• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
you people need to fucking stop.

to get back in topic, I'm excited to see how powerful Super-SA could be with X-momentum on. Imagine SA1-style Super sith Xmom... that's probably going to help him alot.
Yeah. Xmom + Sa Could be really interesting!!!
But that would probably come in a later update.

I wonder what Hyper Sa looks like?
Post automatically merged:

Also page 100 soon lez gooooo!!

1 more page of compliments and showcases and we will reach the 100th page. It's amazing how far the character went along from the humble beginnings of the original sprites from MetalWario to the programming exploits of Golden Shine and the near-finished product of the character over the last 15 - 20 pages. Adventure Sonic is ambitious and I'm glad you both pulled all the stops. BRAVO!

Yeah. Xmom + Sa Could be really interesting!!!
But that would probably come in a later update.

I wonder what Hyper Sa looks like?

Also page 100 soon lez gooooo!!
Honestly, I'd love a bit of special XMom exclusivity, even if it's just a unique Hyper Palette (which I'd probably end up screaming over) - it's just little stuff like that that'll make this mod one of the best mods of all time

I also wonder if Super Sonic with the Light Dash charged up has his own aura effect kinda thing like Base Sonic, since it'd look a bit weird having a blue Base Sonic-shaped overlay over Super Sonic :P

After all, unless he intentionally showed us the glitch, name ONE gif that actually shows a glitch. Either you can’t, you did, or you’re not looking through 90+ pages of this stuff.
Remember the infinite stationary Lightdash? That's fixed now, of course, but, the Lightdash is STILL the jankiest thing because SRB2's ring placements are rarely ever in straight lines. I shouldn't call this behaviour a "bug" perse, but I certainly don't like it or know what to do with it.

I am, its just I've usually never see wip mods get this far into development so kudos to Metalwario. Praise our metal overlord!
Every mod was a WIP once. You mean mods shown off on the WIP thread?

Anyway, before we get off topic again I wonder what Pointy Sonic and SA-Sonic would look like together - seeing as they're essentially the Saturn and Dreamcast versions of Sonic respectively, it'd be nice to see them side-by-side! I also wonder who flies faster in their Super Forms since the two of them can fly, but I'm not sure who'd win in a race there.
Adventure Super Sonic seems to outshine Super Pointy in all ways but the dab. No matter how powerful your transformation gets, can't beat the power of the super dab.

three more zones and we'll reach the deeper part of SA-Sonic's Adventure Thread!

Literally everyone that is hyped and got SA-Sonic when it finally released::welcometoreleases::threat::shitsfree::wonderful::sadthumbsup::wow::knuxsmug:

A bit more and then we'll praise m.wario for summoning us all!:blink: we'll get on the 100'th thread! Man this is a long thread...Give us an announcement shine for the 100th thread celebration. You know we're all hedgehogs in this place...And we have the common fear of Sonic...🔫:worry:
Appreciate the enthusiasm! But if you have nothing to comment other than the page count, why not throw me requests of stuff you'd like to see? GIFs of certain stages/set pieces, compatibility with mods you're hoping for, a sprite that got burried in the 90+ pages....

Anyways... Im thinking that "soup"er sa1-2tonic should be able to make other players fly along side him by pressing...
Weapon prev and weapon next? But alas im hoping that will come at a later date.
Trying to change other character's controls/physics is a recipe for breaking custom characters. You can tell from how many custom characters break when they go "Mystic Super" through SMS. I never anticipated so many game-revamping movesets.
Tails can finally rest his tails and let Sonic do all the flying from now on.
That does maker wonder, could you stack every sonic onto him? Like just a Sonic Ladder.

I kind of want to see big puzzles maps that involves using stuff like this to get gy, like vaulting players to the other side, or power sharing.
I feel like that could be fun, focusing on working together to complete the map.
You can't make a player stack, but there's a very simple Lua mod letting you do that with every character. When the addon limit's released, I hope to see that more in netgames!

I'd love a Coop puzzle map too! Maybe using Amy to spring-jump places Sonic can't reach or Golden Shield-jump out of death pits(Super Sonic would have to be separated behind her or he could just fly it himself). We might need more in-depth mechanics, but with enough creativity...

Wonder what sort of thing will be next on the list of Sonic mods done for this game? Will someone mod in Movie Sonic and Movie Tails into the game? With it somehow also making Eggman look like his movie design as well? That would probably be another thing of craziness.
This is the only Sonic I need. I never would've realized how badly I wanted it either until Metalwario showed me what could've been. God praise that crazily skilled dude!
905510005342617611.gif

Has it been said how high SA-Sonic jumps normally? At least compared to regular SRB2 Sonic.
41% higher, even higher than Amy. He would've jumped EVEN higher(113%!) if I wanted to perfectly replicate Sonic Adventure, but jumpheight's such a powerful stat in SRB2 I decided to keep it down. This still feels right, and sometimes we decide to go based on what feels right in SRB2 rather than a perfect translation. Even DC-Sonic came to that same conclusion, letting Sonic jump "only" 54% higher, and DC-Sonic is basically blue Jigglypuff.

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif

Honestly, I'd love a bit of special XMom exclusivity, even if it's just a unique Hyper Palette (which I'd probably end up screaming over) - it's just little stuff like that that'll make this mod one of the best mods of all time

I also wonder if Super Sonic with the Light Dash charged up has his own aura effect kinda thing like Base Sonic, since it'd look a bit weird having a blue Base Sonic-shaped overlay over Super Sonic :P
"Exclusivity"? When did Xmomentum earn hyperform copyrights for itself?

You properly guessed what I was gonna show off next, though! Super Sonic has NEVER had a Lightspeed Attack. He's implied to be using it instantly with SA2's "super homing attack", so I allowed the Quick Charge to be activated INCREDIBLY early with Super Sonic.
srb20573.gif

Look familiar? This effect came with the first Super Sonic sprites I teased from a distance!

The attack and ring homing properties are unchanged, but the Lightspeed Dash itself goes MUCH further than in base form and can be steered at will! There's no way your target is escaping Super Sonic!
srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif

The part where you derailed wasn’t what we took issue with. The issue we have is the fact that you act like we’re the bad guys now because we’re calling everyone out on their bullshit for flooding the thread, the reason for which is to defend the fact that Shine and MW’s posts keep getting buried with needless release dates and “haha bug number.”

Grow up
I never said you were the bad guy, nor did I say I liked them doing the whole (act blank) thing. They drive my attention away from the more important comments, and that’s a problem when you don’t always get notifications for when the creators comment on the thread. I’m just saying that there are multiple other ways you could’ve approached the issue that would’ve been just as, if not more effective. (With the least liable being to DM the creators and asking them to tell everyone to stop, sense they’re busy with the mod, except for maybe Golden, but in my head we just respect the creators too much to do that.) Hell I’m convinced that it didn’t work as well as we wanted (I’m saying we because I kind of hoped it worked.) Sense they did it again immediately on the next page. Also the “grow up” thing kinda just sounded like you wanted to be a jerk, but I won’t judge.

41% higher, even higher than Amy. He would've jumped EVEN higher(113%!) if I wanted to perfectly replicate Sonic Adventure, but jumpheight's such a powerful stat in SRB2 I decided to keep it down. This still feels right, and sometimes we decide to go based on what feels right in SRB2 rather than a perfect translation. Even DC-Sonic came to that same conclusion, letting Sonic jump "only" 54% higher, and DC-Sonic is basically blue Jigglypuff.

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif
Well we can still feel it in spirit sense the ledge grab gets him to that height anyways.

Last edited:
Remember the infinite stationary Lightdash? That's fixed now, of course, but, the Lightdash is STILL the jankiest thing because SRB2's ring placements are rarely ever in straight lines. I shouldn't call this behaviour a "bug" perse, but I certainly don't like it or know what to do with it.

Adventure Super Sonic seems to outshine Super Pointy in all ways but the dab. No matter how powerful your transformation gets, can't beat the power of the super dab.

Appreciate the enthusiasm! But if you have nothing to comment other than the page count, why not throw me requests of stuff you'd like to see? GIFs of certain stages/set pieces, compatibility with mods you're hoping for, a sprite that got burried in the 90+ pages....

Trying to change other character's controls/physics is a recipe for breaking custom characters. You can tell from how many custom characters break when they go "Mystic Super" through SMS. I never anticipated so many game-revamping movesets.

You can't make a player stack, but there's a very simple Lua mod letting you do that with every character. When the addon limit's released, I hope to see that more in netgames!

I'd love a Coop puzzle map too! Maybe using Amy to spring-jump places Sonic can't reach or Golden Shield-jump out of death pits(Super Sonic would have to be separated behind her or he could just fly it himself). We might need more in-depth mechanics, but with enough creativity...

This is the only Sonic I need. I never would've realized how badly I wanted it either until Metalwario showed me what could've been. God praise that crazily skilled dude!
905510005342617611.gif

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif

You properly guessed what I was gonna show off next, though! Super Sonic has NEVER had a Lightspeed Attack. He's implied to be using it instantly with SA2's "super homing attack", so I allowed the Quick Charge to be activated INCREDIBLY early with Super Sonic.
srb20573.gif

Look familiar? This effect came with the first Super Sonic sprites I teased from a distance!

The attack and ring homing properties are unchanged, but the Lightspeed Dash itself goes MUCH further than in base form and can be steered at will! There's no way your target is escaping Super Sonic!
srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
Man, these sprites be lookin' good.

wait, SA-Sonic can grab ledges? *werehog intensifies*

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif
That's quite a comparison, and the difference is way there. To perfectly give the aspect of how jumpy he is.
srb20573.gif

I couldn't even notice a thing about this!
srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
That seems to have a ton of Super-Sonic power!

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif
Understandable he would just be a sir skips a lot 2.0 with that jump alone, nerfing down to fit better with SRB2 stages is probably for the best if you want avoid making him to OP.
srb20573.gif

srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
Finally I can play as a golden ballistic missile in SRB2

905510005342617611.gif

SRB2 vanilla.
srb20565.gif

SA1 direct translation
srb20563.gif

SA-Sonic
srb20564.gif

srb20573.gif

srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
ok these are epic, this might sound dumb but.. What is exactly BETTER? Super Mystic, or Super Adventure Sonic?

srb20577.gif

srb20585.gif
The super lightspeed dash almost looks like a golden version of the cyan laser wisp.

I wonder if the vertical reach of the lightspeed attack/dash is increased while super?

ok these are epic, this might sound dumb but.. What is exactly BETTER? Super Mystic, or Super Adventure Sonic?
I feel SMS Might still beat him out, like playing him at max efficiency he's probably still a bit faster, but SA Sonic can also fly over obstacles so it depends on map.
But I would like to see the two race, or best times for each stage to highlight each strong and weak points.

No.. way. Super Sonic lightdash?! That's awesome there! It sounds to me like this Sonic is going for max control in a way for Sonic from the Adventure games, and that is exciting!

I think it might be super sa-sonic, bc he can spam dash and can jump much higher.

Once i learn how to map, i might make a multiplayer puzzle that uses SA-Sonic's in co-op with other chars such as the vanilla ones' abilities to complete it.

I never said you were the bad guy, nor did I say I liked them doing the whole (act blank) thing. They drive my attention away from the more important comments, and that’s a problem when you don’t always get notifications for when the creators comment on the thread. I’m just saying that there are multiple other ways you could’ve approached the issue that would’ve been just as, if not more effective. (With the least liable being to DM the creators and asking them to tell everyone to stop, sense they’re busy with the mod, except for maybe Golden, but in my head we just respect the creators too much to do that.) Hell I’m convinced that it didn’t work as well as we wanted (I’m saying we because I kind of hoped it worked.) Sense they did it again immediately on the next page. Also the “grow up” thing kinda just sounded like you wanted to be a jerk, but I won’t judge.

Well we can still feel it in spirit sense the ledge grab gets him to that height anyways.
lmao I'm friends with the creators and we seem to be talking about this thread and it's problems a lot nowadays.

Anyhow, super excited to see how this mod turns out. I've been following it's progress since Day 1 and it's very much one of the most ambitious projects I've ever seen in general. Shine's got an extraordinary talent for coding and MW's got an extraordinary talent for spriting. Together, they have created something that is more than extraordinary and I am all here for it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back