[Open Assets] Knuckles' Chaotix/Sonic Mania Inspired Palette (boinpal.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Here's something I made as an experiment that got some positive feedback on IRC and Discord, so I decided to throw it out there for everyone else!

attachment.php

FEATURES:
- Hue shifting inspired by Knuckles' Chaotix! (Sonic Mania too because people keep telling me it looks like that!)
- Manually edited COLORMAP lump that is probably sort of okay!
- Blues that shift from cyan to blue to purple, reds that shift from orange to red to purple, et cetera!
- Some colours don't look that different but that's probably fine!
- A messed up title screen because SSN's graphics don't like what I've done to the palette!
- Two versions! boinpal.wad (no TRANS10-TRANS90 lumps) and boinpalcolormap.wad! (with TRANS10-TRANS90 lumps) because I don't feel like removing the legacy version!
- You can add boinpal.wad or boinpalcolormap.wad during netgames as a client! Brag to your friends that you're using this wad and make them jealous!

attachment.php

Do you notice a difference!? I kind of do!

attachment.php

Attachments

• boinpal.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,952
  • srb20802.png
    srb20802.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 20,089
  • srb20806.png
    srb20806.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 10,816
  • srb20810.png
    srb20810.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 10,056
  • boinpalcolormap.zip
    202.9 KB · Views: 1,782
Last edited:
Updated with a version that includes TRANS10-TRANS90 lumps. For those that want to use this without triggering the game being modified, I've left the version without them up for download. Credit to Nomekop for getting the lumps for me, I didn't think about including them.

Last edited:
I really like this palette. Although the blue looks cool, all the other colors look as if they were from Sonic Mania as well! Good stuff.

As a note, as of the most recent SRB2 Version, boinpalcolormap.wad no longer sets the modified flag, so it can be used online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back