• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm glad to know there will be Compatablity with MR HUD. Also, hey GoldenShine...
srb20405.gif
Is this a map you're making? Possibly for Sonic here? That's pretty cool.

The Lightspeed Dash has a very large lock-on range when it comes to enemies and monitors, though it will prioritize rings if you're close enough to them! We're talking 3x the range of the homing attack, with no restrictions on going vertically upwards. If Sonic locks onto an enemy, he'll unleash the Light Speed Attack!!

Any nearby enemies or monitors get smashed to a pulp in an incredibly fast chain combo that deals 2x damage on impact! Even with all that charging time leaving you vulnerable, it'll still speed up boss fights a little!
srb20405.gif

It's range can be used to smash hard-to-reach foes or monitors. You could then turn them into interesting routes or shortcuts, as use Sonic's skywards leap as a superjump! Use your environment to your advantage!
srb20416.gif
srb20429.gif

You can get huuuge combo chains going! (Autocancels after 2 enemies in Chaos Mode for obvious reasons)
srb20436.gif

Like in Sonic Adventure you can use the control stick to influence where you'll attack from. In Adventure this could cause the "orbiting enemy" glitch. While I was tempted to let that stay for funsies, SA-Sonic will eventually attack straight-on if you take too long. (To save myself the headache of people reporting it as a bug.) In this GIF I hold left, so Sonic swirls clockwise around the enemy!
srb20443.gif

There's some more special properties to the Light Speed Attack (LSA for short), but I'll show those off next time!
Dang he look clean

This is starting to feel like a cult lmao I mean there's nothing wrong with that...right?
Your souls are most welcome in the Metalwario64 cult. All hail Metalwario64

Well, I'm glad to know there will be Compatablity with MR HUD. Also, hey GoldenShine...

Is this a map you're making? Possibly for Sonic here? That's pretty cool.
Actually I made this Mystic Ruins map way back in SRB2 2.0 before slopes existed. Here's my 2.2 port for it you wanna play it!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/890082996940570654/908465575414616144/MT_MysticRuins.pk3

Apparently I never put it on Shining Archive. Whoops. It's a Match map that becomes a boss stage if you play it in coop. The train rails are broken off here to prevent lag from excessive FOFs. It's MAP MAPMR.

I know this is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but will SA-Sonic receive a SMS transformation?
He does. But Metal's currently working on the transformation frames, so I couldn't show it off if I wanted to.

I'm waiting for the day someone makes a full fledged Sonic Adventure hub world hangout.
Quarrelsome Six is looking to be a stand-out mod with a cool city and some Sonic Adventure/Advance era scenery. I'm seriously looking forward to that one.

This isn't Light Speed Attack related, but let's try turning backwards after a full speed jump!

Adventure Sonic!
srb20381.gif

Vanilla Sonic!
srb20385.gif

It's range can be used to smash hard-to-reach foes or monitors. You could then turn them into interesting routes or shortcuts, as use Sonic's skywards leap as a superjump! Use your environment to your advantage!
srb20416.gif
srb20429.gif
Lookin good, I can already see how great use this can be some stages, and Addons that spam enemies now have someone to fear.
Also probably make Bumblebore(The most obnoxious enemies) great stepping stones now, they follow you around so you could as super jump "helpers"(Fodder)
That Invincibility effect is really looking on point.
Like in Sonic Adventure you can use the control stick to influence where you'll attack from. In Adventure this could cause the "orbiting enemy" glitch. While I was tempted to let that stay for funsies, SA-Sonic will eventually attack straight-on if you take too long. (To save myself the headache of people reporting it as a bug.) In this GIF I hold left, so Sonic swirls clockwise around the enemy!
srb20443.gif
I used to think the Enemy orbit was a glitch that probably was intentional because enemies aren't rings and tend to be spaced out more, so you have more influence over where sonic will go, so it's probably a good thing to have this in, gives the player a way to think of where they will go for a second, in SA2 not that useful but in SRB2 with some Addons in particular might be of great use to someone who's new to the stage.
This isn't Light Speed Attack related, but let's try turning backwards after a full speed jump!

Adventure Sonic!
srb20381.gif

Vanilla Sonic!
srb20385.gif
This basically confirms Vanila Sonic will never be Totally Tubular as Adventure Sonic, how will he ever recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back