Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

I found some bugs

In the end, it's all about time. When I made SA Sonic I had lots of free time and was in a much, much better place in life. Since then, my Dad has died, and I had to get a job that pays little and is super exhausting on me so even when I have free time it's harder to find the motivation to work on stuff. I would really love to make it, and I may but it's just... I can't promise anything anymore and if I do so it will take a long time so it wont' be happening any time soon unfortunately.

Just to make things clear, I have another thing I'm working on and it's been over two years and I'm still not done with it, whereas with Adventure Sonic I was done in under a year.
I'm sorry for what happened to your farther, may he rest well 🙏

I dont know if i am going to be heard but there is an graphic bug that is when adventure sonic does its 5th homing animation the jump ball aura just goes to his feet and not on his whole body like instead of it being on the whole body indicating that he still can damage enemies the aura bugs and goes to his feet its just visual but its strange to see

Originally I straight up traced the Trial shoes. Nowadays the shoes are based on a custom model I made to try and adhere as closely to Uekawa's art of the time, which I further make adjustments to when I feel it doesn't look exactly 100% correct. You can tell how the toes are much rounder than the older, Trial shoe sprites.
I'm really sorry for your loss MetalWario, may your Dad rest in peace 🙏

In the end, it's all about time. When I made SA Sonic I had lots of free time and was in a much, much better place in life. Since then, my Dad has died, and I had to get a job that pays little and is super exhausting on me so even when I have free time it's harder to find the motivation to work on stuff. I would really love to make it, and I may but it's just... I can't promise anything anymore and if I do so it will take a long time so it wont' be happening any time soon unfortunately.

Just to make things clear, I have another thing I'm working on and it's been over two years and I'm still not done with it, whereas with Adventure Sonic I was done in under a year.
Damn that sucks. I know how that feels my grandfather passed away a few years back and we had bad blood, I wish I got to say some things to him before he passed. Stay strong brother, We'll all be here for ya!!

Hey, MetalWario64, can I post updates for you HD Model for people who don't have twitter?

Also, just some GIFS I took of Adventure Sonic.

View attachment srb20054.gif

Whoopsie Daisy 🗣️ 🗣️

View attachment srb20005.gif

I'm proud of myself. I did with section with 0 rings!

View attachment srb20055.gif

Beautiful shot I took, I think I could be a photographer...

View attachment srb20006.gif

The Light Speed Dash is so fun, especially when there's a big trail of rings.

Adventure Sonic SRB2 Light Speed Attack.gif

Here's another example, not recorded by me.

Also guys, remember when I asked high quality versions of the GRND sprites? Well, I got it! ( Did I say this before here?? )

Adventure Sonic SRB2 GRND Sprites.gif

Advenure Knuckles SRB2.gif

Also, GoldenShine I might be missing the joke, but is this a real thing? ( I'm so dumb to differentiate between a joke and an actual statement haha. )

Is this intro intentional? It looks too good!

View attachment srb20004.gif

And, I feel I'm breaking a rule, but think it would be better to make The Humming Top make you bounce when you hit enemies like Modern Sonic V6 and Advance Sonic. It feels so satisfying in my opinion.

View attachment srb20020.gif View attachment srb20012.gif
Post automatically merged:

Why in the actual 2nd adventure doesn't the GIFS show up?

Hmm, well thanks for the answer! Hope this doesn't bother you, but this has been in my head ever since I've played SRB2 with Adventure Sonic again, is there any chance there is going to be an Adventure Knuckles?

View attachment 119214View attachment 119218

I got another one! This one was for fun made by MetalWario64.

Adventure Knuckles SRB2 Running.gif

Last edited:
Hey, MetalWario64, can I post updates for you HD Model for people who don't have twitter?

View attachment 126718

Whoopsie Daisy 🗣️ 🗣️

View attachment 126719

View attachment 126723

View attachment 126725

View attachment 126726

Also guys, remember when I asked high quality versions of the GRND sprites? Well, I got it! ( Did I say this before here?? )

View attachment 126727

View attachment 126730

Also, GoldenShine I might be missing the joke, but is this a real thing? ( I'm so dumb to differentiate between a joke and an actual statement haha. )

View attachment 126737

And, I feel I'm breaking a rule, but think it would be better to make The Humming Top make you bounce when you hit enemies like Modern Sonic V6 and Advance Sonic. It feels so satisfying in my opinion.

View attachment 126732 View attachment 126733

View attachment 126739
Bro.. stop giving me hope for knuckles he is my favorite alongside sonic himself, whisper, metal sonic, shadow and some more guys of the crew i wanna go treasure hunting as him (there is almost none good knuckles mods that actually change the sprites its most recolors or not even launched yet i am not complaining its just boring)

Brp

Bro.. stop giving me hope for knuckles he is my favorite alongside sonic himself, whisper, metal sonic, shadow and some more guys of the crew i wanna go treasure hunting as him (there is almost none good knuckles mods that actually change the sprites its most recolors or not even launched yet i am not complaining its just boring)
I know we have gamma and chars take a long time to do but... Imagine having the whole adventure 1 and 2 crew it would be sooooo good its an dream but its never going to be realised just like ring racers on android it Will never be truth😭

I think we should have an update to fix bugs, especially graphical bugs, even the one I mentioned earlier in the thread and also make the humming top bounce on enemies and maybe Improve the boost bar to be the same or similar to the original sonic rush Maybe take some sprites and make them in the srb2 style. By the way, we have almost got nothing from Sonic Heroes on adventure Sonic. Sorry for dreaming too big because a few updates ago the number of new mechanics and modifications kind of decreased the level of polish but not the level of quality sorry for asking too much MetalWario64 (i probably broke an rule because of the requests)

I know we have gamma and chars take a long time to do but... Imagine having the whole adventure 1 and 2 crew it would be sooooo good its an dream but its never going to be realised just like ring racers on android it Will never be truth😭

I think we should have an update to fix bugs, especially graphical bugs, even the one I mentioned earlier in the thread and also make the humming top bounce on enemies and maybe Improve the boost bar to be the same or similar to the original sonic rush Maybe take some sprites and make them in the srb2 style. By the way, we have almost got nothing from Sonic Heroes on adventure Sonic. Sorry for dreaming too big because a few updates ago the number of new mechanics and modifications kind of decreased the level of polish but not the level of quality sorry for asking too much MetalWario64 (i probably broke an rule because of the requests)
Also i would even give an idea for battle mod suport like giving sonic his sonic wind move from sonic heroes or Sa2

Last edited:

View attachment 126718

Whoopsie Daisy 🗣️ 🗣️

View attachment 126719

View attachment 126723

View attachment 126725

View attachment 126726

View attachment 126727

View attachment 126730

View attachment 126737

View attachment 126739
We're being blueballed right now, We cannot be getting The echidna boy.

View attachment 126718

Whoopsie Daisy 🗣️ 🗣️

View attachment 126719

View attachment 126723

View attachment 126725

View attachment 126726

View attachment 126727

View attachment 126730

View attachment 126737

View attachment 126739
Is that the srb2 workshop advance sonic or the normal advance sonic mod

Is that the srb2 workshop advance sonic or the normal advance sonic mod
SRB2 Workshop Advance Sonic.
even the one I mentioned earlier in the thread and also make the humming top bounce on enemies
Bro I said that not you :worry:
we have almost got nothing from Sonic Heroes on adventure Sonic.
Sonic Heroes isn't part of SA Sonic. We would need a separate mod for that.
Bro.. stop giving me hope for knuckles he is my favorite alongside sonic himself,
Same bro!
maybe Improve the boost bar to be the same or similar to the original sonic rush Maybe take some sprites and make them in the srb2 style.
Isn't the bar already like Sonic Rush? ( I've never played Rush so I don't know for sure. ) And isn't the sprites already in the SRB2 style?

THIS IS NOT MY WORK. CREDIT TO BlueBlur and MetalWario64!
sasonicthing-1.gif

If any of you people want to be hyped, since the cat's out the bag now, the Adventure Sonic SOAPs are real! Its currently a HEAVY WIP and barely finished, and actually needs touch ups. It's going to be a long while before any of this is complete, so in the meantime wait patiently for the next major update.
If anyone has this image can you please post it here? I need it!!

Last edited:
SRB2 Workshop Advance Sonic.

Bro I said that not you :worry:

Sonic Heroes isn't part of SA Sonic. We would need a separate mod for that.

Same bro!

Isn't the bar already like Sonic Rush? ( I've never played Rush so I don't know for sure. ) And isn't the sprites already in the SRB2 style?

If anyone has this image can you please post it here? I need it!!
Actually it isnt when the bar fills up it has an cool animation and its just doenst just look... Odd search for some gameplay of sonic rush or see the new rush hud from msv6 its basically the same thing the hud to be like Sonic rush should be like that (also what do you mean by thats not me? Sorry i am Brazilian i didnt get the joke)

Actually it isnt when the bar fills up it has an cool animation and its just doenst just look... Odd search for some gameplay of sonic rush or see the new rush hud from msv6 its basically the same thing the hud to be like Sonic rush should be like that (also what do you mean by thats not me? Sorry i am Brazilian i didnt get the joke)
Well ok its fine the part of the heroes sonic... (Sonic heroes is one of my favorites neo metal Sonic is freaking cool)

Well ok its fine the part of the heroes sonic... (Sonic heroes is one of my favorites neo metal Sonic is freaking cool)
I didn't make any joke.

this mod keeps telling me to change to 2.2.13 but I already am on 2.2.13
Uhhh, are you using a modded SRB2 exe? If so, which?

here’s my SA-Sonic 2.0 wishlist
- Rail grinding in a significant capacity
not too sure how this would work but I hope they can pull it off
-The Soap Shoes
Metalwario has teased them in the past so it’d be pretty cool to use em
-Sprite Rework
I’m aware it’s alot of work to make srb2 sprites but i’ve never really been a huge fan of his current sprites. They’re definitely well made, that for sure but not really for me. The main reason I’m even mentioning this is because if memory serves me right metalwario has shown some potential tweaks for them in a future update
What's wrong anyway with the current sprites other than Wario having shown some potential new&better ones??

Why does the gif not appear anymore
Since recently, images hosted on Discord stop being active when shown anywhere else. I guess Wario forgot that. It's a real pain in the ass and our thread lost all its images for a while until I manually put the images elsewhere because of that change...

I found some bugs
View attachment 124829
View attachment 124831

I'm sorry for what happened to your farther, may he rest well 🙏
Not entirely sure what happened. But he's not spawning an aura in the second video? How'd you get that state?

I dont know if i am going to be heard but there is an graphic bug that is when adventure sonic does its 5th homing animation the jump ball aura just goes to his feet and not on his whole body like instead of it being on the whole body indicating that he still can damage enemies the aura bugs and goes to his feet its just visual but its strange to see
DW, I've noted it down.
image.png

advenure-knuckles-srb2-gif.126730

Whatever do you mean? Nothing could POSSIBLY be more real than Knuckles the Echidna on a stationary adventure.
image.png

I forget if the Humming Top makes you bounce off foes in Advance 2. It just felt natural to me to cut through them like butter, and make it a bit more balanced since you can launch it from spring-heights.

-I think we should have an update to fix bugs, especially graphical bugs, even the one I mentioned earlier in the thread

-and maybe Improve the boost bar to be the same or similar to the original sonic rush

-Maybe take some sprites and make them in the srb2 style.

-By the way, we have almost got nothing from Sonic Heroes on adventure Sonic.
An update will come! There's just been no reason for a rush. The reported bugs have been tiny, so I've focused on other stuff.

Rush Mode's boost bar was simplified a bit to save on filesize and keep SA-Sonic's code more lightweight.

Making "SRB2 style sprites" means making SA-Sonic more chibi to match SSN's artstyle and reduce his framecount, when the point is to feel like Sonic Adventure. An issue I have with SRB2; no Sonic game has ever looked nor played like it. We'd rather improve on that problem than be held back by the current SRB2 version's shortcomings, all for uniformity's sake.

Sonic Heroes originated Modern Sonic's design, so I'm hesitant to include much of it.
image.png

Advance/Rush's designs meanwhile were strongly Uekawa-based(+Wario is biased to them), so they got higher priority for bonuses.

Last edited:
Making "SRB2 style sprites" means making SA-Sonic more chibi to match SSN's artstyle and reduce his framecount, when the point is to feel like Sonic Adventure. An issue I have with SRB2; no Sonic game has ever looked nor played like it. We'd rather improve on that problem than be held back by the current SRB2 version's shortcomings, all for uniformity's sake.
I wouldn’t it’s an objective flaw

What's wrong anyway with the current sprites other than Wario having shown some potential new&better ones??

Since recently, images hosted on Discord stop being active when shown anywhere else. I guess Wario forgot that. It's a real pain in the ass and our thread lost all its images for a while until I manually put the images elsewhere because of that change...

Not entirely sure what happened. But he's not spawning an aura in the second video? How'd you get that state?

DW, I've noted it down.
image.png

advenure-knuckles-srb2-gif.126730

Whatever do you mean? Nothing could POSSIBLY be more real than Knuckles the Echidna on a stationary adventure.
image.png

I forget if the Humming Top makes you bounce off foes in Advance 2. It just felt natural to me to cut through them like butter, and make it a bit more balanced since you can launch it from spring-heights.

An update will come! There's just been no reason for a rush. The reported bugs have been tiny, so I've focused on other stuff.

Rush Mode's boost bar was simplified a bit to save on filesize and keep SA-Sonic's code more lightweight.

Sonic Heroes originated Modern Sonic's design, so I'm hesitant to include much of it.
image.png

Advance/Rush's designs meanwhile were strongly Uekawa-based(+Wario is biased to them), so they got higher priority for bonuses.
Yeah, I make my sprites fit in with SRB2 visually, but I'll never sacrifice the quality and aesthetics by making them stubby, chibi and with fewer frames and also gameplay wise by making them feel "vanilla."

I don't know how people can still do that stuff and not get tired of SRB2.

Ngl i dont even know how I did it,it just randomly show's up out of nowhere while I was trying to spindash

So does that mean no one has it? Well, that sucks. Only thing we have left of Adventure Sonic with the SOAPs on are these. The last one is A2 ( Angle 2. ) of the idle. And the middle one was made way back when Adventure Sonic was W.I.P. 1st one was just a test sprite.

Adventure Sonic SOAPs SRB2 1.png
Adventure Sonic SOAPs SRB2 2.png
Adventure Sonic SOAPS SRB2 3.png

Also do you guys remember the old sprites? Man I love these so much..

Adventure Sonic SRB2 Beta Idle.gif
Adventure Sonic SRB2 Beta Walking Animation Angle 1.gif

Adventure Sonic SRB2 Beta Walking Animation Angle 3.gif
Adventure Sonic SRB2 Beta Walking Animation Angle 5.gif

Also, Adventure Amy, Blaze, Tails and Shadow! ( It's not an actual addon lmao )

Adventure Amy SRB2.png
Adventure Blaze SRB2.png
Adventure Tails SRB2.png
Adventure Shadow SRB2.png

---Edit-1-9/4/2024-10:10 PM---

Did a quick edit since I learned a trick to remove the "auto-merge" thing, just click "edit" remove the auto-merge line, then bam! You don't have the auto-merge anymore!

Last edited:
So does that mean no one has it? Well, that sucks. Only thing we have left of Adventure Sonic with the SOAPs on are these. The last one is A2 ( Angle 2. ) of the idle. And the middle one was made way back when Adventure Sonic was W.I.P. 1st one was just a test sprite.

View attachment 127278 View attachment 127279 View attachment 127280

View attachment 127281 View attachment 127282

View attachment 127283View attachment 127284

View attachment 127285 View attachment 127286 View attachment 127287

View attachment 127288
I love these sprites so much.

View attachment 127278 View attachment 127279 View attachment 127280

View attachment 127281 View attachment 127282

View attachment 127283View attachment 127284

View attachment 127285 View attachment 127286 View attachment 127287

View attachment 127288
These sprites are gorgeous :dramahog:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back