Ah, now THIS is what SRB2 needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget it SSNtails, DimensionWarped has you beat! This little contest is OVER!

Unless of course, you've got something better than slopes up your sleeve

firemario1001 said:
Forget it SSNtails, DimensionWarped has you beat! This little contest is OVER!

Unless of course, you've got something better than slopes up your sleeve
What about, you know, gameplay? Sure, DW is flashy, but it's nowhere near done even in the engine department. SRB2 isn't flashy, but it's got gameplay, and that's the key.

Yeah, it's DW vs. Wizard Needs Food Badly, of course.

...which I still want to see more of. Can we expect to see it this upcoming SAGE, the one after, or neither?

duh.. of course I was talking about The Wizard Needs Food Badly.

But I thought you wanted to race... isn't that what you said last year at the sfghq?

LAL (Laugh a little)
I just noticed how off-topic this is getting...

Not that we should get back on topic. :P
Aaaaanyway...

What is The Wizard Needs Food Badly? :|

firemario1001 said:
Hey you forgot to italitize it. Yes it's that special.
Actually, it's got nothing to do with special-ness. It's just proper grammar to italicize all book, movie, TV show, music CD, and video/computer game titles, much like you put quotes around chapters, episodes, or song names.

And Wizard was AJ's next title, actually. He's already shown screens of it: full 3D, thanks to OpenGL. And it has slopes, too.

http://www.ssntails.org/sage/

There will be a two-level 'preview' this SAGE... The game actually got into the Student Art Exhibit at the University here and got the Presidential award... pretty crazy. However the exhibit version features not Sonic and Eggman, but two other characters, "Yukkle" and "Pudgewick the Wizard". :mrgreen: I'll probably have both versions downloadable for the heck of it (the changes consist of two character models and skins, mostly...)

pudgewick.jpg

Wow...that is...that is just blowing my mind...wow...I mean, I always thought Wizards didn't need to eat...you know...the whole magic thing...I odn't know where I'm going with this...but it is flashy and very poetic...?

The Wizzard Needs Food Badly?
What about Fenworth? What about Librettowit? What about Kale, and Dar, and Leeto, and...

Seriously, SSN... Would my PC be able to run that?

Probably. I developed some of it on a 233mhz laptop... You don't need a 3d video card, either - I found that SGI has a really fast OpenGL software driver.

Hehe, it's buttloads faster than SFSB.... Tons of optimizing.

SFSB needed something like a 1.4ghz to run properly. Wizard needs about a 600. If you lower the detail, you can run it on even lower systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back