Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

I don't think there is one.
In the code of the mod you can "unlock sonic rush mode" by loading "rushchars" along with adventure sonic but its not doing anything.

Its supposed to give SAsonic the boost.

I can't figure it out.

In the code of the mod you can "unlock sonic rush mode" by loading "rushchars" along with adventure sonic but its not doing anything.

I can't figure it out.
did you collect all the Sol emeralds as the Rush characters?

THIS IS NOT MY WORK. CREDIT TO BlueBlur and MetalWario64!
sasonicthing-1.gif

If any of you people want to be hyped, since the cat's out the bag now, the Adventure Sonic SOAPs are real! Its currently a HEAVY WIP and barely finished, and actually needs touch ups. It's going to be a long while before any of this is complete, so in the meantime wait patiently for the next major update.

sasonicthing-1.gif

If any of you people want to be hyped, since the cat's out the bag now, the Adventure Sonic SOAPs are real! Its currently a HEAVY WIP and barely finished, and actually needs touch ups. It's going to be a long while before any of this is complete, so in the meantime wait patiently for the next major update.
My Christmas break just started and I’m already hyped

remember to grab a few emerald tokens after you get the Sol emeralds. they need some way to drive.
I've gotten all sol emeralds and chaos emeralds. but now I'm not sure what to do. I used a mod to swap to adventure sonic in my custom blaze save. but I'm not sure what to do next. I've tried every posable button combo that i could think of.

you dont have to have a blaze file if you collect the sol emeralds once you never have to collect them again. grab a few emerald tokens after you have all the emeralds and try holding custom 2. you can do this with Blaze, Marine or Adventure Sonic.

I've gotten all sol emeralds and chaos emeralds. but now I'm not sure what to do. I used a mod to swap to adventure sonic in my custom blaze save. but I'm not sure what to do next. I've tried every posable button combo that i could think of.
I may accidentally put my foot in my mouth here, but I'm looking at this thread and I just wanna clear this (unintentional) wild goose chase I'm seeing.

So! Collecting the Sol Emeralds is a universal thing-- the progress is stored in another file, so they're saved forever unless you change or remove said file. No need to deal with this "Use a Blaze/Marine Savefile and use a mod to change characters in it" mumbo jumbo.

Next, collecting every chaos emerald while Rush Chars is added will change every emerald token into another, completely different object that helps summon the Jetski. You can collect multiple of these new tokens and the game will keep track of the amount in a similar way to the Sol Emeralds, no matter the savefile. (So if you got... Let's say, 10 of these tokens, then when you go into a new savefle and collect all Chaos Emeralds and then collect another of the new tokens... You'll add up to the universal total. You won't start over again).

Now, so as long as you have at least one of the Jetski tokens, you have to hold down Custom 2.
If you did everything correctly (Collecting all emeralds -> collecting the new special tokens -> hold C2), you should be able to summon the Jetski. Adventure Sonic does not not ride the Jetski like Blaze or Marine-- In fact, he rides a surfboard instead.

As far as I'm aware, that's what Adventure Sonic's compatibility with Rush Chars is. I may've gaslight myself by accident but I swear someone mentioned a "boost" of some kind when it came to it, but... This isn't exactly a "Boost", like you'd think of with Modern Sonic.

i guess i was pretty vague i just didnt wanna spoil the fun of what actually happens. sorry
I getcha, no need to apologize. I'm just looking at this from the sidelines, seeing the stuff Stardragon28 says they end up doing trying to find a detail that may or may not disappoint them, especially since the exchange is taking place like a Discord convo to some degree.
Turns out they themselves said SAsonic would get a "boost", so that was already wrong info on his end that could... Y'know, mislead him on the result.
No doubt that'd extend this convo on the Discussion thread even further, so I felt it was worth probably trying to defuse that when I saw a good chance to.

I apologize to the others if I'm stepping out of line though! With that out of the way, that's all from me. Don't wanna end up prolonguing the convo when I intervened trying to avoid that, lol.

i guess i was pretty vague i just didnt wanna spoil the fun of what actually happens. sorry
Nah it was fun the way you were doing it.
Post automatically merged:

I may accidentally put my foot in my mouth here, but I'm looking at this thread and I just wanna clear this (unintentional) wild goose chase I'm seeing.

So! Collecting the Sol Emeralds is a universal thing-- the progress is stored in another file, so they're saved forever unless you change or remove said file. No need to deal with this "Use a Blaze/Marine Savefile and use a mod to change characters in it" mumbo jumbo.

Next, collecting every chaos emerald while Rush Chars is added will change every emerald token into another, completely different object that helps summon the Jetski. You can collect multiple of these new tokens and the game will keep track of the amount in a similar way to the Sol Emeralds, no matter the savefile. (So if you got... Let's say, 10 of these tokens, then when you go into a new savefle and collect all Chaos Emeralds and then collect another of the new tokens... You'll add up to the universal total. You won't start over again).

Now, so as long as you have at least one of the Jetski tokens, you have to hold down Custom 2.
If you did everything correctly (Collecting all emeralds -> collecting the new special tokens -> hold C2), you should be able to summon the Jetski. Adventure Sonic does not not ride the Jetski like Blaze or Marine-- In fact, he rides a surfboard instead.

As far as I'm aware, that's what Adventure Sonic's compatibility with Rush Chars is. I may've gaslight myself by accident but I swear someone mentioned a "boost" of some kind when it came to it, but... This isn't exactly a "Boost", like you'd think of with Modern Sonic.
I started to wonder if the "rush mode" was the surfboard thing. I guess i was right thanks for confirming that's what it was. kinda dumb in my opinion having the code note say "rush mode" instead of explaining the surf board.

sasonicthing-1.gif

well that came out of no where

sasonicthing-1.gif

Just be aware this sprite is literally all there is and no work is being done actively on it.

Actually, there is this other test sprite I made before too:

XuYZYHO.png

Nah it was fun the way you were doing it.

I started to wonder if the "rush mode" was the surfboard thing. I guess i was right thanks for confirming that's what it was. kinda dumb in my opinion having the code note say "rush mode" instead of explaining the surf board.
I think... Shine called it that because he had more ideas for Rushchars interactions that didn't pan out, at least at the time from what I remember, but he can verify if he decides to.

Just be aware this sprite is literally all there is and no work is being done actively on it.

XuYZYHO.png

I think... Shine called it that because he had more ideas for Rushchars interactions that didn't pan out, at least at the time from what I remember, but he can verify if he decides to.
Gotta be honest I've always liked Advance style Sonic over Adventure. His run cycle in Advance is way better than is Sa2 run cycle with just looks goofy as hell sometimes. Kinda like watching Ezio run. Looks good tho bro, but I'd be good if we never got a sprite update again cuz your work is godly. You and Golden gave use the Perfect Sonic that really fits into SRB2 so damn well.

Have a good Holiday!!

Last edited:

XuYZYHO.png

ahh yes the advance running animation one of if not the best in the 2d games

I guess you only looked scrolled through the comments and never noticed there was no actual code for a boost? There's alot of placeholder stuff!

sasonicthing-1.gif

I wouldn't get hyped for a Soap Shoes release aaaanytime soon, since this is not what's in the works atm. It's just a concept!

ahh yes the advance running animation one of if not the best in the 2d games
Can't think of any better 2D run for Sonic, myself.

Though I wonder how I could bring that animation in properly without switching to Sonic Advance gameplay. In SRB2 you're not building momentum for ages like in Advance 2. That's despite Adventure Sonic having the lowest acceleration of all SRB2 characters.

XuYZYHO.png

I don't recall bringing the topic up before, but I had some interactions with Blaze in mind. The surfboard's good enough right now as is, though!

Metalwario64 why didn't you give super sonic when he is on the jetski animation and also found somethingView attachment 108001
That was my choice, actually. Super Sonic has alot of special properties, and the jetski code (the surfboard is a reskinned jetski) interrupts them in a glitchy way, so I simply made SA-Sonic untransform when on the surfboard.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back