• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
  • We've updated our submissions guidelines to address AI generated content, take a look at them here.

Fire Sonic

Kyatto

She/They please
I've been working on a Fire Sonic lately since no one else is doing it to my knowledge. Not much to show but here's what I have done.

Heat Meter: It depletes by one point every second. once it reaches 0, Sonic dies.
heatmeter-gif.185418

It can be recharged through hitting enemies, getting rings and activating star posts. (+3, +1 and + 20 respectively).

Burst Jump: Sonic slows down and charges up a dash that propels him upwards The longer he holds it, the more powerful it will be.
burstjump-gif.185417

Holding it for too long will force Sonic out of his state.

Spin Dash: It can be activated at any time on the ground.
spindash-gif.185420
spindashfullcharge-gif.185421

At full charge, fireball will circle around Sonic and burn anything that touches them.

Fire Boost: A fiery boost that can fly and depletes the meter faster.
fireboost-gif.185415

On the ground, the startup costs 5 meter points and in the air, it's 10.

Fire Ball: A simple projectile (can be charged up for Heat Wave when in Power Heat mode)
fireball-gif.185416
heatwave-gif.185419


Flame Loop: Hold the button and circle around your targets to damage them.
flameloop-gif.185423


Cinder Strike and Cinder Dash:
Cinder Strike is a homing attack that teleports Sonic to the location of the target and damages it.
If no enemy is found, Sonic will do a dash that cuts his vertical momentum.
cinderstrike-cinderdash-gif.185424


Fire immunity: Self-explanatory
fireimmunity-gif.185425

It recharges the meter too.

Power Heat mode: Increases Sonic's speed and jump height.
Hitting enemies in this state doubles the Heat Meter gain (+3 => +6)
It also doubles the charging speed of Burst Jump and Spin Dash.
On activation, Sonic will use his rings to fill up the meter as much as possible.
This mode use a lot of energy to maintain and will drain rings overtime. When they are depleted, the heat meter will go down at a very fast rate.
powerheatmode-gif.185422
https://mb.srb2.org/attachments/powerheatmodedeath-gif.184810/

Getting hit will cause Sonic to die. (Not too sure if I'll keep that one tho. I might make him totally invincible to try to balance the cost.)


That's all!

Oh and if you're wondering why some of these gifs play extremely fast, I've got no idea either. Sorry!

You probably can feel the (un)originality in this mod right now so I am open to suggestions! But, since I kinda suck at lua scripting, I might not be able to make yours. Sorry in advance!

Also, if you want to create sprites for this mod, just send me a message and I'll give you my Discord username! (or we can settle for almost any other social media app due to what is currently happening with Discord) because I absolutely cannot draw. Even for a million dollars.

What I am currently doing : Working on visual and sound effects.
 

Attachments

  • FireBoost.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 1,969
  • Fireball.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,983
  • BurstJump.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,983
  • HeatMeter.gif
    8 MB · Views: 2,006
  • Heatwave.gif
    10.4 MB · Views: 2,032
  • Spindash.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 1,952
  • SpindashFullCharge.gif
    8.2 MB · Views: 1,981
  • PowerHeatMode.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,797
  • FlameLoop.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,862
  • CinderStrike&CinderDash.gif
    13.1 MB · Views: 1,897
  • FireImmunity.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,845
Last edited:
this looks pretty awesome, will fire sonic just be a standalone character or will there also be a way for base sonic to transform into him?
 
this looks pretty awesome, will fire sonic just be a standalone character or will there also be a way for base sonic to transform into him?
He'll be a standalone character.
Making vanilla Sonic able to transform into him with a fire or elemental shield, or a fire flower sounds good tho.
 
Power Heat mode, Cinder Strike and Fire Stomp have been added.

Cinder Strike: A homing attack that teleports Sonic towards the nearest target. If no target is detected, he'll dash forward at a set speed instead.
cinderstrike-gif.184804


Fire Stomp: An ability that sends him down. A circle of fire will spread around him when landing on the ground. Landing on an enemy, a boss, or a monitor will make him bounce up a bit.
firestomp-gif.184807


Power Heat Mode: Increases Sonic's speed, jump height and (probably) damage. The Burst Jump will charge up twice as fast too.
This mode can be activated after the player stays at or over 95% of heat meter for 15-20 seconds, consuming all rings to fill up the meter proportionally to the number of the rings removed.
Sonic's meter will deplete much faster in this mode.
Getting hit while being in this mode will instantly kill him.
powerheatmode-gif.184808
powerheatmodedeath-gif.184810


Normal/Vanilla Sonic can transform into Fire Sonic after getting a shield that protects from fire or gathering 50 or more rings.
sonictransformation-gif.184811


A fire-resistant shield will prevent the loss of meter.

Oh and I also made it possible for him to burn solid scenery object when using his fire abilities on them. Not sure if I'll keep that though.
burningstuff-gif.184813
 

Attachments

  • BurningStuff.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,159
  • SonicTransformation.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,178
  • PowerHeatModeDeath.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 2,788
  • PowerHeatMode.gif
    11.3 MB · Views: 1,216
  • FireStomp.gif
    FireStomp.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,250
  • CinderStrike.gif
    10.9 MB · Views: 1,279
Will sonic also transform into him with a fire flower?
Yes he will!
Fire flowers and pretty much any shield/power-up with the flag "SH_PROTECTFIRE" will give Sonic the ability to transform into Fire Sonic.
 
Added a custom Spindash.
spindash-gif.185406

It can be activated at anytime on the ground.
Continuously using it on ground won't grant huge speed boosts (unless in Power Heat mode, if I decide to add it).
A full charge take around 4 seconds to achieve normally and 2 seconds in Power Heat mode.

Once fully charged, a bunch of fireballs will circle around him, destroying any enemy that touches them.
spindashfullcharge-gif.185407


I also changed the way Heat Wave would work.
The player should charge it first by holding the button and when it's ready, if the player releases the button, Sonic will shoot out fireballs in a straight, single line that pretty much defeats anything it touches and makes him invulnerable to any kind of damage. Will be available in Power Heat mode only.
heatwave-gif.185408


And with that, I think I am done with his abilities. All that's left for them would be bug fixing.
 

Attachments

  • Heatwave.gif
    10.4 MB · Views: 969
  • SpindashFullCharge.gif
    8.2 MB · Views: 1,020
  • Spindash.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 993
Yes he will!
Fire flowers and pretty much any shield/power-up with the flag "SH_PROTECTFIRE" will give Sonic the ability to transform into Fire Sonic.
just curious, in the future will you be able to make an transformation similar to the sbmz when he gets the fire flower or just a special transformation animation? also fantastic progress so far with this mod.
 
just curious, in the future will you be able to make an transformation similar to the sbmz when he gets the fire flower or just a special transformation animation? also fantastic progress so far with this mod.
I would love to do that and I'm currently trying to implement it.
This is how it looks like.

customtransformation-gif.185445


I've been working on it for a week or so.
Not much but it is something I guess.
 

Attachments

  • CustomTransformation.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 961
All posts must be in English. Please click the Edit button and translate your post.
Quand est-ce que ce sera disponible, les gars ?
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back
Top