DeltaChars

DeltaChars v1.1

Uhhh i think this is a bug

View attachment 91163
I just started wailing on Fang with Susie. He never went on the middle box to do his bomb attack and he never tried to explode the ceiling. He started to drop bombs when he jumps like in the second phase. and he got knocked out of the arena, but the walls never broke. I had devmode on but the only codes i used were to get the emeralds and more lives. I had some other addons on like XMomentum and some character color addons but not much else.

Great mod by the way, switching from kris or susie to ralsei gaining massive ground is really fun.
Not sure how much of a spoiler this is, BUT, there's a way to explain this.
Susie is actually able to deal Double Damage to bosses, and I'm pretty sure it was started somewhere, possibly in the mod's Overview page. So as long as you hit a boss/enemy with the Red Buster (be it the red shockwave or the axe itself), you could feasibly skip triggers that would usually happen in Fang's fight, meaning he never bombs the walls for his 2nd phase.
He also got knocked out of the arena because you finished him off with Susie, as that's supposed to be an intended interaction from the looks of it. Though I haven't checked if you can to knock him off with any hit, or Red Buster damage specifically.

Uhhh i think this is a bug

View attachment 91163
I just started wailing on Fang with Susie. He never went on the middle box to do his bomb attack and he never tried to explode the ceiling. He started to drop bombs when he jumps like in the second phase. and he got knocked out of the arena, but the walls never broke. I had devmode on but the only codes i used were to get the emeralds and more lives. I had some other addons on like XMomentum and some character color addons but not much else.

Great mod by the way, switching from kris or susie to ralsei gaining massive ground is really fun.
Actually, this is technically speaking a vanilla bug.

You see, Fang only bombs the roof and walls after a specific HP value. If you somehow manage to damage him past that value, he will skip that animation, therefor never bombing the train. This is never a vanilla issue because no one is able to deal more than 1 damage - Susie's Red Buster however, can deal double damage, effectively skipping the HP value that triggers the bombing.

By the by, thank you all for the support! We really appreciate it :wonderful:

Actually, this is technically speaking a vanilla bug.

You see, Fang only bombs the roof and walls after a specific HP value. If you somehow manage to damage him past that value, he will skip that animation, therefor never bombing the train. This is never a vanilla issue because no one is able to deal more than 1 damage - Susie's Red Buster however, can deal double damage, effectively skipping the HP value that triggers the bombing.

By the by, thank you all for the support! We really appreciate it :wonderful:
OH MY GOD DRSTEPHEN AHBHHUGUHF
anyways is there a way to make text for deltachars in different level packs? *sol sestancia, tortured planet etc?*

I just watched a playthrough of this mod. It's really quite charming! My only gripes with the experience I saw are that the ending sequence should have been extended with the Delta Warriors commenting on their victory, that the text popping up during Special Stages obscures the action and adds a layer of fake difficulty, and that the level/game timer still running during the in-game cutscenes when the characters are outright immobile is probably gonna be a huge pain in the neck for speedruns.

not sure if this is a chaos specific thing, but chaos doesn't like ralsei's pacify spell projectile
srb20274.png

this is after using it on a red crawla

Oh my god, them.
I love the sprites in the images, can't wait to try the mod out with vanilla SRB2 and other mods.
So when are they gonna add Gandalf the great, and Gandalf the white, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's black knight, and Benito Mussolini, and the Blue Meanie, and Cowboy Curtis, and Jambi the genie?
And maybe Robocop, The Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single power ranger for a dlc?
Maybe even Bill S. Preston, and Theodore Logan, and Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan, maybe?
You are my favorite person.

I just watched a playthrough of this mod. It's really quite charming! My only gripes with the experience I saw are that the ending sequence should have been extended with the Delta Warriors commenting on their victory, that the text popping up during Special Stages obscures the action and adds a layer of fake difficulty, and that the level/game timer still running during the in-game cutscenes when the characters are outright immobile is probably gonna be a huge pain in the neck for speedruns.

I mean you can disable the dialogue via a console command soooo

The game appears to crash after the dialogue on Egg Rock 1 :(
(I'm using a Pixel 7 Pro with Android 14)

Attachments

• lv_0_20230512163705.mp4
    6.6 MB
This is a little spoiler so I sugget not seeing it until you find it yourself.

So after words, I found this gltich that makes the characters sprite be there until you respawn and it will be gone. This glitch seems to effect with kris, susie, and ralsei to any character. I'll just show you this one gif, I used bind with keys and the skin it self to get this right.

srb20256.gif

That's really it, this happened when I was in Dark's Zero Halloween Server. The sprite however is white as they swap, but it's stuck whenever you start to this gltich anyway. It's also bright as well for it to be annoying, which sucks...

Last edited:
I love this so much. The dialogue, the animations, how useful each character is in their own way (along with their unique movesets), it's just so nice!
I'm sure there are quite a few more things I'm going to need to find within this character mod, but I honestly believe this is a revelation in character mods.

(The way the characters interact with the level/each other with the addition of dialogue makes Vanilla SRB2 very immersive and refreshed!)

I ran into a strange issue with the Deltachars.

Appearently, if you have a ghost that switches between any of the three in Record Attack, the ghost will not reflect the skin, instead showing the diamond exclaimation placeholder sprite instead. It also causes the idle pose sprites for Kris, Susie and Ralsei to not load properly, instead showing the same placeholder sprite.

This can be replicated easily by playing a stage with a ghost that switches characters.

This isn't a bug but I don't think you should be able to perform a character's action who you've inputted to switch out off. The way transitions are, you don't immediately change characters after swapping, and during that period funky things can happen. Oftentimes I would use Susie's axe swing, switch to Ralsei, and press spin immediately after, causing Susie to use axe crash mid-transition, getting rid of my special jump and killing me. I think the transition between characters should auto-cancel if the player makes an input.

Attachments

• 2023-05-15 22-54-56.mp4
    21 MB
Last edited:
Okay, I just wanna go over something real quick.
The text boxes...they seem a bit...big.
That can get distracting, especially during special stages, at times. They... DO take up a lot of space, I think about 1/3 of the screen?
Also...sometimes Ralsei can get stuck midair when using his Ember ability, I've seen it in my servers. The players have to die in order to get out.
That's all I can remember. Other than that, still a solid mod.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back