• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Extra Life Resprite

Hey folks. Thanks for getting Classic Extra Life to 20K downloads! Our team really appreciates it.

That being said, you might have noticed that Vanilla has recently disappeared. We don't know much aside from the fact that they've given up on SRB2 modding.

So as for this thread, I'm not sure what'll happen to it. I might eventually make my own thread dedicated to all of my mods - not just Extra Life - but until that happens, here's some screenshots and GIFs to prove that this mod isn't quite dead yet.

View attachment 84382

A new standing rotation was quickly cooked up, spreading the feet out and adding white ends to Extra Life's shoes, which were based on his design in the Extra Life in Mephiles' Hunt mod for Sonic 3 A.I.R. (I was going to drop a link to both Mephiles' Hunt and the Extra Life reskin, but I'm a little concerned about posting links to mods outside the MB. All I'll say is these mods are really easy to find.)

View attachment 84384 View attachment 84385

Edits for the death and drowning sprites are also present, with the drowning sprite not being based on much of anything. The death sprite is very similar to that of Sonic's aswell.

View attachment 84386

Lastly, while not directly related to the resprite, I thought I'd still give this an honorable mention - the Triple Dash is now a lot more visually appealing thanks to the combined efforts of Scarf the Wolf (aka MrFondusBroMan) and Clone Fighter. Thanks, guys!

Right now v2 is in what I consider to be a pre-beta state. Spriting progress has been at a complete halt recently due to Vanilla's mysterious disappearance, but the job's now being handled by jayflamestar and Clone Fighter.

Reminder that the base form sprites aren't the only thing that needs to be done - Extra Life v2 introduces a Super form, which means time spent on this update may double or even triple depending on what our team is doing and their motivation to keep going with this project.

Again, thank you all for 20K downloads on Classic Extra Life. Here's to hoping we can go even higher! I wanted to post this to break the deafening silence on the Message Board.

I do still emplore you to join the official SRB2 Discord server! It's the place where you'll find progress on my mods most often. I'm hiding away in a thread on the #modding-central channel~ Thanks for reading!
holy shit this looks awesomrererererere lol

Great to see you again, Vanilla! Glad you like what we've done so far. :wonderful:
awesome! glad to see you too again, been long huh? i'm loving the work so far... i heard that fern is handling the spriting along with clone, got that news with a little bit of lurking around the discord, missed me huh? :threat:

awesome! glad to see you too again, been long huh? i'm loving the work so far... i heard that fern is handling the spriting along with clone, got that news with a little bit of lurking around the discord, missed me huh? :threat:
Sure have. Been really worried about you since you suddenly vanished from Discord - you could've atleast provided an explanation :worry:

We should probably save this conversation for a place outside Works in Progress, though.

its been a few months hows progress?

At an all time low, that's how progress is. I'm focusing on real life stuff and getting a smaller project done before going back to Extra Life.

I'll make a Message Board thread about my mods later this week. Might aswell have staff lock this thread since Vanilla is no longer on the team and I won't be posting here anymore.

At an all time low, that's how progress is. I'm focusing on real life stuff and getting a smaller project done before going back to Extra Life.

I'll make a Message Board thread about my mods later this week. Might aswell have staff lock this thread since Vanilla is no longer on the team and I won't be posting here anymore.
ah, okay
goodluck!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back