Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
http://ms.srb2.org/
features
  • now the masterserver store it data into a mySQL database
    layman terms: the server doesn't lose the list of netgames on restart
  • database store the rules text, MOTD, and also ban list
    layman terms: I can change, add and remove this data at will, while the server is running
  • report server via status page
    layman terms: click server, put in info, wait two to three weeks :P
  • report via IRC bot
    layman terms: use !help in chatroom

Bugs
  • heartbeat use is broken
    layman terms: netgame don't drop off the list automatically.
  • http/rss/text requests are disabled
    semi-layman terms:old status page request backend is broken

Note to self: Give thanks to Cue for this.

Nice! I can't wait til' the bugs are worked out. And n00bs will be destroyed easier! This is a nice system. It works. Will we need to change the main MS though? And by that I mean the default MS.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Will we need to change the main MS though? And by that I mean the default MS.

No need to change your masterserver setup in SRB2 for now, all the hostnames I've used for the masterserver are now pointing at srb2.org server.

And so begins the cataclysm.

2 to 3 weeks? Do remember that myself and all the ops in #srb2fun can ban from report as well. ^_~

To-do list:

• A better 'is server up?' check that not only checks to see if the server is up, but also checks to see if it is joinable. If not, it sets the status to down.
  • Some neat little web-based stats and images (similar to game-monitor.com, see below for example) that get and show an array of details:
    [list:17cd2a2276]
  • Server name
  • Server IP
  • Server port
  • Server version
  • Current map
  • Up time
  • Player count
I could get more but that's all the current version of SRB2 displays, you'd have to make a new packet that sends things such as a player list and implement it...
[*]Ban exceptions that are linked to a certain ban, in case anyone gets caught in a ban range they're innocent. The exception would be linked to the ban so that the user in question can still be banned if they actually deserve it. It's easier than having to go about doing all that jazz with removing the exception and such... =P
[*]Banning by version.[/list:u:17cd2a2276]

Oh, yeah, and that game-monitor example:

blue2.png

I'm debating whether or not to do the monitor thing, considering those sort of things are designed for 24/7 servers, which we don't exactly have many of...

Meh, we'll see. =P

[18:15:27] <Rob> Like I said, though I don't know if it got through, is that supposedly Ops have the ability to ban servers.
[18:15:54] <Rob> However, in the current lookup system, Cue neglected to add a line for the report logs.

Dark Warrior said:
[18:15:27] <Rob> Like I said, though I don't know if it got through, is that supposedly Ops have the ability to ban servers.
[18:15:54] <Rob> However, in the current lookup system, Cue neglected to add a line for the report logs.

Whoops, thanks Dark I'll get right on that.

On the MS server page, when you report, do you only click once? because I clicked a few times, and I wasn't sure how many times to click it, so sorry if multiple things come up on there. I clicked it a few times.

Edit: I didn't notice the page goes onto the report page, so nevermind about this post.

Cue said:

2 to 3 weeks? Do remember that myself and all the ops in #srb2fun can ban from report as well. ^_~

So you're able to ban reported servers faster then 2 to 3 weeks? Because uh, that would be pretty fricken shweet/Griffin.

Sciky said:
Cue said:

So you're able to ban reported servers faster then 2 to 3 weeks? Because uh, that would be pretty fricken shweet/Griffin.

I just banned, like, 5 that had been reported overnight. :|

Is the master server down? When I try listserving, it says that no servers are hosting, but the master server homepage says otherwise. Also I can't host a server. Did someone who hates me ban me?

I can sum up this thread in 7 words.
n00bs have fear, Cue's MS is here!

Great job, Cue! *bows*

sonic260 said:
Is the master server down? When I try listserving, it says that no servers are hosting, but the master server homepage says otherwise. Also I can't host a server. Did someone who hates me ban me?

Yes, Because the MS ops take out their searing hatred towards mankind by banning people they don't like from playing netgames, regardless of whether any rule infractions existed or not.

PROTIP: If you've been banned, you've broke the rules.

I hardly host, how can I break the rules? I used SA City for match mode and only one person joined. I shut down the server after 15 minutes because no one else was joining. I'm thinking I was hacked.

I think you're caught in this ban, though I'm not 100% sure how the whole IP-range thing works:
Code:
Server Name: joshua'server
Server IP: 74.226.125.38
Banned IP Range: 74.225.0.1 to 76.0.0.1
Date of ban: Jul 29 2008 3:56:21 
1st Tier Expiry: Aug 5 2008 3:56:21 
2nd Tier Expiry (can list servers during 2nd tier): Aug 12 2008 3:56:21 
Reason: Hangout, ring trail making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back