FL Studio Chan tunes in to Sonic Robo Blast 2!

FL Studio Chan tunes in to Sonic Robo Blast 2! 3.1A/3.3

Voidy2246

✨ Collaborator ✨
Voidy2246 submitted a new resource:

FL Studio Chan tunes into Sonic Robo Blast 2! - My meme is no longer a dream!

Hello, everyone! Today, I bring you FL Studio Chan, Image-Line's adorable anime mascot! Not only do you get to play as FL Chan herself, but Metal Sonic also joins her to form a useful alliance. But we'll get to that later. First, let's talk about her abilities!

View attachment 46884

- Primary:
- Slow Fall: Press and hold jump after jumping to gently float downwards. Since she jumps higher than everybody else, this can be useful for landing on enemies in which...

Read more about this resource...

Voidy2246 updated FL Studio Chan tunes into Sonic Robo Blast 2! with a new update entry:

Sound Test, Hugs, and More Supports!

• There is now a special surprise waiting for you in the Sound Test! ;)
  • She can now hug people by pressing Custom 2 near them! If you want to let go, press Custom 2 again. Or if you press Custom 3 while hugging someone, you'll spawn music notes of happiness above your head. This can be turned off and on with "flhugs" in the console. <3
  • She now has more addon supports. Including:
    • Idol Fes
      • [ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Voidy2246 updated FL Studio Chan tunes into Sonic Robo Blast 2! with a new update entry:

BattleMod and Persona Adjustments

- Removed all instances of "All7Emeralds(pw_emeralds)" in her code following the same thing I discovered with Dummy Ring Bomb.
- The shockwave object used to make Mic Drop kill spikes and damage players (in BattleMod) now spawns where the mic lands as opposed to where FL Chan herself is. Meaning that you no longer have to be on the same ground level as your target!
View attachment 49469
- After some additional research, it turns out that having BattleMod loaded in at all changes...

Some Finishing Touches

These last few changes are mostly for her Persona support. There are some very minor vanilla adjustments, though.

- General:
- The "Redo" part of the file name has been removed. Tbh, that part was only there for personal purposes.

- Vanilla:
- The signpost sprite has been lowered to make it align perfectly with the "Chaos Emerald bar" on the save files.
- The Kaboom Box now displays an extra sprite when it's automatically detonated via its passive ability.

Henry Support, Faster Kaboom Box, and more Persona Adjustments

Vanilla:
- Henry Support added
Collision in BattleMod
View attachment 50852

Mic Drop (the mic itself)
View attachment 50856

Mic Drop (the shockwave)
View attachment 50857

Kaboom Box
View attachment 50858
- The delay for after manually detonating the Kaboom Box has been reduced.

Persona:
- She now returns to blocking Bless attacks (because seriously, screw instant...

I Don't Know What To Call This One

Vanilla:
- When forced into a super form, she'll no longer have a jump boost (since she jumps high enough as it is).
- When hugging, FL Chan can no longer use her abilities until the hug-fest ends.
- You can also now set aside Custom 3 because she'll only spawn one music note of happiness to match the new sound she makes.
- One of the fail messages for her Henry Stickmin support (the direct Mic Drop to be specific) has been changed to a different wording while still keeping the joke...

FL Chan's Definitive SRB2P Support

Now that I've played and beaten Persona 4: Golden thanks to a friend of mine, I decided to try balancing FL Chan one more time. Luckily, the fellas over at the SRB2P discord gave her the green light, so this will probably be the last time I update her for Persona unless 'Lat adds something in the next SRB2P update that would require updating characters and whatnot.

These are some big changes, so listen up!

View attachment 53379
- New stat lineup. 7/10/5/8/9 in that order.

A Thanksgiving Gift!

Hey there! It's been a while, hasn't it?

Either way, let me just start off by saying thank you all for 1,000 downloads on FL Chan! It's nice to know that even with such a niche character, the mod has this much attention!

Anyway, now I bring you v2.0 - just in time for Thanksgiving and before the next OLDC. Actually, the next OLDC was the reason why I waited until now for this update. Let's just say that a certain gimmick in my level doesn't get along well with the Kaboom Box.

Alas, this...

To be perfectly honest with you,I don't think the ability to Slow Fall as many times as you like should be locked behind getting all the chaos emeralds

To be perfectly honest with you,I don't think the ability to Slow Fall as many times as you like should be locked behind getting all the chaos emeralds
That decision was more or less meant to incentivize players to be strategic when using the Slow Fall before getting the Emeralds. Since she also uses her vest to Slow Fall, the Chaos Emeralds are supposed to be powering up her vest so that she would be able to use it multiple times. But since you're the only person to provide feedback for this, I appreciate it and will maybe consider doing default multiability in a future update.

Voidy2246 updated FL Studio Chan tunes in to Sonic Robo Blast 2! with a new update entry:

Birthday Update!

(For SRB2 Persona)
- She now learns most of her skillset earlier than she did before.
- She now learns Red Capote from SMT Nocturne (Sukukaja x3) instead of Heat Riser. Although here it's not only cheaper, you'll get to give it to an ally instead of just the caster.
- With Swift Dance now learned at 75, God's Hand is now learned at 85 - a high risk, but high reward move for her.
- Her boss version now gets a custom thinker to get an early advantage against those not wary enough.
- You no...

Voidy2246 updated FL Studio Chan tunes in to Sonic Robo Blast 2! with a new update entry:

Lots of Changes

- Read the Changelog included in the file as this update contains a lot of changes.
- Known Issue(s) are now included in the Changelog.

- She can now use the Flame Shield and Bubble Shield actives.
View attachment 62689
The Flame Shield will provide an outwards boost to go along with the Mic Drop's upward boost. Providing that you can handle it, of course.

View attachment 62690
The Bubble Shield can be used to add a little...

The Warning-less Update

This one is nothing too big, but nothing too small either. Especially when this one solves an issue that has plauged me for the past 8 months. Read the Changelogs to find out more.

View attachment 64325
- The Mic Drop will now spawn the MF_MISSILE shockwave regardless of whether or not you're near a boss or in a BattleMod gametype. This means that you can now also break nearby monitors with the shockwave! Just be careful around Eggman monitors...

The Final (Vanilla) Patch

Thanks to a friend of mine, I've been able to actually test out FL Chan in a netgame. This patch aims to iron out any last major issues with her, now making her properly functional in terms of basic gameplay. The SRB2P-exclusive file is kept the same, but expect a patch in the near future.

(Read the CRDT+CHLG text lump in SLADE for exact changes and my last message for this patch as I can finally put this behind me and move onto other projects confidently.)

Update Because I'm Bored AF

While we're all waiting for the OLDC to arrive, I figured that I would pass the time by pushing out the final update for FL Chan's Persona support. Not only does this make her work properly in 1.3.5, but it also changes up a few things so that she now plays how I definitively want her to.

Read the changelog for specifics.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back