Resource icon

DirkTheHusky

Team Kinetic RPG
The insta-shield from Sonic 3 has returned to SRB2 2.2

attachment.php

As Sonic, you can use this ability by pressing spin in mid-air with no shield, giving you a short radius attack on enemies. You can also break open monitors as well if you're near them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The insta-shield also grants you invulnerability for a very short period of time. With perfect timing, you can easily dodge nearly any projectiles, and even lasers, by just going straight through them.

attachment.php

The original lua from FSonic.wad was done by Katsy, and porting the lua, bugfixing, and new insta-shield sprites were done by me.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 9,564
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 8,859
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 9,534
  • srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 8,400
  • VL_InstaShield-v1.pk3
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,614
Last edited:
Huh... Parrying in a platformer. This move has so much utility despite its simplicity. I also really like the sprite work. Very great job dude!

Welcome to Releases!

Since Battle Mod is out, you should update this to be able to hurt players in Battle gametypes

The insta-shield is one of my favourite classic ability in the serie.

Too bad it has been left out in most games (I know in Mania it's an unlockable but it means it wasn't seen as an important part of his moveset)

Great, now Sonic gets to be even more OP than before!
This ability is not really making him more OP (maybe a bit because he's in 3D space and he got the Thok), learning to time it well requires a bit of training.

I love the Insta-shield, i'd be if this made it into vanilla someday.
And I wouldn't be against seeing it in the vanilla game if they added an option similar to Sonic Mania where you can change Sonic's secondary ability (Super Peelout, Drop Dash and Insta Shield in exchange of the Thok).

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back