Can a SRB2 Kart Android port be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder that the vanilla android port was essentially made by a single person (unless I'm wrong), and that said person isn't working on Kart. As far as I'm aware, there are no plans on making an official android version, especially when IMO, the system requirements to get the game to run on a computer are so low.

Although, you're fully welcome to try to get your own android port working.

Well... yeah.
an Kart port would be really cool, but... it can't exist, due to the controls would be even WORSE than the SRB2 ones, i haven't played SRB2 on mobile, but people says it's horrible, so imagine that in a game where you need to go fast and avoid the enemies/pits.

I wouldnt say it would be worse on kart, it has less buttons to use compared to vanilla SRB2. The best option is connect a Bluetooth/wired controller and play that way.

An Android port will probably be made once the 2.2 merge happens, but don't take my word for it, I'm not a dev.

I'm probably not allowed to poke fun at recolors here and it's most likely for the better.

I mean, I would want an android port, no matter what, I wouldn't care if there's no other racers on it because no multiplayer, I don't care if the controls would be bad on it. I've spent countless hours playing Mario Kart 7 on time trials because I can't just play what couse I want immediately, instead of picking the cup it's in, and playing through it until the course, because that was only possible in time trials.

Just found an android version of srb2kart in a random video on youtube, the files are both seperate. One is the characters (the description for them keep on saying random things and then adds the word "die" for some reason) and the second file being the levels. (You Can Find Them In The Srb2 message board, its been posted there.) But the not so surprising this is that you just put the files is the vannila srb2 android addons folder and enable them for them to work, or if you have EXTREME luck on finding a video with a computer android emulator, you might have to goof around with the settings a bit and paste the srb2kart download there. Phew... That was a long one...

If you want to find the video just type "SRB2Kart Android" and it should be the first video to pop up, then just click it and read the description for the links.

1619630782554.png

One of these is an emulator running the PC version. The other is clearly someone running something that looks like Kart levels and graphics running in vanilla v2.2.8. Neither of these are an actual Android build of SRB2Kart.

Last edited:
Ik, the one that i was saying was the second video in that screenshot, but you probably didnt read my reply clearly. Here, pay attention to this:
But the not so surprising thing is that you just put the files in the vannila srb2 android addons folder and enable them for them to work
I already noted that this was an in-game mod. And about the first video in your screenshot is the continuing part:
or if you have EXTREME luck on finding a video with a computer android emulator, you need to install the computer emulator and you also might have to goof around with the settings a bit and paste the srb2kart download there. (Not too sure about it cause i went with option 1)
Noted that one too.
Post automatically merged:

Ohhh! I get the part that confused all of you now! :
Just found an android version of srb2kart in a random video on youtube
Sorry, forgot to note that it was a port of SRB2KART on SRB2 mobile... My bad.

Last edited:

So, since the Sonic Robo Blast 2 Android port is now OFFICIAL, and on the website, I feel like the next logical move would be to make a Kart port too. If possible, anyways. I'd LOVE to play SRB2 Kart, just to see what all the hype is about.
srb2kart on android
Post automatically merged:

So, since the Sonic Robo Blast 2 Android port is now OFFICIAL, and on the website, I feel like the next logical move would be to make a Kart port too. If possible, anyways. I'd LOVE to play SRB2 Kart, just to see what all the hype is about.
srb2kart on android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back