• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, I have a question correlating to Idle Animations, will he have a unique voice line for every stage like in SA1?
Nah. Even if I hand-picked generic voicelines to fit the stage's mood, it'd be a megabyte of voicelines just for the basic campaign. Ideally I'd keep this as lightweight as possible. No big impact on performance, storage, or server downloads. No dozens of settings to weed through or fancy controls setup needed. Just pick up and play, like Sonic Adventure. The magic's in the foundation. (The SA1 jump toggle was an exception due to being a special request from Metal.)

Of course, if two gods collide and Metal convinces Ryan Drummond to make voice lines...

Now that I think about it, the SA Games don't have and classic style death animations, do they?
Our current death sprite's just a funny placeholder plastering the '06 death face over the standing frame. The final release will have context-sensitive deaths. The falling-into-pits one was an example of that. Death sprites were just last on Metal's list, that's all.

Once the waiting & bubble gasp sprites, then life icon and 1-up icons are out of the way, that leaves only the death sprites before all of Base Sonic's sprites are done! (Barring bonus things Metal may or may not wanna do later)

Attachments

• srb21079.gif
    srb21079.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 302
  • srb21087.gif
    srb21087.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
  • srb21084.gif
    srb21084.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 293
Once the waiting & bubble gasp sprites, then life icon and 1-up icons are out of the way, that leaves only the death sprites before all of Base Sonic's sprites are done! (Barring bonus things Metal may or may not wanna do later)
Am I able to ask how are gonna be the Waiting animations? Like the Adventure 1 style pose (Y'know, the iconic one) or how..? (Sorry if this question is kinda "rude" or "disrespectful", i entered the community here not too long and I'm kinda considered "new to the community"!

Am I able to ask how are gonna be the Waiting animations? Like the Adventure 1 style pose (Y'know, the iconic one) or how..? (Sorry if this question is kinda "rude" or "disrespectful", i entered the community here not too long and I'm kinda considered "new to the community"!
You never ended your second set of brakets (aka: ( and ) )

Wait a minute, isn't the boss v8 pack?
Nah. Even if I hand-picked generic voicelines to fit the stage's mood, it'd be a megabyte of voicelines just for the basic campaign. Ideally I'd keep this as lightweight as possible. No big impact on performance, storage, or server downloads. No dozens of settings to weed through or fancy controls setup needed. Just pick up and play, like Sonic Adventure. The magic's in the foundation. (The SA1 jump toggle was an exception due to being a special request from Metal.)

Of course, if two gods collide and Metal convinces Ryan Drummond to make voice lines...

Our current death sprite's just a funny placeholder plastering the '06 death face over the standing frame. The final release will have context-sensitive deaths. The falling-into-pits one was an example of that. Death sprites were just last on Metal's list, that's all.

Talking about custom voicelines and all that have got me thinking that if we can't get custom voices for Sonic, perhaps custom boss lines for Eggman? I know Mike Pollock didn't voice Eggster in the Adventure games, but I think Boss Dialogue would be pretty cool to have if you're fighting Eggman as Adventure Sonic. This'd obviously be as low priority as you can get, but it'd still be pretty sweet nonetheless

Wait a minute, isn't the boss v8 pack?
...wait, what do you mean?

Talking about custom voicelines and all that have got me thinking that if we can't get custom voices for Sonic, perhaps custom boss lines for Eggman? I know Mike Pollock didn't voice Eggster in the Adventure games, but I think Boss Dialogue would be pretty cool to have if you're fighting Eggman as Adventure Sonic. This'd obviously be as low priority as you can get, but it'd still be pretty sweet nonetheless
Y'know, as much as this is would be bloating and overkill to include in a character mod(I know, Samus, shaddap), I'd be all over a cinematic level or boss stage using SA-Sonic and dialogue.

Attachments

• srb21094.gif
    srb21094.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 231
  • srb21097.gif
    srb21097.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 222
  • srb21100.gif
    srb21100.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 230
Good job dude! Is he gonna have the upgrades from SA1 or SA2?
Post automatically merged:

If you're up for suggestions, I have a neat idea for the signpost:

520.png

Minus the massive cake next to Sonic. You could make his left arm pop out of the sign post.
really nice idea

Last edited:
Since I never really have updated (and retitled) this thread, and a TON has happened in the time since it started, I feel it's time to finally update this thread to inform everyone where it currently stands.

After talking it over, I have finally decided that my Sonic will be:

6o6bUkS.gif

Adventure Sonic

The coding is being handled by Golden Shine, and the project is focused almost exclusively on the Adventure games with a dash of Advance, and so far things have been going very smoothly. We're focusing on getting the feel of Adventure in a way that works in SRB2, while also attempting to provide it in a lightweight package.

Here are examples of the walk and the run animations I have:
Mtc8XF8.gif

n6ydxmf.gif

And I'll repost this little GIF showing the running in-game:
AB44YBJ.gif

Right now, the standing, walking, running, rolling, spring and falling animations are complete.

Things have come quite a way since I started out, tracing SADX screenshots and not knowing if I'd ever have a coder. I'm quite excited, and I hope others are as well!
Nice work with the sprites. Quick question. Is this based on SA2? Cuz' it looks like it despite what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back