[Discontinued] Golden Crawla

[Discontinued] Golden Crawla Unfinished v2 build

RubyTheMii

Your average Internet doofus
Hi. Welcome to the Golden Crawla discussion thread. If you want to download the asset, just click on the orange Download button.
The latest version is v1.1.1, but I will be keeping older versions publicly available. You can find any older releases in the History tab.

okay that's all lol

oh and before you ask, yes this is reusable, even if the Assets list doesn't say so

Last edited:
Nice mod, reminds me of the Golden Motobugs from Sonic Forces' Episode Shadow DLC

Hey when I saw this again I thought: "what if there was Henry support lol?" Now I check the update and I see Henry support holy shie

Hey when I saw this again I thought: "what if there was Henry support lol?" Now I check the update and I see Henry support holy shie
To be honest, I thought the same thing when Henry came out earlier today, and since you provided us with a custom fail screen script, I couldn't resist, haha.

Now I want to see a platinum crawla, they dash backwards from you and fire lasers at you, and after hitting it, it will try and dash into you instead, same effect of how GFZ boss dash away after you hit him, this guy does that but towards you, I like the idea of more enemies that change playstyle.

Hey paisanos, just dropped a new Golden Crawla update. It may be a really tiny update, but I hope it can atleast resurrect this yellow madlad.

You can read about the update right here.
Post automatically merged:

So, uh, small side-note here:

I was actually thinking about adding Kirby support for the next major update. I just don't know which Copy Ability I should use for the Golden Crawla yet. I should figure something out soon, and then I'll get to work.

Last edited:
Hey paisanos, just dropped a new Golden Crawla update. It may be a really tiny update, but I hope it can atleast resurrect this yellow madlad.

You can read about the update right here.
Post automatically merged:

So, uh, small side-note here:

I was actually thinking about adding Kirby support for the next major update. I just don't know which Copy Ability I should use for the Golden Crawla yet. I should figure something out soon, and then I'll get to work.
The resurrection of a god

I feel like it should have some kind of sparkle effect to it, because without that it looks more like a mustard crawla

I feel like it should have some kind of sparkle effect to it, because without that it looks more like a mustard crawla
I was actually thinking about that a long time ago. I'll be trying to implement that in the next major update.

the effect might end up looking like trash tho lmao

Last edited:
there should be a command for this addon that changes the ammount of rings it drops, and the max ammount of rings could be 20.

hi hello there how are you doing

I submitted this mod to the Message Board all the way back in July 5th 2021, and now, nearly 8 months later, something huge is happening.

I am officially discontinuing the Golden Crawla mod. And don't worry, I have my reasons.

1) I've pretty much lost any sort of motivation to continue working on it.
2) i've already got extra life to deal with lmao, and since he's sorta booming right now then i decided i would just devote all of my time to him

However, if you're interested in giving this project a second chance, then go right ahead! If you want to finish what I've started with v1.2 (i don't know why you would), the indev build is attached below. The mod is marked as reusable, after all.

thanks for reading i guess and see you next game

Attachments

• L_GoldenCrawla-v1.2-indev.pk3
    43 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
hi hello there how are you doing

So recently I've been considering dropping this mod, and I've finally decided I'd do it today. The Golden Crawla is officially discontinued. And that's not without some reasons.

1) I've pretty much lost any sort of motivation to continue working on it.
2) i've already got extra life to deal with lmao, and since he's sorta booming right now then i decided i would just devote all of my time to him

However, if you're interested in giving this project a second chance, then go right ahead! If you want to finish what I've started with v1.2 (i don't know why you would), the indev build is attached below. The mod is marked as reusable, after all.

thanks for reading i guess and see you next game
Any differences from 1.1?

Any differences from 1.1?
There's only really two - those being Kirby compatibility (Stone ability) and an attempt at creating sparkles that surround the Crawla. While the sparkles do work, this, however, causes the A_Chase action to completely break. I was gonna try to fix that, among 1 or 2 other changes (if I remember correctly) before I simply gave up.

...So I've been thinking about this mod recently, and since it's already one year old, I think I might come back to it for one last update before I dump it for good to finally finish Extra Life v2, now that I have a better understanding of Lua and SRB2 modding as a whole.

Expect the update to release When It's Done™️. I don't have a set release date for this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back