• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempted to make a 1% chance for Sonic to use those sprites while carried. "Talk about low budget flights!"
Hah, that would be hilarious! Easter eggs like that are pretty fun.
Post automatically merged:

Hit me with ideas, so long as they're simple for players to execute!
Would the ability to grab ledges be possible? Or are you talking about co-op abilities?

Last edited:
Hit me with ideas, so long as they're simple for players to execute!
What about Knuckles? I assume you have something already for him, but...What if you give him some of his advance mechanics while he's with SA-Sonic? Like being able to carry players with knuckles glide like in Advance 3?

Hah, that would be hilarious! Easter eggs like that are pretty fun. Would the ability to grab ledges be possible? Or are you talking about co-op abilities?
Talking Co-op abilities, Sonic's moveset's already fully worked out! Plus, everything's possible if you're brave enough!

The thought just hit me. Will bounce be present? 🤔
Yep! It's one of the most "Sonic Adventure" moves out there! Hell, Sonic even has some skills from Adventure alot of you didn't know existed! RIP: SA2 somersault, though. Not pushing custom buttons into SA-Sonic's moveset was a higher priority.

What about Knuckles? I assume you have something already for him, but...What if you give him some of his advance mechanics while he's with SA-Sonic? Like being able to carry players with knuckles glide like in Advance 3?

I don't have ideas for Knuckles' ability. Riding gliding characters would just throw Sonic off if they hit a wall/floor and it's rare to glide for very long. Chances are a spindash jump would've sufficed. If the spinkick trick is added, I could use those sprites to toss an updraft Knuckles' way perhaps....either way, it'd require specific planning and positioning that make it too difficult.

There's no need to focus on assisting with specific abilities. General Co-op stuff that applies to most players usually works great. Sonic just happens to be doing nothing while he's carried, so it was a good place to toss a little skill in!

Wanna see some of the new sprites in action? Placeholders are vanishing one by one!

Attachments

• srb21033.gif
    srb21033.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 316
  • srb21031.gif
    srb21031.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 258
  • srb21015.gif
    srb21015.gif
    6 MB · Views: 288
I've been following this thread since last year when it was made and I just wanted to say that this mod has come so far first it was the sadx style then it was sa2 styled and now it seems like its 70-80% done
Good job guys you've been doing great from the start
Keep up the great work

I've been following this thread since last year when it was made and I just wanted to say that this mod has come so far first it was the sadx style then it was sa2 styled and now it seems like its 70-80% done
Keep up the great work
Should I remind you that super sonic isn't done yet?

Keep up the great work
I think it was more of a Uekawa styled SA2 Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back