• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he fucking can’t you haven’t watched dragon ball were going offtopic. Don’t want the moderater to lock the thrrad
Literally shut the fuck up you snob, either stop going off topic or leave, because talking about it will lock the topic. Like seriously fucking tired of these bullshit off-topic discussions in w.i.p threads, every goddamn time it happens to be snot-nosed pricks like you saying this bullshit for the 3rd time or whatever, i will tell you one more time to shut up about it, also, Dragon Ball fucking sucks, i don't care if you get mad or try to make a comeback. And one more thing, just stop trying to think that you're "helping the situation.

Alright, now that i think about it, i don't think i made this any better, made me feel like an ass.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm going to be very honest here. What you guys are arguing about is very stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Please, lets get back on the important part of the thread here.
srb20190.gif

I should stress again we're no 1-to-1 SA1 or SA2 emulation. The goal's to handpick Adventure era elements and fit them in SRB2's environment. To accomodate this, some aspects are nerfed from Adventure (SuperBounce is shoes-only, Lightdash isn't instant, less jumpheight, no Magic Hands/Somersault), while others are buffed. (Stronger Lightdash+LSA, quick ledgegrab, less airdrag, lenient inputs) We're aiming to make it feel like Adventure, but things are prone to tweaking if we feel it'll translate better to SRB2.
The ledge grab I never knew was in Sonic adventure honestly, and it looks very cool! Is this in the second one or in both? Also your goal so far is going amazing. While it all shouts adventure, I see how this will fit perfectly with Srb2. Great job on everything so far!

Will Super Sonic Theme sound like this song?
It's sounds so heroic and it's the main theme Sonic Adventure of it.

Attachments

• Sonic Adventure Super Sonic's Theme.mp4
    6.6 MB
I'll be honest, If you were to show me these gifs out of context, you could probably trick me into thinking it's finished. Also...

Now I'm curious. What were some other things from Advance that ended up being shelved?
We wanted the Sonic Advance airdash, the instashield, and spring tricks, for one. The instashield needed extra buttons, and the spring tricks were shelved moreso because of the sprite requirement, but a little bit balance concerns too.

I wonder, how will Super SA-Sonic play differently from normal SA-Sonic?
You'll have a good idea from playing Super Sonic in either Adventure games! We didn't want him to be a downgrade in any way, so he'll keep abilities he had in normal form, but the nuances of that are better shown off in GIF form when it's time.

The ledge grab I never knew was in Sonic adventure honestly, and it looks very cool! Is this in the second one or in both? Also your goal so far is going amazing. While it all shouts adventure, I see how this will fit perfectly with Srb2. Great job on everything so far!
Specifically, it's from Sonic Adventure 2. SA2 doesn't have as many flat ledges as SRB2, so I could see it being miss-able...

Ready for the ultimate SA1 tech? Try transforming without enough rings/emeralds, and Sonic gets confused, dropping like a brick.

srb20196.gif

"HUH?!"

I call it the "(dead) brick drop"! Surely, nobody's going to force themselves to use it and convince themselves it's somehow useful.
(Actually, this is how you manually detonate the Armageddon shield, so it's useful for something.)

Also remember, boys and boyettes, if you're not praising Metalwario, it's off-topic! ALWAYS PRAISE METALWARIO

Ready for the ultimate SA1 tech? Try transforming without enough rings/emeralds, and Sonic gets confused, dropping like a brick.

srb20196.gif
The fact that you guys decided that Sonic turning super without emeralds would be a useful move in your kit is funny, even something by design should be useless has actually useful to the player.
I also love how the robo-hood jumps off, almost makes it look like sonic presence pushed him back as he fails to go super.

Also remember, boys and boyettes, if you're not praising Metalwario, it's off-topic! ALWAYS PRAISE METALWARIO
This is no longer the SA Sonic Thread, but the Church of METALWARIO

The fact that you guys decided that Sonic turning super without emeralds would be a useful move in your kit is funny, even something by design should be useless has actually useful to the player.
I also love how the robo-hood jumps off, almost makes it look like sonic presence pushed him back as he fails to go super.

This is no longer the SA Sonic Thread, but the Church of METALWARIO

All of a sudden the Force Shield's ability is looking even more useless

(Yes I know Adventure Sonic only benefits from the passive effects of shields but let's be honest it's ability is very situational. In my opinion anyway)

srb20196.gif

"HUH?!"

I call it the "(dead) brick drop"! Surely, nobody's going to force themselves to use it and convince themselves it's somehow useful.
Force shield moment-
While this is great for platforming I hardly ever use the force shield. Mainly because mods are mostly about keeping your momentum, but because you can just gain it all back again in an instant, this is a very smart move.

We wanted the Sonic Advance airdash, the instashield, and spring tricks, for one. The instashield needed extra buttons, and the spring tricks were shelved moreso because of the sprite requirement, but a little bit balance concerns too.

You'll have a good idea from playing Super Sonic in either Adventure games! We didn't want him to be a downgrade in any way, so he'll keep abilities he had in normal form, but the nuances of that are better shown off in GIF form when it's time.

Specifically, it's from Sonic Adventure 2. SA2 doesn't have as many flat ledges as SRB2, so I could see it being miss-able...

srb20196.gif

"HUH?!"

(Actually, this is how you manually detonate the Armageddon shield, so it's useful for something.)

Will Super Sonic have any custom abilities like the dash move in the Final Hazard fight, or will it just be an ability enhancement?

Literally shut the fuck up you snob, either stop going off topic or leave, because talking about it will lock the topic. Like seriously fucking tired of these bullshit off-topic discussions in w.i.p threads, every goddamn time it happens to be snot-nosed pricks like you saying this bullshit for the 3rd time or whatever, i will tell you one more time to shut up about it, also, Dragon Ball fucking sucks, i don't care if you get mad or try to make a comeback. And one more thing, just stop trying to think that you're "helping the situation.

Alright, now that i think about it, i don't think i made this any better, made me feel like an ass.
Damn did he get banned for this
Post automatically merged:

stfu i don't see dragon ball because i hate it
? That has nothing to with it being good im not sure that guy brought it up to begin with
Post automatically merged:

is it just me? or adventure sonic kinda looks like sms in some way?
It’s literally the opposite. Sms is based off adventure sonic

wait hang on light speed dash isn't instant? Tbh i thought it never was, as you had to charge it in the original SA games. (At least SA1)
Anyways i really hope the super sonic theme is open your heart or live and learn

wait hang on light speed dash isn't instant? Tbh i thought it never was, as you had to charge it in the original SA games. (At least SA1)
Anyways i really hope the super sonic theme is open your heart or live and learn
Yeah why isn’t it instant. The light speed dash has been instant since sa2. Srb2 level design al ready doesn’t have routes for light speed dash so that makes it useless

srb20196.gif

"HUH?!"

Tbh, the first time I did this move in SA1 I had to do a double take. Other than that, I have never used this move in subsequent playthroughs. But, I can see this being useful for precision platforming at least!

srb20196.gif

"HUH?!"

Always praising the lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back