• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buffed the Lightdash itself to make up for charge-time, you'll see in what way soon enough.

Yes. They use custom slots, so none of SA-Sonic's music override vanilla themes. The music slots are called O_YUSUPR, O_YUCLR, O_YUSHOE, and O_YUINV.

Whatever seems fitting from any of Ryan Drummond clips.(avoiding GBA-crunched clips!) Frequency for voice clips is about as often as SA1.

I'm better at optimization than I once was, and SA-Sonic doesn't really have ultrafancy CPU-eating chain-explosions and lightbeams. There IS 1 Super Sonic effect that has me mildly concerned for minor FPS drops, but it's easily adjustable after testers with crappy PCs confirm it for me. (It doesn't drop FPS for me, but I can fight wars in die.pk3 without drops, so my experience doesn't say much.)

With how slidey SA-Sonic's spindash charge is, and a buff to both the charge and moves themselves, I'm sure I hit the sweet spot.

Same. Outside of required sections it was useless in SA1. SRB2 has no required Lightdashes, so brainlessly spamming it on every tiny ring cluster is the status quo here normally. This buff was practically mandatory for a charged version.

Sorry, that's from the hangout mod I was using. We're not trying to pack in a full SRB2-to-Adventure conversion, just sticking to a lightweight character mod for the time being!

So....air braking. Let go off the stick mid-jump and Sonic gradually comes to a halt like in Adventure. It's similar to SRB2's autobrake, but for jumping. I'll make sure players can turn this off or tweak it, since it's very different from vanilla SRB2 behavior. Neither this nor SA-Sonic's natural air drag will affect spring-launches.
srb20193.gif

Precise jumps like this are easy to land even from massive distance leaps. Controls/physics stuff is hard to show off in GIFs...
Holy shit this should be in vanilla srb2. Also is this reusable?

What about a feature that lets you use Juni'chi's Voice Clips from the games? Just as a quality of life feature? Nice to know voices will be a feature.
With our current system, it'd be easy to implement. Nobody's shown interest, however.
Random question

Victory animation?
Well, at the very least...not in the initial release.
Basically Modern Sonic, I'm down
If Juni'chi IS requested enough, it'll be just him and "no voice" as alt choices. No 500 HUDs and voices from every game ever.
Even Super Mystic Sonic is reuseable. I wouldn’t be surprised if this one was.
The reusable tag means literally everything is instantly fair game. This being a multi-man project, I doubt that's going to happen. Likely specific parts will become officially reusable overtime, and you'd need to have not just mine, but Metalwario64's blessings.

We've been reviewing gfx since they need to be presentable for release. Don't be shocked if a few look different from earlier screens.
srb20077.png

srb20078.png

srb20791.png

As for him...he'll be here soon
srb20226.gif

We've been reviewing gfx since they need to be presentable for release. Don't be shocked if a few look different from earlier screens.
srb20077.png

srb20078.png

srb20791.png

srb20226.gif
I'm just going to quote the Spy.

Now which victory animation would be best to use? Or victory pose, animating the whole thing might be way to much honestly.

With our current system, it'd be easy to implement. Nobody's shown interest, however.
Juni'chi's voice would be nice, but if you guys are planning on doing victory pose later, you could reasonably place that later instead of trying to to throw in everything at once, don't over work yourselves.
srb20226.gif
C r u s h 4 0™ I n t e n s i f i e s

If Juni'chi IS requested enough, it'll be just him and "no voice" as alt choices. No 500 HUDs and voices from every game ever.

The reusable tag means literally everything is instantly fair game. This being a multi-man project, I doubt that's going to happen. Likely specific parts will become officially reusable overtime, and you'd need to have not just mine, but Metalwario64's blessings.

srb20077.png

srb20078.png

srb20791.png

srb20226.gif
As a big fan of the adventure games i feel like this addon represents SA1 sonic to his fullest! (since we hadn't got an adventure game in literally forever) But that, looks S I C K

I'm gonna put a quote to go alongside Jimbo's comment

srb20077.png

srb20078.png

srb20791.png

srb20226.gif
It's a signal from the lord

so he'll be a christmas gift
LOL
It's our estimate, but anything could happen, life could make things more difficult, and in my experience, life, uh... finds a way... to mess things up, so I don't want everyone to be devastated if things don't happen as quickly as we all hope they do.

So far from my spriting end, things ARE going pretty smoothly, so it's looking good at the moment at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back