Mariopack1096

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCFreak said:
Use your own host, SMS. You're much better off than using a free file hosting site. >_>

Anyways, looks really nice.

Oh fine. Freewebs coming up!

Screw shadow mario, I would go with a boo, or Dry Bones, yeah, Dry Bones

Those have never played a major role in games, except for little enemies to jump on. Shadow Mario, however, had at least 1 major role in Super Mario Sunshine, and apeared in some games as Mario Golf Toadstool tour. But Boo makes a chance, though. Hm....now I think of the abilities, he has a REALLY good chance of coming in.

Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Use your own host, SMS. You're much better off than using a free file hosting site. >_>

Anyways, looks really nice.

Oh fine. Freewebs coming up!

Screw shadow mario, I would go with a boo, or Dry Bones, yeah, Dry Bones

Those have never played a major role in games, except for little enemies to jump on. Shadow Mario, however, had at least 1 major role in Super Mario Sunshine, and apeared in some games as Mario Golf Toadstool tour. But Boo makes a chance, though. Hm....now I think of the abilities, he has a REALLY good chance of coming in.

Have you ever played Luigi's Mansion? The main characters are Luigi, KING BOO, and E.Gadd.

Wario

Good job on the Wario and Waluigi wads Super Mystic! But Bat Wario goes waaaaaaaaay to slow. can you fix that? :offtopic: Wario's weapon is an exploding fart. !Brawl reference!

Re: Wario

Yugi said:
Good job on the Wario and Waluigi wads Super Mystic! But Bat Wario goes waaaaaaaaay to slow. can you fix that? :offtopic: Wario's weapon is an exploding fart. !Brawl reference!

Its ment as slow fall for easy platforming and a awesome way to rail when falling. And there's no climb only option, so yeah....BUT, you'll speed up slowly as you fly, untill you reach thok speed. But thok speed will only occur if you manage to fly for 1 minute and longer.

Bouncey said:
Uh.. Mario riding Yoshi please.. And please don't ignore me..

Although I would say I'm ignoring you, replying to you means I'm not.

Mario&Yoshi are both already in the pack, and I wouldn't see use of making them combined. We need 10 differen't and original Mario characters with their own abilities and style. Mario and Luigi are the closest characters, but only because of their speed, jump, and look. They still have their differences though. Luigi is a bit slower in maxspeed and a bit better in accel. Luigi can also run on water with runshoes, and he can spindash. His fireball flies slower as Mario's, but can be fired at near-rapid speed. Mario's can only be trown as fast a ring. Mario is also the only one with a superform.

See, these characters are close to each other, yet have pretty many differences. And I don't want to make characters more look-alike than with Mario and Luigi. If I'd combine Mario with Yoshi.....bad idea.

Dry Bones has made an appearance as more then a enemy... in Mario Par*mauled*
Also SMS, you did a nice job with the new characters. Can't wait to see what other characters you put in.
(Wild crazy ideas ahead, you were warned!) What about Wart? Bullet Bill would just be fun to move around at fast speeds avoiding walls as a sort of diversion. First to hit a wall di*shot* Also being a chain chomp would be too. Think, you could have his spin made into a melee attack that you would violently go forward attacking your opponent. Also the inclusion of Items like homing shells and a mini mushroom. If players touched it they could maybe turn into the baby of themselves. Change invincibilty music to Star musi*shot millions of times to end rambling*

Well glad thats over. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Err... Paper Mario? He could float....
Metal Mario would be cool, but you already have lots of heavyweights.
Ooh! Cape Mario! He could have that infinite-hover ability!
Boo would be a good idea. I vote for Boo. That large lump on my head means nothing. I vote for Boo. He'd be cool with the slowfall ability...or even the hover one, but that's a bit cheap.

Okay, I'd like to point out I'd point that I'll probably choose a character that plays major roles in multiple games. Wario and Waluigi are pretty major characters. Boo makes a chance because the Boos play a big role in Luigi's mansion, and have apeared in nearly every Mario game, and even as playable character in later Mario Party games and sport games. His abilities also seem pretty nice for the game, AND he is seen in Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga. And that is the game where every character comes from, and I'd rather apply that style to every character. Dry Bones doesn't seem to be a good character, both because he seems weak, and because he's apeared in way less games than Boo. The only good looking thing I can think of is him trowing bones.

Boo and Shadow Mario. How'd you like that?

No Shadow Mario, because that's just a crappy recolor of the original.
Shy Guy would be a neat character though.

Oh, and you ignored my post.

BlazingPhoenix said:
One question SMS: Why the hell do you name your version numbers after 109? It's really stupid to do so.

Remember I released SMS, MarioPack, and some other wads on SRB2 1.09.4 release? I named to MarioPack 1.09.4(or 1094) to make sure people that still didn't have SRB2 1.09.4 would know thats its there, and that the wad is made for that SRB2 version. SRB2 1.1 is a long way to go, and will probably take years before its here. By then, I might have lost inspiration on the wads, so I want to release some betas to keep them going. However, renaming them <Wad> V.4 will result in even more questions than I'm already getting about why I release Mariopack1095 while SRB2 1.09.5 ain't out. You'll get a lot of version misunderstandings on servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back