Creative Worlds Level Pack.

Creative Worlds Level Pack. 0.50.7

Ace Dragon updated Creative Worlds Level Pack. with a new update entry:

Version 0.42.

Changes and fixes
  1. First pass of a completed NiGHTS companion to Skyward Garden, adding the third unique bonus level to the pack.
  2. Reworked part of Broadside Ascent to allow the removal of a notable invisible wall.
  3. Proper offsets for many Skyward Garden flame objects, so the corona now forms in the correct spot.
  4. Many FoF's in SGZ2 and DDZ now have high quality alignment.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I played some of this mod and it was quite of an interesting map pack. But i feel that you should make the levels less confusing because sometimes i got lost here and there. Also you should make a better soundtrack for the game, cause most of the soundtrack is pretty chill and calmed.
And also add the boss music for the boss fights.

I played some of this mod and it was quite of an interesting map pack. But i feel that you should make the levels less confusing because sometimes i got lost here and there. Also you should make a better soundtrack for the game, cause most of the soundtrack is pretty chill and calmed.
And also add the boss music for the boss fights.
I don't know, I'd say that the current selection of music works in its favor. I don't think a more pumped-up soundtrack would match the atmosphere as well.

Why do you say that? I mean this soundtrack itself isn't bad, but it honestly feels out of place for this kind of levels. I honestly think the composer of this OST should had tried making the songs have that same energy as the soundtrack of the original SRB2, and of course the Sonic Franchise itself.
What makes you think that this soundtrack matches with the atmosphere on the levels?

edit: omigoshPUPPIES?!
I have an obsession with Beagles, so why would I not place a few of them in a zone of that theme? The house in Greenhouse Scamper already has a dog picture and a dog bowl, so to not have any actual dogs would make them seem out of place.

I honestly think the composer of this OST should had tried making the songs have that same energy as the soundtrack of the original SRB2, and of course the Sonic Franchise itself.
Later zones will have more energetic music as the difficulty slowly increases. High energy soundtracks, in my opinion, did not seem right for the relatively easy and relaxing way the pack starts out for starters.

I have an obsession with Beagles, so why would I not place a few of them in a zone of that theme? The house in Greenhouse Scamper already has a dog picture and a dog bowl, so to not have any actual dogs would make them seem out of place.

Later zones will have more energetic music as the difficulty slowly increases. High energy soundtracks, in my opinion, did not seem right for the relatively easy and relaxing way the pack starts out for starters.
So. What about the boss theme? You'll add it too right? Also is the soundtrack original?

I should probably mention that there are a few pictures I took of a few subtle missing sidedef(or whatever they're called) things:
srb20129.png

srb20131.png

srb20132.png

srb20133.png
..that's odd. ^
srb20136.png

Also...
srb20135.png

The bush ascended..! ^
That's all. I didn't get very far, I know.

When will the Wondrous Windsock act 2 & boss level be added to the game? Also why before we go to the real act three where we fight the boss of the zone we first have to beat a level that isn't named act 3 or something?
Cause i've always found it weird that those levels don't serve as some kind of unlockable level after beating the zones.

When will the Wondrous Windsock act 2 & boss level be added to the game?
There is no set timeline, a good quality level will just take a while to get done (as once the layout is done, you then need to go through with testing and polish). The 4-map structure will also persist and there will eventually be a NiGHTS companion stage.

The third map, part of it is that I have not expended all of my ideas for the various themes, and another part is to serve as a shorter transitional zone between Act2 and the boss. In general, those zones will tend to be shorter and more focused than the larger acts.

I was confused by Greenhouse Scamper Zone for a while. Is it possible that you put the player start in the wrong place? There's a whole area behind the starting position that's clearly intended to be traversed in the opposite direction toward the starting point (and from there, to the end of the level.)
Post automatically merged:

I have just one question for the creators of this map pack. What NASA computers do I need to buy so that the game does not lag when playing these maps? Seriously, even lowering all the graphics settings to the minimum values, the maps still lagged. Maybe there is some kind of patch for this, or is the most modern computer really needed here?
I'm using a computer from 2013 (albeit a high-end one for the time) and it runs fine in OpenGL. Software's a bit laggy though.

Ace Dragon updated Creative Worlds Level Pack. with a new update entry:

WWZ2 preview and small fixes

• NEW: Wondrous Windsock Act 2 preview
  • Mix small flaws in Greenhouse Scamper Zone
  • Improved and higher resolution beagles for Lawn World (using UDMF sprite scaling)
  • Head off the potential for SRB2 2.2.12 error spam and broken objects in Broadside Cliffs due to a copying error in the Lua object definitions. Downloading this update is required to avoid spam and broken objects in 2.2.12 pre1.
Barring any major errors, this is likely going to be the last update that is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back