Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
Ever felt like Sonic's ankles should've shattered when falling down that pit in THZ2?

No?
Well, they do shatter now!
attachment.php
Any time you go faster than 30 fracunits per tic down (e.g. when launching off a red spring) and land, you'll suffer.
Robots can't stand a chance against this either. Unless you use the hover.
attachment.php
Nojumpspin characters (such as Fang) will suffer from fall damage even more, since they can't land as good as Sonic can.
attachment.php

V1.1
  • Fixed the player sometimes dying on spawn
  • Fixed the bone crack sound playing when dead

V1
Initial release
So if you want to feel like Duke when playing SRB2, but don't want to play as Duke, this simple script is your go-to tool. Have fun.

Attachments

• srb20081.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 4,612
  • srb20082.gif
    763.9 KB · Views: 3,820
  • srb20083.gif
    876.9 KB · Views: 3,680
  • L_FallDamage-v1.1.lua
    816 bytes · Views: 365
Last edited:
My legs! lmao, doesn't really cooperate well with characters that can thrust towards the ground such as Whirl.

The only real major issues I noticed are the bone-breaking sounds repeatedly playing after the player is dead (PST_LIVE check recommended), and the player sometimes dying upon spawn (perhaps set oldmomz to 0 in a PlayerSpawn hook).

The only real major issues I noticed are the bone-breaking sounds repeatedly playing after the player is dead (PST_LIVE check recommended), and the player sometimes dying upon spawn (perhaps set oldmomz to 0 in a PlayerSpawn hook).
Thanks for that bug report. I am now updating the thread with the fix for these two bugs.

Speaking of,
Version 1.1 has released.
  • Fixed the player sometimes dying on spawn
  • Fixed the bone crack sound playing when dead

Last edited:
U M M.lua

Unfortunately, I ran into an error when trying to pair this script with Gibs. (Gibs v2 and FallDamage v1.1)

WARNING: ...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:187: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'ipairs'
...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:187: in function 'Skins_CheckIfInList'
...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:324: in function <...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:318>
[C]: in function 'P_DamageMobj'
...mb\Desktop\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\L_FallDamage-v1.1.lua:17: in function <...mb\Desktop\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\L_FallDamage-v1.1.lua:7>
WARNING: ...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:187: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'ipairs'
...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:187: in function 'Skins_CheckIfInList'
...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:391: in function <...\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\DOWNLOAD\VL_gibs-v2.wad|LUA_GEN:385>
[C]: in function 'P_DamageMobj'
...mb\Desktop\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\L_FallDamage-v1.1.lua:17: in function <...mb\Desktop\SRB2\Latest (2.2.8)\L_FallDamage-v1.1.lua:7>
TLDR: Something between Gibs and FallDamage bumped into each other and Gibs stopped working. FallDamage remained active however.

Maybe if it's possible to fix it for a potential v1.2 or something, that'd be great, but if not then I'll just settle with an Ultimate run, FallDamage, Collide and Spectra's Don't Get Hit mod... Maybe I'll use a behind-closed-doors character mod too

:>

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back