Interactive Colors

Interactive Colors 1.3

Felicia.iso

Simple coder girl
Felix44 submitted a new resource:

Interactive Colors - Colors that change appearance as you do different things

Disclaimer: since skincolors are the same for every player, the skincolors wont fully work in a netgame if multiple people use the same (for example only one player might be able to interact with the color while still changing it for everyone)

With that out of the way, Interactive Colors adds 4 new special skincolors, that change appearance based on different things, lets see how they work and look like:

Interactive Ring (SKINCOLOR_RINGI)
might look a bit...

Read more about this resource...

Cool—do you play Terraria by any chance? Because there's something very similar to this in Terraria. :)

Since you're looking for some color ideas, have some here:
  • A color that alternates between any owned Chaos Emeralds' colors.
  • A color based on what zone the player is in.
  • A color based on what the player is standing on.
  • A color that changes based on the amount of lives.
  • A color that shines bright when the player is hit, then slowly fades back to a more pale palette.
Those ideas are probably pretty bad, but I hope you'll enjoy some of them!

Since you're looking for some color ideas, have some here:
  • A color that alternates between any owned Chaos Emeralds' colors.
  • A color based on what zone the player is in.
  • A color based on what the player is standing on.
  • A color that changes based on the amount of lives.
  • A color that shines bright when the player is hit, then slowly fades back to a more pale palette.
Those ideas are probably pretty bad, but I hope you'll enjoy some of them!
hmm some of these sound cool, I actually made a 1.1 version that added a customizable flashing color, but I'm worried it might have made netgames more unstable..even if they arleady were, probably gonna release it soon
have a gif of it cause why not
srb21913.gif

how i can use the custom skincolor
with the setcustomcolor command, the syntax is setcustomcolor <A|B> <color 1> <color 2> <color 3> <color 4> <color 5> <color 6> <color 7> <color 8> <color 9> <color 10> <color 11> <color 12> <color 13> <color 14> <color 15> <color 16>
A is the color from which the skincolor will starts and B is the color that the sikncolor will slowly become, once it reaches the same color as B it will go back to A and the loop will continue, the 16 colors must be a number from the palette, top left is 0 while bottom right is 255

there seems be a bug in the command in 1.1, so you might encounter a warning, that will be fixed in 1.2 (that will be released in a few minutes!)

with the setcustomcolor command, the syntax is setcustomcolor <A|B> <color 1> <color 2> <color 3> <color 4> <color 5> <color 6> <color 7> <color 8> <color 9> <color 10> <color 11> <color 12> <color 13> <color 14> <color 15> <color 16>
A is the color from which the skincolor will starts and B is the color that the sikncolor will slowly become, once it reaches the same color as B it will go back to A and the loop will continue, the 16 colors must be a number from the palette, top left is 0 while bottom right is 255

there seems be a bug in the command in 1.1, so you might encounter a warning, that will be fixed in 1.2 (that will be released in a few minutes!)
lol thx
srb20091.gif

Post automatically merged:

Why not a color that changes every time the player jumps or uses an ability?

Last edited:
lol thx
View attachment 44880
Post automatically merged:

Why not a color that changes every time the player jumps or uses an ability?
nice color lol
hmm I had a similar idea for the Interactive Shield color (that is to make it flash when the ability is used), but the time to make it go back to some shield's color is a bit long and having it rarely look like the shield felt bad to me, but I'll think of another place where it could be used

Nice!
Would it be possible to have a color that gets brighter the closer the closest enemy/ring/monitor is to you, or depending on how many of those things are loaded?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back