• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small suggestion, would be fine if not implemented: It would be neat if Adventure Sonic was able to recognize when he's in the vanilla levels, and used fitting quotes from the Adventure games when left without input for about a minute to observe his surroundings depending on which Zone he's in. Example: "There's nothing that can stop me, even when I'm in outer space!" while in Egg Rock.

Small suggestion, would be fine if not implemented: It would be neat if Adventure Sonic was able to recognize when he's in the vanilla levels, and used fitting quotes from the Adventure games when left without input for about a minute to observe his surroundings depending on which Zone he's in. Example: "There's nothing that can stop me, even when I'm in outer space!" while in Egg Rock.
Maybe even have more voice lines in his file and make a template so that people can add voicelines for their own levels. For example, I could make a level that involves running on building rooftops and leaving him to stand around and add a compatibility script that gets him to say "Aw yeah! This is happening!"

I can't wait to see SA-Sonic scream as he gets punted by either SMS or another character that can launch characters on a whim.
Post automatically merged:

Remember the infinite stationary Lightdash? That's fixed now, of course, but, the Lightdash is STILL the jankiest thing because SRB2's ring placements are rarely ever in straight lines. I shouldn't call this behaviour a "bug" perse, but I certainly don't like it or know what to do with it.

Every mod was a WIP once. You mean mods shown off on the WIP thread?

Adventure Super Sonic seems to outshine Super Pointy in all ways but the dab. No matter how powerful your transformation gets, can't beat the power of the super dab.

Appreciate the enthusiasm! But if you have nothing to comment other than the page count, why not throw me requests of stuff you'd like to see? GIFs of certain stages/set pieces, compatibility with mods you're hoping for, a sprite that got burried in the 90+ pages....

Trying to change other character's controls/physics is a recipe for breaking custom characters. You can tell from how many custom characters break when they go "Mystic Super" through SMS. I never anticipated so many game-revamping movesets.

You can't make a player stack, but there's a very simple Lua mod letting you do that with every character. When the addon limit's released, I hope to see that more in netgames!

I'd love a Coop puzzle map too! Maybe using Amy to spring-jump places Sonic can't reach or Golden Shield-jump out of death pits(Super Sonic would have to be separated behind her or he could just fly it himself). We might need more in-depth mechanics, but with enough creativity...

This is the only Sonic I need. I never would've realized how badly I wanted it either until Metalwario showed me what could've been. God praise that crazily skilled dude!
905510005342617611.gif

41% higher, even higher than Amy. He would've jumped EVEN higher(113%!) if I wanted to perfectly replicate Sonic Adventure, but jumpheight's such a powerful stat in SRB2 I decided to keep it down. This still feels right, and sometimes we decide to go based on what feels right in SRB2 rather than a perfect translation. Even DC-Sonic came to that same conclusion, letting Sonic jump "only" 54% higher, and DC-Sonic is basically blue Jigglypuff.

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif

"Exclusivity"? When did Xmomentum earn hyperform copyrights for itself?

You properly guessed what I was gonna show off next, though! Super Sonic has NEVER had a Lightspeed Attack. He's implied to be using it instantly with SA2's "super homing attack", so I allowed the Quick Charge to be activated INCREDIBLY early with Super Sonic.
srb20573.gif

Look familiar? This effect came with the first Super Sonic sprites I teased from a distance!

The attack and ring homing properties are unchanged, but the Lightspeed Dash itself goes MUCH further than in base form and can be steered at will! There's no way your target is escaping Super Sonic!
srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
Why do I see this as a reference to Rise of Nazo? That old animation that everyone sonic fan loves?

Remember the infinite stationary Lightdash? That's fixed now, of course, but, the Lightdash is STILL the jankiest thing because SRB2's ring placements are rarely ever in straight lines. I shouldn't call this behaviour a "bug" perse, but I certainly don't like it or know what to do with it.

Adventure Super Sonic seems to outshine Super Pointy in all ways but the dab. No matter how powerful your transformation gets, can't beat the power of the super dab.

Appreciate the enthusiasm! But if you have nothing to comment other than the page count, why not throw me requests of stuff you'd like to see? GIFs of certain stages/set pieces, compatibility with mods you're hoping for, a sprite that got burried in the 90+ pages....

Trying to change other character's controls/physics is a recipe for breaking custom characters. You can tell from how many custom characters break when they go "Mystic Super" through SMS. I never anticipated so many game-revamping movesets.

You can't make a player stack, but there's a very simple Lua mod letting you do that with every character. When the addon limit's released, I hope to see that more in netgames!

I'd love a Coop puzzle map too! Maybe using Amy to spring-jump places Sonic can't reach or Golden Shield-jump out of death pits(Super Sonic would have to be separated behind her or he could just fly it himself). We might need more in-depth mechanics, but with enough creativity...

This is the only Sonic I need. I never would've realized how badly I wanted it either until Metalwario showed me what could've been. God praise that crazily skilled dude!
905510005342617611.gif

41% higher, even higher than Amy. He would've jumped EVEN higher(113%!) if I wanted to perfectly replicate Sonic Adventure, but jumpheight's such a powerful stat in SRB2 I decided to keep it down. This still feels right, and sometimes we decide to go based on what feels right in SRB2 rather than a perfect translation. Even DC-Sonic came to that same conclusion, letting Sonic jump "only" 54% higher, and DC-Sonic is basically blue Jigglypuff.

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif

You properly guessed what I was gonna show off next, though! Super Sonic has NEVER had a Lightspeed Attack. He's implied to be using it instantly with SA2's "super homing attack", so I allowed the Quick Charge to be activated INCREDIBLY early with Super Sonic.
srb20573.gif

Look familiar? This effect came with the first Super Sonic sprites I teased from a distance!

The attack and ring homing properties are unchanged, but the Lightspeed Dash itself goes MUCH further than in base form and can be steered at will! There's no way your target is escaping Super Sonic!
srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
That light speed dash looks sick! and how far it goes is just majestic-
(just like how this mod is gonna be when it's finished later in the future)

I can't wait to see SA-Sonic scream as he gets punted by either SMS or another character that can launch characters on a whim.

Why do I see this as a reference to Rise of Nazo? That old animation that everyone sonic fan loves?
I think the way the light speed dash reminds you of that one time both shadow and sonic just turn a solid color with a slight outline correct? maybe not idk lol

Enthusiasm? Great! Spammy page number posts? Not great. Giving you a thread ban, as was warned. Don't do this again in the future!
PAG 100

That light speed dash looks sick! and how far it goes is just majestic-
(just like how this mod is gonna be when it's finished later in the future)

I think the way the light speed dash reminds you of that one time both shadow and sonic just turn a solid color with a slight outline correct? maybe not idk lol
Yes correct!

Why do you want 100 of something related to brains that control our pain?

Enthusiasm? Great! Spammy page number posts? Not great. Giving you a thread ban, as was warned. Don't do this again in the future!
WE did it page 100

lol i don't

905510005342617611.gif

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif

srb20573.gif

srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif

Now that I think about it is there going to be hyper-form for this character or just super to stay more true to the character?Then again giving him hyper seems a bit to much and super/base is already perfect so add that on is to much plus what would he have different from super if u had a idea to add that?

why not throw me requests of stuff you'd like to see? GIFs of certain stages/set pieces, compatibility with mods you're hoping for, a sprite that got burried in the 90+ pages....
I've been seeing a lot of SA1, SA2, and Heroes stages in the thread, where are they from? I don't necessarily want to pressure, but it would be nice to know what stages/wads are being shown whenever a .gif is posted.
Also, will Super Adventure Sonic be able to freely move on water slides, the bane of every character?

I've been seeing a lot of SA1, SA2, and Heroes stages in the thread, where are they from? I don't necessarily want to pressure, but it would be nice to know what stages/wads are being shown whenever a .gif is posted.
Also, will Super Adventure Sonic be able to freely move on water slides, the bane of every character?
And some links to them if avaliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back