Master server problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cue is being strict on application of the n00b status. There are many n00bs though. Just not 9/10th's of us. :/

Ohhh, so this is why i can't re-re-download SRB2. (Yes, re-re-download. I've been forced to uninstal it twice.)

Meh. Unlike most people, i'm patient and can play Puzzle Pirates or Animal Crossing or something until i can get to srb2 and wait for the MS to say 'hey people! I'm activated!'

Try going to the 1.09.4a topic in Announcements, J-town. There should be a download link for SRB2 there. I don't mean the patch, I mean the Full version...

That's good.
We shouldn't expect it to be back up for a while; there can be many chances of it going back down again. :(

Shadamy-Angel said:
Join my server now! Do it now !
we'll join your server if we want to.
And by the way you're acting, not many people are going to join.
and besides, it's back down anyways.

R.U.B.I.K. said:
You win 42.
Can you teach me how to use it though?

I honestly have no idea. I just compiled it!

Silent_Snipe said:
And that does what exactly?

That is what you run to host your own master server. However, as stated previously, I don't know how to use it.

fedorageek920 said:
R.U.B.I.K. said:
You win 42.
Can you teach me how to use it though?

I honestly have no idea. I just compiled it!
darn. I assumed that I just stick the executable into the masterserver folder that's in the tools folder and click on it. The command line quickly pops up and closes.

R.U.B.I.K. said:
darn. I assumed that I just stick the executable into the masterserver folder that's in the tools folder and click on it. The command line quickly pops up and closes.

You can put it anywhere, I think. The masterserver folder is the source code. some command line arguments are needed, I bet. Probably a port number and maybe and IP adress...

R.U.B.I.K. said:
It won't let me put the arguments in.

That's not what I meant. You know how to put srb2 in opengl mode you make a batch file with this in it?
Code:
srb2win.exe -opengl
I think it's like that with the masterserver. Except something like this:
Code:
MasterServer.exe 54352 192.168.0.1
(with a real port number and IP adress, of course.) I'll take a look through the source code to see if I can find anything out.

EDIT: I found it out. You run it like this:
Code:
masterserver <port>
replacing <port> with a port, of course. This port probably needs to be forwarded, and then you change the settings of the srb2mslauncher2, or for the internal client, config.cfg to <yourip>:<port> to access this masterserver. If this helped, YAY. 'cause that's what it was meant to do! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back