• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Amanda The Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeshiro said:
That's not the point here. The point is that she should try. No one expects a grade A wad on the first attempt. And if no one likes it, that only shows her what she needs to do better next time. The best way to succeed is not always to avoid mistakes. Sometimes you have have to force yourself into them in order to find out exactly what it is you did wrong, and exactly what you need to change in your methods.

This is also an experience to show her how much work it takes into making a wad for future reference. because it seems like she sort of just jumped into it. Either way, the best way to become a master of your craft is to gain experience in it, and learn things by trial and error.

And so, you have my full support in making this, and any assistance you may need. I'm not going to do it for you, but feel free to ask for help. And shame on the people who discouraged you. Everyone has to start somewhere. If you start from the top, the only way to go is down. If you start from the bottom, you've got nothing to lose.

That's....really deep..nicely worded and I completely agree! Let's see..who was being a big meanie to you..? Lemme at em'! Lemme at em'! *shot* Anyways, good luck on the wad. I noticed she still looks a bit like Sonic but that's fine. Maybe if you made her eyes a little more feminine that'd help? Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work. ^_^

Even though I give no support to this recolor, I'm not going to say "THIS WAD FIALS QUIT WERKIN AWN EET." True, I dissaprove of recolors, but I, in NO way, will every discourage you.

I WILL however, help you in some parts and if you PM me, I'll be glad to assist you in some ways. Mostly Coloring.

Who knows, we may end up with a Non-recolor wad of Zeshiro's quality. I've redone my WAD twice now. The first time, it was a pillow shaded Monstrosity. Then I saw Zeshiro's Kai.wad. I looked at it, and I made it into an unshaded creature of surprisingly better quality. The Second time I redid it was not so long ago. The original isn't even halfway, and I'm shading the unshaded and re-spriting it where respriting is do.

In short, I know where you've been, and you have my total support.

*Gets on Zeshiro's train* Choo-choo

go finish it. Dark warrior do you even know what an addon is, you don't have to download it........DUH.

It being a start does not justify making a lame, unoriginal recolor. You can disagree all you like, but we have enough recolors as-is. The last thing we need is Sonic with modified shoes and some hair slapped on.

It an addon for crying out loud. You make sound like you have to download it.

Well Jman, the low quality of the recently released levels has lead me to not read ANY of the topics in the levels release forum. So I'd imagine that a massive amount of low quality characters would lead me to not read that forum as well.

What can we gather from this?

if (high_quality_character_number => low_quality_character_number) {
Download new characters;
}

else if (high_quality_character_number =< low_quality_character_number) {
Do not download new characters;
}

Draykon said:
It being a start does not justify making a lame, unoriginal recolor. You can disagree all you like, but we have enough recolors as-is. The last thing we need is Sonic with modified shoes and some hair slapped on.
Hey, Draykon, guess what. You don't have to download it! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Seriously, If a newby had said that:
Mystic said:
You are a baned user. No flaming. One week temp ban.
or something like that would have been said.

And SAKnux looks even more horrid than a super majority of all recolors I've seen. Just an opinion. Feel free to say it's the greatest wad ever and this is the worst. But now, perhaps we should stop half-flaming each other be fore they be come real flames. (Note I said we.)

EDIT: Just thought of something else. Draykon is complaining that there haven't been any good character wads made lately, yet he/she doesn't even seem to use any character wads on net games for any thing other than socs.

I can't help you, but I want to encourage you to continue it. Don't give up! Even when things look awful, never give up. At least you know you did your best.

Shu said:
EDIT: Just thought of something else. Draykon is complaining that there haven't been any good character wads made lately, yet he/she doesn't even seem to use any character wads on net games for any thing other than socs.

That's because there aren't any good ones x.x

Ok...Where to begin, where to begin...
First, yes, it's an addon. Anyone with half a brain knows that you don't have to download it. My gripe is with the fact that it is a bad addon. And by bad, I don't mean "badly made", else I would have recommended ways to fix the errors there. By bad, I mean unoriginal, annoying, recolor that we've seen too many of.

Second, it is quite obvious that a lot of these posts are "either praise it, or shut up" posts. Seriously, criticism is criticism whether for good or ill. There's a difference between a flame (You are a moron, you suck, and everything about you sucks), and criticism (This is not a well done addon for X, Y, and Z reasons).

Third, Shu, don't post to make another's statement invalid. Such an argument is ridiculous. If you feel the need to refute someone's opinion, do it in a way such as: (Well, I think X may not work, but Y is OK, as long as Z is altered some). It's much better than (Well, you're stupid because you didn't do this/that/the other thing). The argument for recolors is:
This is not good because it's unoriginal, boring, and overdone.
A good refute would be:
Well, maybe it's unoriginal, but it could be less boring if you *insert more here*, and less overdone if *insert more here*.
And if someone disagrees, follow the same process, etc etc.

I think that addresses the problems here...

JMS said:
I can't help you, but I want to encourage you to continue it. Don't give up! Even when things look awful, never give up. At least you know you did your best.

...No, she didn't. Her best would be if she practiced more and actually accepted our criticism. But nobody ever really does their best, because then this would be a perfect world, only to be disrupted by a giant comet. ****.

Alright, better shading and stuff, happy?

And all I got out of your post was "recolor". How does that help? I quit.

Shu said:
And all I got out of your post was "recolor". How does that help? I quit.

It helps by saying "You should quit now before you give yourself a really bad reputation." When someone uses "recolor" in criticism, it speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back