Resource icon

Controlls Challenge Lua Script 1.2.0

Has anyone found SRB2 too easy with normal movement controls? Well, now with the Controlls Lua Script, the basic movement controls have been reversed, spinning has been disabled, and it costs 25 rings to use the character's ability. You can toggle the Controlls Lua script with the toggleControlls command if you are the server host or an admin.

Last edited:
This doesn't feel quite like reversed controls. It feels more like your controls are locked to a camera angle invisible to the player, instead of your back, left and right inputs being inverted. There are scenarios were holding forward brings me back, then I turn the camera and it brings me left, or maybe even forwards again. It's more like drunk controls in general rather than just being reversed.

This script is really simple but causes utter chaos, but more has happened to the controls than just being reversed. Update the description to be more accurate to that and it's good for a release.

This doesn't feel quite like reversed controls. It feels more like your controls are locked to a camera angle invisible to the player, instead of your back, left and right inputs being inverted. There are scenarios were holding forward brings me back, then I turn the camera and it brings me left, or maybe even forwards again. It's more like drunk controls in general rather than just being reversed.

This script is really simple but causes utter chaos, but more has happened to the controls than just being reversed. Update the description to be more accurate to that and it's good for a release.
I did invert player.cmd.angleturn, and player.cmd.aiming as well, which is going to be changed in the next update. I'm going to need a replacement for inverted player.cmd.angleturn and player.cmd.aiming, since drunk controls were not intentional, even though it makes SRB2 more fun.

Last edited:
Well, either way this file sure turns playing SRB2 into an experience. The fish in Greenflower 2 that blocks the diagonal spring near the end of the level actually killed me for one thing while trying to play with this.

It's funny enough I'm happy to release this at least.

Controlls v1.1 has finally been released, and when I'm not too lazy to do so I'm going to make a changelog. To see the changes, read the thread's main post.

chaoloveicemdboy updated Controlls Challenge Lua Script with a new update entry:

Controlls v1.2.0

This update changes the toggleControlls command to let each player decide if they want the Controlls mod enabled or disabled, instead of making the server decide whether the Controlls mod should be enabled or disabled for the whole server, by changing up the entire Lua script basically to use a variable stored in the player userdata instead of a local variable, which will allow for more options to be added in the future as well.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back