Resource icon

[Open Assets] Character Specific Jingles v3.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SlainLBS

Legend with Blue Stripes
SlainLBS submitted a new resource:

Character Specific Jingles - Who doesnt love the classics??

This addon will change a character jingle music for the specific time era jingle that was (almost) introduced in time line.

How does this work??? Here's an example: If you play as Sonic, grabbing a Invincibility will trigger the Sonic 1 Invincibility jingle, or if you play as Tails you will trigger the Sonic 2 Invincibility jingle, and the rest of the characters you have to figure it out yourself.

What jingles you will hear?? For now you will hear the Act Clear, Invincibility, Speed Shoes...

Read more about this resource...

This addon is awesome and I'm definitely gonna use it while I'm playing from now on, it's such a neat little feature I didn't even know I wanted.

Even added a few extra characters that I use and unique jingles for vanilla characters that weren't in here, totally open to sharing what I got if you're willing.

This addon is awesome and I'm definitely gonna use it while I'm playing from now on, it's such a neat little feature I didn't even know I wanted.

Even added a few extra characters that I use and unique jingles for vanilla characters that weren't in here, totally open to sharing what I got if you're willing.
I was working on Adventure characters such as Adventure Sonic, Modern Amy, Big, Rouge and Gamma. Probably gonna update pretty soon in October. I was in Hiatus but coming back

I was working on Adventure characters such as Adventure Sonic, Modern Amy, Big, Rouge and Gamma. Probably gonna update pretty soon in October. I was in Hiatus but coming back
Adventure Sonic isn't really a great idea since he already has his own already embedded within the mod, I'd recommend not trying to go for his. Except for maybe the 1-up jingle, since that's the only one he doesn't have.

Adventure Sonic isn't really a great idea since he already has his own already embedded within the mod, I'd recommend not trying to go for his. Except for maybe the 1-up jingle, since that's the only one he doesn't have.
Unfortunality i made progress with Adventure Sonic, the mod itself doesnt have Jingles a side from Super Form but that comes from a remixed version of Live and Learn, in my addon Jingles from Adventure 2 has been added and replaced the Super Form Jingle with the Original Live and Learn.

Modern Amy, Gamma and Big will use Jingles from Adventure 1 while Adventure Sonic, Rouge and Eggman will use Jingles from Adventure 2. Shadow on the other hand as a spoiler... Will use jingles from his own spin off game

Last edited:
This makes me a little bit sad because I ended up doing this exact same thing using the same code however I was unable to finish it since the laptop I was making it on broke lol.
Glad you were able to finish characters who aren't Tails though lmao.
Link to mine (There's no download because all I could finish was Tails :devastation:): https://mb.srb2.org/threads/srb2-character-specific-jingles.32032/
Do not worry, you can use my work to compensate but some of them like Tails have improvised tracks from Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 (Including Prototype)

SlainLBS updated Character Specific Jingles with a new update entry:

Adventure Update Fix

Seems i completly forgot about Tikal and Chaos 0 since those belong to Adventure 1 (They are playable in Adventure 2 but i thought Adventure 1 Jingles is what fits well on them)

Side note: I am very aware about Adventure Sonic having his own jingles implemented by its own creator, but some of them arent the original SA2 and some of them are missing. You can still...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SlainLBS updated Character Specific Jingles with a new update entry:

Chaotix, Mania and Edge Update

Welcome to the Next Level in SRB2 World!! Featuring Espio The Chameleon and the rest of the Chaotix!!

That's right!! All members of Chaotix now have their own jingles for a true Chaotix Experience with their unique tracks and left some Easter Eggs if you can spot them :wink:, so get your combi rings and dive into Chaotix right now!!

Wait wait!! Thats not all!! Our greatest Ultimate Life Form...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I KNEW IT! SHADOW DID GET MUSIC FROM HIS GAME!

Like I said, I'm not even mad. Shadow the Hedgehog had some kickass music.
I fore"shadow"ed the surprise too early and it was way too obvious.
Just dont cry when you get a Game Over as Shadow c:

I fore"shadow"ed the surprise too early and it was way too obvious.
Just dont cry when you get a Game Over as Shadow c:
I apologize for spoiling the Shadow the Hedgehog themes. I just knew it would happen.

By the way, I do have a couple more suggestions for characters to add support to. Namely, Silver, Blaze, Marine, and Modern Sonic.
For Silver, he could have themes from '06, Blaze from Rush, Marine from Rush Adventure, and Modern Sonic from either Unleashed, Colors, or Gens.
(I'm hoping you do Colors for Modern Sonic, though. Which version of Colors? Either the Wii version or DS version. Depends on preference. No Ultimate, though.)

I apologize for spoiling the Shadow the Hedgehog themes. I just knew it would happen.

By the way, I do have a couple more suggestions for characters to add support to. Namely, Silver, Blaze, Marine, and Modern Sonic.
For Silver, he could have themes from '06, Blaze from Rush, Marine from Rush Adventure, and Modern Sonic from either Unleashed, Colors, or Gens.
(I'm hoping you do Colors for Modern Sonic, though. Which version of Colors? Either the Wii version or DS version. Depends on preference. No Ultimate, though.)
I am having plans for characters like those. For Modern Sonic it will have a variable collection of jingles depending what hud are you using, but that im afraid it will take someone to help me to code the behavior for that

I am having plans for characters like those. For Modern Sonic it will have a variable collection of jingles depending what hud are you using, but that im afraid it will take someone to help me to code the behavior for that
Huh. Cool. You still gonna take my suggestions for Silver and the RushChars into account? Also, with six unique HUD styles, that means Modern Sonic will have music from Rush, 06, Unleashed, Colors, Gens, and Forces...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back