2.3 Discussion

Actually,they've confirmed they're only gonna leave it at 6 characters because it would be too hard to develop for any more than that,or something similar.

things im want in 2.3.x

-dcz to be done

-more useful char abilitys for modders

-also suppot 2.2 mods

that about it

I found this fake 2.3 leak (or at least I think because I actually thought it was real until I read the desc.)
take look
\
Also what do you think STJR. is planning to replace the thok with?

I found this fake 2.3 leak (or at least I think because I actually thought it was real until I read the desc.)
take look
\
Also what do you think STJR. is planning to replace the thok with?
1. Everything in that video IS real, it consists of a variety of GIFs and videos from the OS and elsewhere, up until the Espio bit. The stuff after is also real.
2. We already know the replacement, from the same source.

Ohhhh, so that's what @Tatsuru meant when he said "2.3 will have menus"!

You know what I want to see in 2.3? That it actually comes out sometime in 2030.
...okay, I admit, I don't have many ideas.

I think the hyper forms along with new stages, deleted stages and a new character and also a minigame for when it takes time to enter a server or for when you want to play something different than a srb2 (I would put a tetris style because tetris is tetris) and finally cutscenes

I think the hyper forms along with new stages, deleted stages and a new character and also a minigame for when it takes time to enter a server or for when you want to play something different than a srb2 (I would put a tetris style because tetris is tetris) and finally cutscenes
There's something similar to cutscenes being planned, remember the act transitions from 2.0? they'll be readded and improved. It's similar enough.

Exactly (and no, I didn't play 2.0. only 2.1 and 2.2) (I googled to find out)
Há algo semelhante a cenas sendo planejadas, lembra das transições de atos do 2.0? eles serão lidos e melhorados. É semelhante o suficiente.

Devs already said they wont add a new character

There's something similar to cutscenes being planned, remember the act transitions from 2.0? they'll be readded and improved. It's similar enough.
I'll note that there isn't evidence of this specifically. There IS a GIF of reworked post-results stuff (it's no longer just a static picture, it stays in the level), which could infact be used for level transitions. However, as of yet, this is unconfirmed.
(
IF I am wrong in this, let me know... with evidence.)
Post automatically merged:

My personal guesses for the SP content of 2.3?
- Full UDMF transition.
- New physics shown off in that UDMF test map GIF.
- Sonic's ability getting replaced, Metal Sonic's ability getting replaced.
- GFZ revamp (there was a new enemy shown off in a GIF once, so that will at least appear.)
- DSZ2's later remake getting finished (less likely, but also probable)
- CEZ2 being fully finished (It's confirmed work is being done on the final stretches of it.)
- RVZ2 and RVZ3.
- ERZ Remake being finished and added.
- AGZ for sure likely gets yeeted and replaced.

There's probably a lot more that could happen, but these are my baseline guesses.
We can now update this with the latest information from the OS.
A lot stays intact from this list, however now ALL the physics are being redone, including wall-running, which means we're likely in for another 2.1 -> 2.2 in terms of level design.

Last edited:
A lot stays intact from this list, however now ALL the physics are being redone, including wall-running, which means we're likely in for another 2.1 -> 2.2 in terms of level design.
Please no.

The current 2.2 SP campaign is absolutely incredible outside of a few small hiccups here and there (DSZ2 and CEZ3) and it'd honestly feel like a huge waste to throw 5-6 years of development away by remaking all of those levels again.

It's not that I dislike the physics changes as the game desperately needs better physics, but I don't think it's worth the effort (or practical) to redo the main campaign again immediately after 2.2 did the exact same thing (and extremely well, too!). I wouldn't go as far as to compare this to 2.1 as that SP campaign was already mediocre and outdated when it released, regardless of whether it had slopes or not. 2.2's campaign just doesn't need nearly the same amount of attention that 2.1's needed.

Please no.

The current 2.2 SP campaign is absolutely incredible outside of a few small hiccups here and there (DSZ2 and CEZ3) and it'd honestly feel like a huge waste to throw 5-6 years of development away by remaking all of those levels again.

It's not that I dislike the physics changes as the game desperately needs better physics, but I don't think it's worth the effort (or practical) to redo the main campaign again immediately after 2.2 did the exact same thing (and extremely well, too!). I wouldn't go as far as to compare this to 2.1 as that SP campaign was already mediocre and outdated when it released, regardless of whether it had slopes or not. 2.2's campaign just doesn't need nearly the same amount of attention that 2.1's needed.
The levels wouldn't be remade (aside from ones that actually need to be remade like Egg Rock Zone), they would just edit the level design to allow for new mechanics. Think about how GFZ1 still retains it's layout from it's very first incarnation. That's the kind of update that would happen

The levels wouldn't be remade (aside from ones that actually need to be remade like Egg Rock Zone), they would just edit the level design to allow for new mechanics. Think about how GFZ1 still retains it's layout from it's very first incarnation. That's the kind of update that would happen
Though the new physics does present the opportunity to add some entirely new pathways into some of the levels. Preserve the general layouts, but revamp them a bit to suit the new physics with the occasional new side path added in taking advantage of said physics. Maybe even place some hidden goodies such as 1-ups in places that reward the player for mastering the new physics.

I think the game just needs to be finished with the current physics in place. Any more physics changes should be the beginning of Sonic Roboblast 3.

Besides, way too many objects have been made to use the current physics to the point that they would all need to be redone to be adapted to the new physics.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back