Anybody know much about Time Travel & Time Machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2-Playah, there is absolutely no chance of going into a coma from astral projecting. If there were, you'd probably have an equal chance of going into a coma from simply going to bed at night, as the only difference here is that your mind stays awake the whole time.

It's true that some people panic a little bit and can't figure out how to get back into their body; Just remember, it's as simple as willing yourself awake by moving a finger or flying back into your body. However, if you don't do either of these, there's still nothing to worry about; Eventually, you'll run out of energy and fall unconsious, at which point you will later wake up as if you had simply fallen asleep, with very little memory of the event.

There are some websites and people who would claim otherwise, or claim that you could become possessed by a demon or something, but I can say with certainty that these rumours are false, and based on the old belief that your soul actually leaves your body while astral projecting. Nothing to fear here but fear itself.

KingofFlames: I would, if it weren't so limited... :( Even Wizard Needs Food Badly's engine had plenty of limitations on it which I'm not too fond of last I checked... I'd be making Quake 3 Arena maps now, but I found it extremely frustrating trying to add new textures and things to Q3A maps, as most of the time the nodes builder needs to know all the special propertys of the new textures, and for some reason it won't recognise anything I add properly, which sucks... It seems I would have to make an engine myself to be completely satisfied with the way it works, but I don't quite have that level of skill yet; This is why Kid Radd doesn't even have slopes, despite how much simpler it would be to make slopes in 2D (I assume)...

KingofFlames said:
*lightbulb over his head smilie*, JTE! you should try modding/wadding GZDoom :D.
Been there. Tried that. Meh. I liked working on ZDoom more, as it has been vastly updated since GZDoom branched off it...

Of course, what's the point of GZDoom, anyway? FOFs? I can make those in ZDoom too, though it takes quite a bit more thought and effort (and removal of a drawing routine optimization in a special case)...

I gained FOF walls by MAIN texture, of course... I gained solidity by an invisible solid floating object... I gained a floor and ceiling by rendering a second floor like BOOM renders water, except inverting it so the floor is above the ceiling...

Unfortunately, ZDoom's rendering optimizations cut out the floor and ceiling when viewing my FOF from outside of it (not above or under it)... As such, some programming would be required anyway, so why not make real FOFs by having ZDoom automaticly combine all of those things? This is what I had planned for ZDoom SRB2.

So no. I'll stick with Kid Radd for now, and afterwards I'll learn OpenGL and make my own fancey 3D game... Once again learning from some of AJ's mistakes and some of what the Quake games did right... I will be a good programmer...

On a serious note about time travel, you wouldnt be able to see your future self. By going to the future you effectivly remove yourself from the time stream. You wouldn't be there to become your future self, so he wouldnt exist in the future.
I hope everyone understood that.

My love of Timesplitters obligates me to refuse to accept your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back