Contest Discussion

I'm trying, but the the wait seems to be getting longer with each OLDC since we started doing the hub map thing.

Not to mention that the rules topic still says the entries will be compiled and released within 1 week, not one month.
It is not just about building the hub (in fact a hub can be done quickly if it is just an iteration of a previous one), but also about integrating everyone's custom objects, lua scripts, textures/skies, and emblems (which have been on the increase) in a way that does not break anything. This requires a lot of testing unless the team fancies doing a bunch of hotfixes after release.

Well that's understandable, though with that being the case, the first post in the rules topic should probably be updated to a bigger time frame than 1 week to reflect the time needed for this.

If Nobody is To Post For The 2022 OLDC Then My Proof Of Concept Is To Be Expanded Upon By Actually Good Level Designers.

Edit: Can A Moderator Delete ANY References To This Comment? I Would Appreciate It Greatly.

Last edited:
...WHAT does that mean?
Basically I Submitted A Proof Of Concept Level Into The OLDC (Official Level Design Contest), And If It Wins The Proof Of Concept Will Be Made A Full Level. (Side Note: The Level Was Actually Mine Maze In A Snowy Format, I Made It An Ice Level To Even Out 2.3's 3 Lava Levels)
Post automatically merged:

The Download For The Proof Of Concept Is In The Submission

Basically I Submitted A Proof Of Concept Level Into The OLDC (Official Level Design Contest), And If It Wins The Proof Of Concept Will Be Made A Full Level. (Side Note: The Level Was Actually Mine Maze In A Snowy Format, I Made It An Ice Level To Even Out 2.3's 3 Lava Levels)
Post automatically merged:

The Download For The Proof Of Concept Is In The Submission
ok....?

If Nobody is To Post For The 2022 OLDC Then My Proof Of Concept Is To Be Expanded Upon By Actually Good Level Designers.
Looking Back At This Comment, It Was Dumb, Before, I Didnt Realize That I Could Only Veiw My Contest Submissions, So That Was My Own Fault

...If you count 5 months ago as recently, haha.

Next contest deadline is December 1st
Damn. I thought about joining the next one, but a month seems a little short for me given my lazyness.
Do troll stages with exceptionally janky FoFs get accepted for contests or don't they hold up to the desired quality?
Because I feel like doing some "Bowser's Dank Rave"-esque map sooner or later.

Damn. I thought about joining the next one, but a month seems a little short for me given my lazyness.
Do troll stages with exceptionally janky FoFs get accepted for contests or don't they hold up to the desired quality?
Because I feel like doing some "Bowser's Dank Rave"-esque map sooner or later.
As long as its playable and fun to a degree, meme maps are fine.
If it's horribly unfun then you'll place poorly usually.

As long as its playable and fun to a degree, meme maps are fine.
If it's horribly unfun then you'll place poorly usually.
Hey, placing poorly is my second name at this point ;J
I wouldn't mind if I intentionally release dumb shit ^^

I won't enter the SP division for the next contest, because I didn't think through the stage I wanted to make. I might do a Match or a CTF map though

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back