Emerald Quest

[Open Assets] Emerald Quest 1.8

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

kriby

It's showtime!!
kriby submitted a new resource:

Emerald Quest - A level pack designed around getting all those Chaos Emeralds.

It looks like Dr. Robotnik is rebuilding the Death Egg... again. This time, he really wants those Chaos Emeralds, which can't mean anything good. Sonic (and everyone else) will have to find all those emeralds before it's too late, and stop his evil plans.

Well, now that I've told you the extremely basic story that I spent about twelve seconds making, it's time to tell you what this addon is. This is a level pack that allows you to play all of the zones in any order. (except for the...

Read more about this resource...

if you changed the map numbers of each map to not have the same map numbers as many vanilla maps, then people who host servers with this mod would also be able to play in vanilla levels with this mod via. console commands, even if without their level headers

impressive on how you did to pervent to going into the final zone with not all 7 emeralds and a nice call back

all of the emblems are obtained through Record Attack, the only 8 that are collectable are in the hub world

kriby updated Emerald Quest with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

- Removed Metal Sonic from the final boss fight to make it easier
- Gave Brak Eggman 25 hit points to make the fight longer than one minute
- Fixed an untagged death pit in Flaming Forest 1
- Added animals to the final area of Death Egg Zone 2
- A reward is now given for beating Flooded City 2
- Made the Zoom Tubes in Dusk Desert 1 look nicer
- Gave the Horizon Effect to the Shadow Fortress skybox

Read the rest of this update entry...

When i Beat Jade coast zone it crashed why?
Post automatically merged:

sorry wrong thread
i am looking for the mystic realm thread if it exists

Last edited:
something I noticed taking a look in the files: there's no MUSICDEFS file
iirc, you need this for people to be able to see what's what in sound test

Quick but dumb idea.
The original double final bossfight was kinda cool, so now that you took off the low gravity and Eggman's health, what if you add a nerfed Metal?

i think it's a neat idea, but unfortunately i don't want to risk having another big difficulty spike

One question, is the Brak Fight supposed to have Emblems for Record Attack, if so it doesn't seem to be working properly since it doesn't show up on the Record Attack Screen.

Attachments

• image_2022-12-30_192930761.png
    image_2022-12-30_192930761.png
    453.6 KB · Views: 97
Has anyone successfully been able to get the time emblem for Crawla Castle 2? The fact that it's a level consisting mostly of small hallways and button puzzles makes maintaining speed practically impossible, so 1:40 for the level is an utterly ridiculous time. I'm pretty sure you can't even get that while playing vanilla characters. If anyone has a replay or a video where they do that, feel free to prove me wrong, but it seems like such a ridiculous impossible time limit compared to everything else feeling pretty fair.

It is possible, just tight in execution.

My solution to it was just play as Sonic and Thok, real problem may be the badnik section with that one badnik that takes two hits, after that it's really just a race against the clock, had only under a second left to spare.

It is possible, just tight in execution.

My solution to it was just play as Sonic and Thok, real problem may be the badnik section with that one badnik that takes two hits, after that it's really just a race against the clock, had only under a second left to spare.
Fair enough, good to hear it's at least possible! Still probably needs to have time extended though, a time emblem shouldn't require you to have ungodly tight timing. That's my only real problem with this level pack so far, the time emblem requirements for some levels are absurdly tight for no reason (this one especially, though Flaming Forest 1 also comes to mind) and practically force some characters out of getting it entirely.

Fair enough, good to hear it's at least possible! Still probably needs to have time extended though, a time emblem shouldn't require you to have ungodly tight timing. That's my only real problem with this level pack so far, the time emblem requirements for some levels are absurdly tight for no reason (this one especially, though Flaming Forest 1 also comes to mind) and practically force some characters out of getting it entirely.
I feel that, that one required me to play back to my roots as a Tails Player, spindash and proper flight usage.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back