Creative Worlds Level Pack.

Creative Worlds Level Pack. 0.50.7

Can i give you one zone concept? I'll tell you throughout conversation.
Post automatically merged:

I have a couple more zone concepts in mind at the moment, but more likely than not there may end up being quite a healthy number of levels. Stay tuned.
Also another thing i wanted to mention. Can you make some of the songs have less volume? Cause most of them are really loud that you can't even hear the sounds during the gameplay.
The music can be VERY ear piercing specially in the third zone where the music becomes extremely loud.

Last edited:
There's a semi-consistent crash in the new zone preview when you get into the forced current section on Mac. It's a sigsev warning.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 12.43.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 12.43.45 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
Ace Dragon updated Creative Worlds Level Pack. with a new update entry:

WWZ2 and more

1. NEW: Wondrous Windsock Act 2 complete
  2. Concept for the fourth custom NiGHTS level based on Wondrous Windsock
  3. Modifications to BCZ acts 1 and 2 and BAZ to increase sloping.
  4. SOC fixes and a notable FoF fix in BAZ
  5. Minor additional detailing for BAZ and BCZ2 (outside of slopes)
  6. Beagles added in a part of the temple in SGZ1 (with dog food bowls)
  7. Better texture alignments in GSZ and other zones (in part using 2.2.13's new UDMF feature)

Read the rest of this update entry...

I came across this in Greenhouse Scamper while playing and accidentally slipped through what I think's meant to be a wall.

Thought you might wanna know this, because there might be more hidden holes like this elsewhere that I or others may not have found. I enjoy these levels regardless tho!

Update textures with new noise technique

Figured out a new technique for enriching color-sensitive textures by adding CIE noise via The GIMP (which works with the SRB2 Palette).

The result is richer, more realistic color and less grey for the rocks in Wondrous Windsock as well as introducing a subtle off-white coloring as originally desired for the marble in Lawn World.

This has not been applied to all textures, but only to those where better color performance is critical to the look.

wait you finished the wwz boss? ok imma look at it ^v^ BE BACK WITH THE MOVIE CLIP IN A Bit

edit 1 i just realized that i have to use multiplayer oh no im stuck in a corner as tails is this wind cave the knux route?
Post automatically merged:

ok two things: one i got the clip but it cant be posted due to an error two : you already have the empty slots slots for zone 5 ?

srb20047.png

Last edited:
edit 1 i just realized that i have to use multiplayer oh no im stuck in a corner as tails is this wind cave the knux route?
The Wind Cave in WWZ2 is on the Knux route yes (which I thought I got the heights dialed in so tails can't actually get on the route in the first place).

Also yes, Zone 5 is just starting development. I removed the information for now, and it turns out I forgot to enable the appearance of WWZ2, WWZ3, and TDZ in the level select.

Last edited:
well i was playing with legacy dipperdeliver

i found a tech i dub the spam drop where you can hold the spin key for drop dash and spam the c1 stomp
to build up insane walldash height
the character is on a mediafire link in the video

That explains the issue since I test with the original 6 characters only. I do not guarantee full functionality with the hundreds of different characters made by the community, especially the overpowered ones (the addon guidelines only expect compatibility with who comes with the game unless it is clearly said otherwise).

Previews of new zones

NEW: Quantic Funhouse preview (up to where the second starpost will be located).
NEW: Concept for Electric Workbench Zone (the main mechanic is not in this, just the runup to it).

This starts to bring in buttons and a lot of linedef executors based on events (such as the player in a certain location).
View attachment 104923

Have a happy and thankful Thanksgiving week for those of us in the US. For the rest, just have fun.

the first boss crashes... it just crashes i cant get in it just crashes and i tried it with no mods and it still crashes

I found a small soft lock in Lawn World 2. Characters like Flare get stuck in this booster near the start of the stage.

Attachments

• srb20731.png
    srb20731.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
hey uhh wheres my save file *just loaded v0.50 demo 5*

ok new save file structure have to play the entire mod again to catch back up yeah thats nice........

|O|^|O| bruh

wait a sec i can just use the E button mod to skip thru to the point i was at and i also have an lua to give me the emeralds what was i worrying
wait why isnt the E working noooo

ok i got there in less than an hour anyway i should trust my skills more

Last edited:

Polish, detail, fixes, smaller changes

1. Upgraded beginnings of LWZ 1 and 2
  2. Polish, detail, and many oversights and errors fixed in BCZ 1 and 2 and a few in BAZ
  3. Major optimization in the slowest area of SGZ2
  4. Alternative design for what were supposed to be sloped crumbling platforms in SGZ2 and DDZ
  5. Updated concept for EWZ with the bouncy floor (shown previously in .gif images)
  6. More audible sound for the blue crawlas
  7. Updated skybox texture for BCZ1
---
Note: Due to the size the pack is getting...

Optimization and Feedback response

1. Optimize the flower FoF's in Skyward Garden
  2. Optimize the major bridge set pieces in Wondrous Windsock Zone (using the widely used midtexture instead of visible FoF side trick, one side effect is that it sharply reduces glitches as well).
  3. Extend the catch area on the Wondrous Windsock boss (when being thrown back to the start)
  4. Correct the mob scale of a couple of rock spikes in WWZ1
  5. Slow down the generation rate of all wind particle objects to bring lost performance...

EDIT: I forgot to mention a couple of recent changes.

1. The hang-gliders no longer use weight as a factor for the rate of descent, heavier OC's can use them properly now.
2. Placeholder maps for the 5th and 6th NiGHTS levels. This was requested, though I do not have a 7th theme to make use of yet. The main point is to verify that I will be able to make them work without crashing the game (as this can happen in UDMF editing for NiGHTS in some cases I can't nail down).

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back