• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Cosmo the Seedrian (Work in Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
only time will tell, i can already hear the poyo's from Amy Birnbaum in my head for just realising that Cosmo's English Dub actress is the same one of Right Back At Ya's Kirby (English dub, duh)

...Wait I had a thought

Would Cosmo's slow fall work differently underwater

As a matter of fact, why don't I ago ahead and introduce myself! I've offered my services as a lua scripter to assist Shammah in creating Cosmo's abilities.

As a slightly belated Christmas gift, how about I showcase a few of her abilities? (Note that many graphical elements are still placeholder or unfinished)

srb20102.gif

First up is her Bloom Twirl, which she can activate by pressing Spin during her Slow Fall. It acts as a sort of thok-like air dash, however, it can be charged to allow for up to a whole second of extra hang time!

srb20097.gif

Cosmo also possesses the ability to crouch with the Spin Button. Pressing Spin while crouching allows her to use her Agility Roll, which allows her to perform a quick rolling attack on the ground that can damage enemies! She can chain rolls together, but successive rolls after the first are slower and don't deal damage.

srb20105.gif

And last but not least is her Leaf Whirl! By charging a crouch for about a second, she can perform a whirling jump that forms a leafy tornado around her! Not only does this jump send her exceptionally high, the tornado itself can damage enemies!

Whew, that's quite a bit, huh? Well, hopefully this was enough to tide you all over for now!

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, why don't I ago ahead and introduce myself! I've offered my services as a lua scripter to assist Shammah in creating Cosmo's abilities.

As a slightly belated Christmas gift, how about I showcase a few of her abilities? (Note that many graphical elements are still placeholder or unfinished)

View attachment 58711

First up is her Bloom Twirl, which she can activate by pressing Spin during her Slow Fall. It acts as a sort of thok-like air dash, however, it can be charged to allow for up to a whole second of extra hang time!

View attachment 58709

Cosmo also possesses the ability to crouch with the Spin Button. Pressing Spin while crouching allows her to use her Agility Roll, which allows her to perform a quick rolling attack on the ground that can damage enemies! She can chain rolls together, but successive rolls after the first are slower and don't deal damage.

View attachment 58712

And last but not least is her Leaf Whirl! By charging a crouch for about a second, she can perform a whirling jump that forms a leafy tornado around her! Not only does this jump send her exceptionally high, the tornado itself can damage enemies!

Whew, that's quite a bit, huh? Well, hopefully this was enough to tide you all over for now!
This is looking really good! Is there a reason Agility Roll is a double tap rather than a single tap of Spin, though? Is crouching useful for something else?

View attachment 58711

View attachment 58709

View attachment 58712

Cosmo looking pretty pog already

View attachment 58711

View attachment 58709

View attachment 58712

She... looks... so... COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

probably going to redo her sprites, i currently do not like how they look. they're really old, and i know i can do waaayyyy better now lol

i promise it wont take 1000 years to redo her sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back