• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Eguchi sonic wip dev

Cosmic Emerald

A person who has interest in srb2 addons
Hey, Cosmic Emerald here, I've been working on a mod about a character addon, and I haven't been posting about the progress alot, so here we are.
Untitled65_20221116210247.png

So Eguchi Sonic is basically junio sonic, but uses more abilities and aspects from the cd cutscenes and the concept art for sonic cd, including the visuals too.

as of now, I have a crouch(spin at minimum speed), spindash(inputted from crouch and jump), a curl/uncurl (land and air using spin), a wall jump and celling cling, a dodge, and currently deciding for the main ability, as for now, I have a homing thok/ light thok.
srb20137.gif

srb20148.gif

srb20144.gif

Also, since I don't really have any idea besides the homing/ light thok for the main ability, I would like help for deciding it in the first place, and though it would be fine as is, it doesn't feel like it fit's the character.

Now this is a sick idea! Giving Sonic the freedom to move the same way he did in the CD intro is awesome! I think water running would be a good ability. The CSS art is good but it could use some work. The black lines look abit too smudged and messy compared to the base game's CSS. Good luck with this project!

Now this is a sick idea! Giving Sonic the freedom to move the same way he did in the CD intro is awesome! I think water running would be a good ability. The CSS art is good but it could use some work. The black lines look abit too smudged and messy compared to the base game's CSS. Good luck with this project!
Thanks! I do feel like the water running could work, I just wonder if it should be only in the dash mode or if it should be while sonic is at hi base run speed, and thanks for the css tips as well!

oh yeah, did I forget to mention the dash mode?
srb20153.gif

Thanks! I do feel like the water running could work, I just wonder if it should be only in the dash mode or if it should be while sonic is at hi base run speed, and thanks for the css tips as well!

oh yeah, did I forget to mention the dash mode?
View attachment 87641
Personally I think at low speeds sonic should be able to bounce on the water like he does the intro at high speeds you can water run

wat is the name of the map in the gif and the mod is looking really good
The model test map made for, y'know, model testing.

If this art is from you you should definitely sprite the character!
Because the crouch was from pointy sonic and the running on water animation, and also the was a glince of another sonic ,
Those.. are not you're sprites
And so please instead of using other stuff take your time, and do your mod but do not rush it

Attachments

• Untitled65_20221116210247.png
    Untitled65_20221116210247.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 72
If this art is from you you should definitely sprite the character!
Because the crouch was from pointy sonic and the running on water animation, and also the was a glince of another sonic ,
Those.. are not you're sprites
And so please instead of using other stuff take your time, and do your mod but do not rush it
I will definitely be making my own sprites, and I plan to make alot of what I have been reusing my own way so it can also be edited without destroying anything already written.

So basically, most stuff in the gifs will most likely be placeholders.

Can he wall climb?
Not a wall climb, but a wall cling/jump
Post automatically merged:

I feel like one of the best choices for the main ability is a bounce esque ability that uses the vertical momentum for height wise, but could be used for horizontal speed if holding spin.

I based it of this concept drawing that is for the intro/outro cutscenes.
SOJunio1.png

Last edited:
Could you consider it? I would love to see him do this by wall climb I meant wall run. I would to see parkour in srb2. I wanna see him do this
y4eBwl.gif

If I can figure out how, maybe, but I don't know how I could incorporate any momentum into though.

Wall climb and water skipping made, now I'll try to make the bounce thing I was talking about.

View attachment 87667
View attachment 87668
Imo Sonic running up the wall both looks cooler and makes more sense but it could be a placeholder

Wall climb and water skipping made, now I'll try to make the bounce thing I was talking about.

View attachment 87667
View attachment 87668
Whats the bounce thing?

Last edited:
Not a wall climb, but a wall cling/jump

I feel like one of the best choices for the main ability is a bounce esque ability that uses the vertical momentum for height wise, but could be used for horizontal speed if holding spin.

I based it of this concept drawing that is for the intro/outro cutscenes.
View attachment 87653
This

View attachment 87667
View attachment 87668
That momentum in the wall climb actually looks really cool!
I remember once thinking of a unique type of homing attack, where it's almost normal aside from when you home in on an enemy, it's like you latch onto it with an invisible grappling hook that rapidly pulls you towards it, so if you homing attack an enemy you're next to, you could actually get a speed boost after hitting it, like a slingshot effect, but I don't know how well coding that would go.
maybe the thok version (when there's no targetted enemy/object) could be like a slingshot, where sonic rapidly speeds up, well, like being launched from an invisible slingshot.

Now that I think about it, Sonic DID parry a bunch of blades in one of the ending scenes, but I feel like that would be niche... unless Sonic auto-blocks projectiles while not moving?
Also, I hope you get the running animation right (which isn't the jog OR peelout, but rather looks like a different jog with the shoes and gloves having trails, and sonic leaning forwards more, and that you get the back angle right, which is actually akin to the other versions of sonic. Yeah. The spines don't go up when sonic faces away from the camera, which you can see in the scene where sonic is running out of a small tunnel.)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back