Deton Demon (Green Demon Challenge)

Deton Demon (Green Demon Challenge) 1.0

j2b2

You are being chased by an unstoppable and invincible Deton! Can you out run it?

attachment.php

Deton Demon Challenge is a mod inspired by the Green Demon Challenge from Super Mario 64. In this mod a Deton chases you and if you are caught you die instantly.
There are several commands to adjust the speed to your liking. It also works in both singleplayer and netplay.

attachment.php

In order to get past the final minecart section of Arid Canyon Zone Act 2 at default settings you may need to do the minecart skip.

Commands

• dd_minspeed <0+>

• Default: 10
    • The minimum speed the deton will move when close to you.
  • dd_maxspeed <1+>
    • Default: 30
    • The maximum speed the deton will move when far away from you.
  • dd_catchupfactor <1+>
    • Default: 40
    • The speed of the deton is distance divided by catchupfactor. Essentially the higher the factor the further away the deton will be before hitting max speed. If you don’t want speed to scale with how far away it is from you then you can set minspeed and maxspeed to the same number and it will move at a consistent speed.
  • dd_delay <1+>
    • Default: 7
    • The seconds it will wait after you spawn before chasing you.
  • dd_damageothers <0 / 1>
    • Default: 0
    • Turns Deton damage to other players on or off.
Known issues

• Dirk & Whirl cause enemies who are not targeting the player to be unable to harm them which interferes with the setting for the Deton to hurt other players.

• The Deton gets erased when it touches a death floor including the ones hidden in some of the walls. It will still re-spawn when you do though.
Credits

Made by j2b2.
Thanks to Cyen for helping with playtesting and creating the GIFs.

Attachments

• L_DetonDemon_v1.0.lua
    5.1 KB · Views: 585
  • 2DSection.gif
    2DSection.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 292
  • ChaoticBossBattle.gif
    ChaoticBossBattle.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 7,041
  • CharacterMontage.gif
    CharacterMontage.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 241
  • MinecartSkip.gif
    MinecartSkip.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 6,269
  • MovingRopesLoop.gif
    MovingRopesLoop.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 246
  • MultiplayerMetalSonicRace.gif
    MultiplayerMetalSonicRace.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 304
  • ShadowLoop.gif
    ShadowLoop.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 316
  • SpecialStage.gif
    SpecialStage.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 303
  • DetonStartLine.png
    DetonStartLine.png
    936.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
you heard of Elf in a Shelf.
now get ready for....

ok, outside of that, finally i have a real reason to not stop in random points in SRB2

A friend of mine suspects that the deton dies whenever it touches a spike.
This is particularly an issue in cyberdime 1.5's sunset uplands zone 2, at a specific checkpoint that has 2 rows of spikes next to it.

EDIT: upon further inspection, the deton doesn't seem to die whenever it touches spikes
however, it still has issues at that particular starpost, and it also has issues in other parts of cyberdime, such as MTZ1, DGZ1, and DGZ2

Last edited:
It is probably the known issue of the deton being deleted when it hits a death floor. We discovered that death floors exist in some walls and we are unsure of how to fix the issue.

hey uh, i was wonderin, would i be able to use code from this as a basis for a script for somethin im working on?

it's got absolutely no tags when it comes to reusability so i wanted to ask

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back