• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dreamcast Sonic (DC-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
no like is their any footage at all? Besides that one with placeholder sprites
Like you were told, be patient and let the dev take their time with it. It's already been stated that this mod is on a hiatus and bumping the thread asking the same question isn't doing anyone any favors.

As for footage of the mod, there's plenty of it in this entire thread. If you're that desperate to see the character you can look through the other 12 pages.

Like you were told, be patient and let the dev take their time with it. It's already been stated that this mod is on a hiatus and bumping the thread asking the same question isn't doing anyone any favors.

As for footage of the mod, there's plenty of it in this entire thread. If you're that desperate to see the character you can look through the other 12 pages.
I wasn’t talking about new footage lol. I was skimming through the pages and I didn’t see any footage

Sprites are very time consuming, along with other custom abilities and addon supports.

Hey everybody! As some of you may know, I am one of the coders for Dreamcast Sonic, and I also contributed ideas, and sound design. That was pretty much everything...

...until now...

Blue Blur has passed me the torch, so to speak. In more simple terms, I am the one in control of the direction DC-Sonic is heading in for the future. But what does this mean? And why me in particular? Well, to answer this, we have to talk about parallel universes where it all began...

Originally, I had come up with the idea to make Terios (Prototype Shadow) into a character for SRB2, and he would have all the abilities that DC-Sonic has planned. I got about 25% of the code done, before Blue Blur stepped in and made an A1 stand sprite for Terios. But then, he was able to form a team consisting of Frostiikin, Golden Shine, and MotdSpork to help him make a Sonic that was... literally what I had planned for Terios, but with Sonic instead. I decided to scrap Terios, and repurpose the code made for him for use with what is now DC-Sonic.

TL;DR, The project originally started with me, and then it was passed on to Blur.

Basically the reason that I was chosen boils down to the project having been started by me, and Blur feels that I have done more for the project than he has, and he feels unmotivated to do anything more.

Now, I have some thinking to do on this situation. I'll let you know where this project is headed once I figure it all out

Hey everybody! As some of you may know, I am one of the coders for Dreamcast Sonic, and I also contributed ideas, and sound design. That was pretty much everything...

...until now...

Blue Blur has passed me the torch, so to speak. In more simple terms, I am the one in control of the direction DC-Sonic is heading in for the future. But what does this mean? And why me in particular? Well, to answer this, we have to talk about parallel universes where it all began...

Originally, I had come up with the idea to make Terios (Prototype Shadow) into a character for SRB2, and he would have all the abilities that DC-Sonic has planned. I got about 25% of the code done, before Blue Blur stepped in and made an A1 stand sprite for Terios. But then, he was able to form a team consisting of Frostiikin, Golden Shine, and MotdSpork to help him make a Sonic that was... literally what I had planned for Terios, but with Sonic instead. I decided to scrap Terios, and repurpose the code made for him for use with what is now DC-Sonic.

TL;DR, The project originally started with me, and then it was passed on to Blur.

Basically the reason that I was chosen boils down to the project having been started by me, and Blur feels that I have done more for the project than he has, and he feels unmotivated to do anything more.

Now, I have some thinking to do on this situation. I'll let you know where this project is headed once I figure it all out
It's a shame that Blur seems to have lost his motivation or maybe no longer has the time to invest into it. I also know how the spriting for these mods can go as well, since it's a very taxing thing, making large sprites in multiple directions. At some points that can seem very daunting, and a lot of people back out when the amount of work or lack of time gets to them. So many promising mods get canceled and it's always a shame.

Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

...until now...

It's a big shame to see Blur lose his motivation to continue working on the mod, especially for someone who's been following the mod during it's earlier stages in development. However, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, with a new project leader on our hands.

I've lost no faith in this mod continuing whatsoever, and I hope that this incredible project eventually sees the light of day.

I wish everyone on the team the best of luck.

He has another character to work on?
Yeah. He is helping out with a big update for Modern Sonic. We don't know much else though. He was also working on the Sonic from Sonic X, but it was put on hiatus.

Getting back on topic, I can't wait to see what's next for this lad. :knuxsmug:

Last edited:
Alright guys, here's what I'll do. I'll set up a vote as to whether or not you guys want Terios first, and DC-Sonic at a later date. This will allow you to play as this character faster, and won't require as much work in the spriting department, but will sacrifice things like Voice Acting, and some visual effects will might be toned down to match vanilla's style depending on how I feel about them. That last part isn't set in stone though, it really depends on how these effects work on older hardware. If you guys want DC-Sonic first, it will take longer as the design is more complex that a Classic varient of Terios, and as such the sprites will take longer. I'll let you guys know when I get it all set up!

Yeah. He is helping out with a big update for Modern Sonic. We don't know much else though. He was also working on the Sonic from Sonic X, but it was put on hiatus.

Getting back on topic, I can't wait to see what's next for this lad. :knuxsmug:
The 2nd is no longer on hiatus.

...until now...

Good luck, let this mod be completed so i can pair this mod and sa sonic with buddy ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back