Espio (2021)

Espio (2021) 2.1

This comes from someone playing on a Mac OS, so not sure how much this applies to others, but...
Playing with this update lags the game significantly for me, however if I had the previous version (that is, 1.1), the game runs pretty much as normal for me?
I really can't say much more, unfortunately. No warnings or errors are printed, so...

Does this update fix the bug with getting stuck on the Ceiling when a Teleporter Monitor gets hit? Because both Players, Espio and the one they got swapped with, will be stuck on the Ceiling of the map for the rest of the game.

to Explain it better, when espio is crawling on a ceiling and a teleporter monitor is hit, both characters, the Espio and the one they swapped with, have their gravity swapped for the rest of the game. It's Permanent unless they die, somehow.

addHook("MobjThinker", espio.LeafSwirlProtectionTics)

Espio has extremely poor performance, all because they add this single global MobjThinker hook. I would love to add them to my server but I can't justify invoking Lua calls an extra 1400+ times (on small maps!) just from adding Espio. (It's even more painful knowing that all of this performance is going down the drain because of Battle, a gametype I'm not even playing...)

From looking at the code, I think a better approach would be to store all of the affected objects in a table, iterate through this table in a ThinkFrame and call the function on them there, sync the table in NetVars, and remove them from the table once their timer is up.

I'm running into this error with Espio whenever I try to run on a ceiling. Any idea what it's about?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    838.1 KB · Views: 67
I want to report a bug!!

Sorry for not being able to show the video/gif

bug: when I was climbing the wall horizontally, a badnik came and attacked me while I was sticking to the ceiling. but the ring was still stuck to the ceiling as if the gravity of the falling ring was reversed.
I also want this bug to be resolved immediately!

I will send the gif when I know how

I want to report a bug!!

Sorry for not being able to show the video/gif

bug: when I was climbing the wall horizontally, a badnik came and attacked me while I was sticking to the ceiling. but the ring was still stuck to the ceiling as if the gravity of the falling ring was reversed.
I also want this bug to be resolved immediately!

I will send the gif when I know how
Yeah, the SRB2 message board doesn't consistently allow GIF posting. (And even when it does, the max file size is way too low.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back