Cue's Masterserver 1.5 beta, now with more features and bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue said:
Servers that don't unregister from the master server properly don't timeout on the MS, because I'm a lazy little bugger who really needs to get to work.

That's because my dedicated server is still there even closed after 12 hours.

Click a server to bring up the report window.
(...)
Address: X.X.X.10 Name: Ezer.Arch's Dedicated Server Version: 1.09.4

I don't know if this will fix it..

Hi Ezer.Arch.

I've been running my dedicated servers too, and sometimes after closing them, the server remains registered on the Master Server. Here is what you can do to to take out. Perhaps try running your dedicated server again, and quit the game by typing in the command, QUIT. That solved my problem. Though, I'm not sure if it will fix yours...

Oh yea, I did it just before reading your post... and worked.

But something annoys me: if I use QUIT command my dconfig.cfg is reset back. Let me explain:

I edited dconfig.cfg and put some interesting stuffs from my customized autoexec.cfg (like MOTD, customized commands, scripts, aliases etc). When I'm running my dedicated, I use these customized commands to get my server to work easer. But if I use QUIT... my dconfig.cfg is reset back. That's why I close command window without using QUIT.

Use adedserv.cfg instead, it's the autoexec.cfg of dedicated servers.

I may feel a bit n00bish asking this question, but I tried looking at my game settings before asking the question below.

I don't know if anyone's encountering this problem but when I try to go online on srb2, none of the servers show up. Before anyone rants about the bugs, Yes I know there is a bug about some of the servers not showing up on the new MS but I checked on listserv, and then checked again on the server list, there's not even one there. I also try to join by IP & listserv but they don't work either. I also checked my firewalls which didn't make a difference either. Is this a MS bug, or is it something to do with some of my game settings? if so, can someone let me know? thanks.

Probably means you're caught in a ban, gimme a bit and I'll put a little checker on the MS list page.

Cue said:
Probably means you're caught in a ban, gimme a bit and I'll put a little checker on the MS list page.

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's not a ban since I haven't been playing for nearly 2 - 3 weeks. But thanks for the reply.

I have an idea.

Host.

If your server appears on the master server, then you're not under an IP ban. Chances are, there really just aren't any servers on at the moment. The SRB2 MS Launcher might help you confirm that too, I think.

Thanks for helping guys. I found out I wasn't banned. Somehow I found 1 server out of a possible load which was working. Too bad I couldn't get on it, and it was a n00b server, and also too bad I forgot the name too >_> it must be a bug in the new MS then.

Sorry to be a pain again, but I could be caught in a ban. I did what Blue Warrior said to host to see if I am on the MS list, but it doesn't show me the address nor the server name. Also each time I try to view the server list in the game, it completely freezes my computer. My IP address I think is 69.197.136.58 as the console said when I tried a test server just now.

I didn't know you were the srb2.org server, Hyper... >_>

srb2.org == 69.197.136.58

Mr Murder said:
I don't see any servers up right now either. The launcher says there are no servers and I can't get the list ingame.

Unusually, the MS is reporting 0 servers. O.o
I shall look into this...

Edit: Fixed, a quick restart of the MS fixed this, shame it wasn't all that quick since I had to wait for the connections to timeout. >_>

Cue said:
I didn't know you were the srb2.org server, Hyper... >_>

srb2.org == 69.197.136.58

Ah, so that's the IP shown on the console. Damn it, my mistake. I'll try to find my right IP this time. >_>

For some reason, the link doesn't work here. I guess it must be the ISP or something. Either way, I am helping out a family friend by trying to fix up this PC that I am on atm. I am still considered "Away".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back