• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adrift Sonic

Conscious CJ

Don't worry babe, i don't drive as bad as CJ.
Hello, Welcome to the Adrift Sonic development thread. To get into context, I have been talking to one of my friends (I must emphasize that he was banned from the MB)and we got to the point of creating a mod together, we have many ideas for the development of the mod, but the one that stands out is the idea of merging modern gameplay with advanced gameplay.

Below I will show you some pictures from the early development of the mod:
To start, here is the CSS of the character made by my friend, Inspired by AstroSeedP Render, this is the result:
Css Art.png

Moving on to the next image, here are the character HUD sprites made by me and my friend:
Hud Picture.jpg

We even already made a logo for the character, here it is:
Logo.png
We have discussed a lot about the possible abilities of the character and we have agreed on some in common:
• Air Spinning Kick / Ground Spinning Kick: Pressing the button C2 in the air or in the ground Sonic will be able to make a spinning kick. When doing it in the air (As in sonic advance 3) sonic will have a momentum boost.

• Air Jump: Similar to a double jump, when Sonic falls off a cliff, he will be able to do an extra jump in the air by recycling the jump that he didn't do before. this also applies for when a badnick hits sonic and he falls.

• Air Dash / Homing Attack: As in Sonic Generations, Sonic unleashed and Sonic 06, Sonic can dash in the air, quite useful to stop the falling speed and reach places that are far away, And a homing attack inspired in the Sonic Generations / Unleashed one.

• Drift: Pressing C1 while Sonic runs to the right or left he will be able to drift, useful in races and in moments of high speed.

• Stomp / Crouch: By pressing C1 in the air or on the ground Sonic will be able to crouch or do a stomp, he will also be able to crawl, quite useful in very low places.

• Quick Steep: By pressing Weapon Next or Weapon Prev sonic will be able to make a Quick Steep to the left and right.

• Wall Jump: When approaching a wall in the air sonic will be able to make a wall jump or just stay falling in the wall

• Air Tricks: Little tricks that sonic does when he destroys a badnick in the air

Thanks for reading, when I can upload more updates I will, I must clarify that it will take time to upload them since development is slow and difficult.

This seems pretty promising

Few things though:

How about making so that turning sharply does a drift instead of using a button? (Yes I stole this idea from Modern Sonic pls no sue)

As for the crawl,I feel like a slide would be a more appropriate move to have here,especially since Adrift Sonic can't spindash to take advantage of slopes

Plus you don't have to like brake and lose all your speed to get under the occasional gap

So you're showing us the HUD, this one piece of art that isn't a sprite, your description of the character's abilities and... zero ingame anything. Can you show us... anything you've actually made ingame, to prove this mod even exists? Even in a pre-pre-pre-alpha state?

Forgive D00D's demeanor, but showing substantial proof you've started making something is indeed part of forum rules.

So you're showing us the HUD, this one piece of art that isn't a sprite, your description of the character's abilities and... zero ingame anything. Can you show us... anything you've actually made ingame, to prove this mod even exists? Even in a pre-pre-pre-alpha state?
Sure, there are 2 sprites made, there are more things but I don't want to reveal more information than the necessary

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-25-21-56-11-827_com.nullium.isopix.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-25-21-56-11-827_com.nullium.isopix.pro.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 591
Alright, that's more than nothing, so its all good by me. I'm pretty wary of folks being like "these are my plans" and... not really having any evidence a mod is anything more than plans yet. That's against our rules. This Sonic is looking pretty nice so far, so keep it going!

god damn

those sprites look prerendered
if they're actually made manually then i will be shocked
We could say yes, first i take an screenshot from a model running or standing (basically pre-rendering or something similar) and then the background is removed; many light errors are corrected manually (in addition to correcting imperfections); the pre-rendered sprites are traced above and in the end we correct little light errors or imperfections.

Isn't that method kind of long since you would need to re-screenshot and time every frame needed since you are dealing with a 3D model in a game and you need to remove the bg?, But seeing that it turned out great I guess this would be sufficient for you and your team(?)
We could say yes, first i take an screenshot from a model running or standing (basically pre-rendering or something similar) and then the background is removed; many light errors are corrected manually (in addition to correcting imperfections); the pre-rendered sprites are traced above and in the end we correct little light errors or imperfections.

May I suggest making a jumpthok? Like mixing a d-jump with a thok? Also, may I suggest Spindash or something for the Spin key? Maybe Dropdash in midair? Could be very useful... Also Slide? And yes I know Spinning and Sliding clash with each other.
Post automatically merged:

That hud reminds me of 06, Unleashed, Colors, AND Generations ALL AT THE SAME TIME! It's real NOICE. May I suggest bossbar?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back