.

It's a great hint of randomization, and I'd be impressed to see more abilities get implemented for more varied gameplay.

the Abilities are hard balance, though it's kind of confusing why you choose metal sonic in the first place, since we have one with only though with only one ability, also off topic where are shadow metal knuckles tails doll and eggrobo, those were a present in every other version shadow anyway.

Last edited:
the Abilitiesare hard balance, though it's kind of confusing why you choose metal sonic in the first place, since we have one with only though with only one ability, also off topic where are shadow metal knuckles tails doll and eggrobo, those were a present in every other version shadow anyway.

Shadow: Is being developed by Speedwagon.
TD-MetalKnux-Eggrobo: Not a hint of them.

Shadow: Is being developed by Speedwagon.
TD-MetalKnux-Eggrobo: Not a hint of them.
Not Exactly, me and Blonic have been playing around with an eggrobo wad and is currently in overpowered beta. It won't be released on the MB because it's lua is too copy-pasty of eggman.

Not Exactly, me and Blonic have been playing around with an eggrobo wad and is currently in overpowered beta. It won't be released on the MB because it's lua is too copy-pasty of eggman.

Hm.. still sounds interesting. However, of the three, the one I truly want to see is Metal Knuckles, as due to lua, he can now have the wall busting powers of Chuckles and truly be a Metal Knuckles, rather than just Metal Sonic but with the Glide and Climb ability like in 2.0.

Back on topic, no idea if I said this before, but I love this character. I always like the suspense of wondering what my next ability is. The only thing I hate is getting the powers of Potlea- I mean Silver. hehe... whoops.

Hm.. still sounds interesting. However, of the three, the one I truly want to see is Metal Knuckles, as due to lua, he can now have the wall busting powers of Chuckles and truly be a Metal Knuckles, rather than just Metal Sonic but with the Glide and Climb ability like in 2.0.

Back on topic, no idea if I said this before, but I love this character. I always like the suspense of wondering what my next ability is. The only thing I hate is getting the powers of Potlea- I mean Silver. hehe... whoops.

Well..... The Unleashed Sonic from r543 is in a post made by him in the editing section, and is a beta. Maybe you can post it?

And, if Metal Knux is even being added or created, i wanna see him with GlideClimb ability, possibility of breaking walls, and... coughcoughpossibly shooting lazors?coughcough
hehe..... whoops again? (?

Well..... The Unleashed Sonic from r543 is in a post made by him in the editing section, and is a beta. Maybe you can post it?

And, if Metal Knux is even being added or created, i wanna see him with GlideClimb ability, possibility of breaking walls, and... coughcoughpossibly shooting lazors?coughcough
hehe..... whoops again? (?

First off, what in my post had to do with Unleashed Sonic (no, seriously, I'm baffled).

Second, that is what I meant about Metal Knux. Personally, I would like him to be like Sonic R's Metal Knux to an extent, meaning:

• All of Chuckles' abilities
  • Faster top speed
  • No spindash, but a roll attack (I'm sure a Lua script could do this)
  • Various other stats slightly buffed

Essentially, a buffed Chuckles without the spindash, as that was essentially Sonic R Metal Knux.

First off, what in my post had to do with Unleashed Sonic (no, seriously, I'm baffled).

Whoops again, I've forgotted to quote the post of Duon of the "Egg-Robo" overpawered-beta char :V

Second, that is what I meant about Metal Knux. Personally, I would like him to be like Sonic R's Metal Knux to an extent, meaning:

• All of Chuckles' abilities
  • Faster top speed
  • No spindash, but a roll attack (I'm sure a Lua script could do this)
  • Various other stats slightly buffed

Essentially, a buffed Chuckles without the spindash, as that was essentially Sonic R Metal Knux.

First one: Agree!
Second one: Metal Knux is a copy of Knuckles, so... He really has to have this one? :V
Third one: All you have to do for this, is to flag the spindashing thing of him, and letting him roll is just as easy as that.
Final one: Agree.

Now, we've to wait for a overhauled Tails Doll, and our robot characters list is complete! (Excluding Badniks, obviously :V)

@Duon
For any kind of chance, this is the overpowered beta of an Egg-Robo you were talking about of?

bf86202a87.gif

If it is, I HAVE HIM IN MY COLLECTION ALONG WITH YOUR CHAR! >:D

Last edited:
The character is great fun, but Silver's ability is the opposite. It serves absolutely no use other than to goof off with enemies, and since movement and platforming is kind of a major thing in SRB2, it makes the levels much harder. While that may be nice for people in need of a challenge, it certainly isn't fun in any respect, not to mention it makes some jumps almost impossible (for example, you'll always have to take the bottom route at the start of RVZ). Plus, no Spindash, which just compounds the problem.

While I understand things like this and other abilities having no spindash is to keep them true to the mod characters, but you don't have to keep them the exact same. At the very least, I'd recommend giving Silver a bit of more height on his jump, to make some jumps less impossible, and maybe give him Spindash just so he serves a bit more use.

I did an entire run of the game with this. Somehow, I got to the Metal Sonic race with 31 lives... only I ended the game with 19 because the Metal Sonic fight gave me the worst abilities (you do not know how many times I had to put up with Mecha Sonic's bad acceleration). Espio was a godsend at that point.

This made me delusional. I began to believe I could pull Metal Sonic in with telekinesis. It didn't work out in the end and I killed myself for a reroll. I think my luck was pretty good for everything but ERZ3. I went on the right path of ERZ1 for that extra life in the 2D section, got to the disappearing block room, died because Float wasn't exactly useful, got Silver and commit suicide, and then got Tails.

You have to have immense luck just to win in this thing. But it was fun. A lot of fun. I went after the Chaos Emeralds for even though I was on no save and there's no Super Sonic ability. Ah well.

I began to believe I could pull Metal Sonic in with telekinesis. It didn't work out in the end and I killed myself for a reroll. I think my luck was pretty good for everything but ERZ3.

No silver's telekenisis ability sucks due to VERY bad range(you gotta get up close and personal with your enemies) and that you are supposed to STAY in your spinning mode. This makes silver's ability BAD to use, unless fixed somehow.

No silver's telekenisis ability sucks due to VERY bad range(you gotta get up close and personal with your enemies) and that you are supposed to STAY in your spinning mode. This makes silver's ability BAD to use, unless fixed somehow.

It's not the range that I was talking about, it's just I thought for whatever reason that Telekinesis worked on bosses. It didn't.

Besides, I rarely ever got Silver and when I did, I was in a situation in which there weren't enemies and I died before I saw any. Kinda pointless in the end.

Well in case you DO get silver his abilities should be fixed, like i said. They are almost as annoying to use as is playing with the most bizarre and hated sonic character(cats aside).

That's an issue with the default ability and not the character itself. You have this complaint in the wrong place.

Moreover, you're not playing as that character. You're playing as Metal Sonic imitating that character. Besides, it's not like you're stuck with Silver unless you lost all your lives and don't want to/don't have a continue. Besides, the best part about this character is getting a random ability, regardless of how good or bad it is. It's part of why so many people enjoy it.

But at the same time, the ability in itself is useless in every practice (it pulls or pushes enemies based on where you're located, which in a game that's focused on platforming and not enemies, is useless anyways, plus it doesn't do anything besides just push/pull them, so you can't even use it to get rid of tougher enemies that might be giving you trouble), making it so that instead of "I wonder what ability I'll get" it's "I hope I don't get Silver". The ability needs to be tweaked at least, and I'd totally be behind keeping the no jump as a "Error: No data found" hard-type ability, in which case it'd be cool and challenging to get it. Really, there's no reason to actually keep the ability, since there isn't an actual Silver character add-on yet.

That's because people are using silver's ability the wrong way. The way how I effectively use silver's attacks are as follows:

1.) Score collecting: there are a lot of places in SRB2 that have lots of enemies scattered in the area. Simply jumping and using the ability will bring all those enemies right under you, making you fall upon each and every one of them, and soon you are getting lots of 1,000s.

2.) Emergency saves: in some levels, miscalculations can be made when jumping, and you may find yourself jumping onto a platform with an enemy on the very edge, and you know pain will be induced when you land. This is where the push will come in handy. Or any other time when a jumping miscalculation is made, and you know you will get hit. Simply either push them away to try again, or pull them in to hit them.

Whereas in every other situation any other ability would be more useful (Hell, other abilities would be more useful in those situations too, like Air Drill in the "emergency save" situation). Plus, does score collecting even really matter with an add-on character?

Well, it does if you're doing a full run of the game and want as many lives as you can for some of the harder levels. I mean, most of my score came from NiGHTS, but still, it matters.

Plus, it's fun to get thousands of points from enemies.

I absoulutelyabsoloutely? absolutely?Absolutely adore this character! My only issue is how some of the characters can't spindash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back