• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lua-Sonic (REJECTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirb

Kirb The Korb
yet again, a sonic with some custom sprites and a bunch of cool luas

Lua-Sonic it's a Sonic modification that mashes togheter platforming, speed and combat
he has three abilities, for now.

first Ability: Homing Thok (combat)
Double jump to zoom forward with a huge burst of speed, if you do it near an enemy you will zoom toward it

Second ability: Double jump (platforming)
press spin in mid-air to jump a second time in air, but you will be vulnerable again

Third ability: Dashmode (speed)
if you run fast enough for some time, you will enter dashmode, you will destroy enemies when in this state

more abilities will be added in future, also, he doesn't have air walk
srb21741.gif

Last edited:
for now it is like it's shown in the gifs, i didn't do so much progress for now, any idea for an ability?
You Could Add a light speed dash and a super form with some extra abilities of your choice, custom sprites would be cool too

Double jump to zoom forward with a huge burst of speed, if you do it near an enemy you will zoom toward HIM
Uhhhhhhh, isnt it supposed to say "It" instead of "Him"? Him is used for humans, and "It" is used for not living objects such as robots (because they dont actually have life, just cables and batteries and stuff.)

Uhhhhhhh, isnt it supposed to say "It" instead of "Him"? Him is used for humans, and "It" is used for not living objects such as robots (because they dont actually have life, just cables and batteries and stuff.)
welp, sorry, English isn't my native language

Third ability: Dashmode (speed)
if you run FASTER enough for some time, you will enter dashmode, you will destroy enemies when in this state
Another one... Im kinda your word corrector now... "Faster" Is Used For When Your Moving Really Fast And Your Speed Increases Every Second, "Fast" Is Used For When Youre In Very High Speeds. The Reason Why Youre Supposed To Type In "Fast" Instead Of "Faster" Is Because Sonics Speed Cap Is Set To Not Go Too Fast, Same With Modded Characters That Have Dashmode. However, When Using Modded Characters That Have Dashmode, Running After A Few Seconds Later Right After The Speed Cap Gets Locked Increases The Speed Because Dashmode Gets Trigged On. Kinda Like Metal Sonic. And Yes, I Read Your "welp, sorry, English isn't my native language" Message Just Now.

Last edited:
Honestly this looks like another Alt-Sonic if he had other abilities...
But you are not done yet. I wish you the best of luck on this either way! Though can you remove the dash mode? It looks cool and everything but it just reminds me of alt sonic and I really don't like that.

Honestly this looks like another Alt-Sonic if he had other abilities...
But you are not done yet. I wish you the best of luck on this either way! Though can you remove the dash mode? It looks cool and everything but it just reminds me of alt sonic and I really don't like that.
Guess any Sonic with Dash Mode is an instant Alt Sonic clone now... guess that makes Neo Sonic an Alt Sonic clone. And FSonic. And Junio Sonic. And my MCSonic. Regardless of if 3 out of those 4 released in some form prior to Alt Sonic. (sarcasm but still making a point).

That besides, they really aren't at fault for having a similar idea, lol. Homing Attack's only an extra move for Alt Sonic, and Alt Sonic also doesn't have a Double Jump.
Post automatically merged:

Another one... Im kinda your word corrector now... "Faster" Is Used For When Your Moving Really Fast And Your Speed Increases Every Second, "Fast" Is Used For When Youre In Very High Speeds. The Reason Why Youre Supposed To Type In "Fast" Instead Of "Faster" Is Because Sonics Speed Cap Is Set To Not Go Too Fast, Same With Modded Characters That Have Dashmode. However, When Using Modded Characters That Have Dashmode, Running After A Few Seconds Later Right After The Speed Cap Gets Locked Increases The Speed Because Dashmode Gets Trigged On. Kinda Like Metal Sonic. And Yes, I Read Your "welp, sorry, English isn't my native language" Message Just Now.
... not quite.

"faster" would actually be used to show that your speed has increased. Your speed cap is fast, but Dash Mode is faster. However, your correction is correct, the reason why is because faster is used to represent an increase from the previous frame of reference. So, "if you are running faster for long enough" does not indeed work in the context of the post.

This likely is redundant, considering you were trying to explain this, but didn't know how.

Last edited:
Guess any Sonic with Dash Mode is an instant Alt Sonic clone now... guess that makes Neo Sonic an Alt Sonic clone. And FSonic. And Junio Sonic. And my MCSonic. Regardless of if 3 out of those 4 released in some form prior to Alt Sonic. (sarcasm but still making a point).

That besides, they really aren't at fault for having a similar idea, lol. Homing Attack's only an extra move for Alt Sonic, and Alt Sonic also doesn't have a Double Jump.
I didn't say any sonic with a dash mode is an instant rip of alt. But this lua sonic's dash mode looks familiar to alt sonic. FSonic, and Junio's dash mode are more like extra speed not reminding me of alt sonic.
Also yes Alt doesn't have a double jump which is why I said this
"Honestly this looks like another Alt-Sonic if he had other abilities..."
The mod is very cool but I was just asking if Kirb can tweak/ remove the dash mode.

The mod is very cool but I was just asking if Kirb can tweak/ remove the dash mode.
No Way, what do you even hate about alt sonic anyways??? This isnt even a released mod yet! also i COMPLETELY didnt mind lua sonics dash mode being similar to alt sonics, and plus, modifi-ception is a thing now because of this =I

I didn't say any sonic with a dash mode is an instant rip of alt. But this lua sonic's dash mode looks familiar to alt sonic. FSonic, and Junio's dash mode are more like extra speed not reminding me of alt sonic.
Also yes Alt doesn't have a double jump which is why I said this
"Honestly this looks like another Alt-Sonic if he had other abilities..."
That's likely because Alt Sonic builds off of vanilla Dash Mode, and this is using vanilla Dash Mode.

Double jump to zoom forward with a huge burst of speed, if you do it near an enemy you will zoom toward it
I think that the homing thok, can be like the homming attack in sonic momentum, you charge it to build speed, and you only tap to presserve your momentum.

Second ability: Double jump (platforming)
press spin in mid-air to jump a second time in air, but you will be vulnerable again
It can be, when you charge the homing attack you gain some extra height, and if you tap spin while charging you will do a cancel, so you are not going to dash forward.

Sorry if I didn't explain good, english isn't my native language too.

I have some of my own intel for what the abilities should be.

LIGHTDASH + LIGHT SPEED ATTACK (SA1-Styled):
Lightdash and Light Speed Attack that's executed like its SA1 counterpart. Charge the spindash for about 2 seconds to give Lua-Sonic a blue aura (or just make his skincolor Cyan as long as he's charging it, or some particle effects will do the trick) and release near rings for the Lightdash, and near enemies for the Light Speed Attack.

SONIC WAVE (from Sonic Battle):
Sonic Wave from Sonic Battle. Press Custom 1 to use it.. Lua-Sonic will start a spindash, and then after 1 second, Lua-Sonic will jump up and send a wave that will damage badniks and bosses, making it a viable addition to his moveset.

Take these ideas with a grain of salt, these are just personal favorite abilities from the series.

SONIC WAVE (from Sonic Battle):
Sonic Wave from Sonic Battle. Press Custom 1 to use it.. Lua-Sonic will start a spindash, and then after 1 second, Lua-Sonic will jump up and send a wave that will damage badniks and bosses, making it a viable addition to his moveset.
I think that is a good idea, but it also can be a combination of spindash and jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back