This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
The Final Lap Formula, a recreation of Mario Kart's music system for SRB2's Race and Competition game modes!
It notifies when you pass the last Star Post...
attachment.php

...and when you finish the level!
attachment.php

It is even compatible with Circuit!
Footage taken with the Circuit Redux pack.
attachment.php

So yeah. All in the title.
Note that this addon is meant to be used in netgames, and netgames only.
For the best experience, enable digital music and set the music preference to Digital. Who nowadays prefers midi tho? No offense.

V1.0.1 Hotfix
  • Fixed the script acting weird upon loading up the game's first non-Circuit race (wonder why that wasn't happening on my end...)
  • Fixed the game playing whichever sound was freeslotted frst if there were freeslotted sounds before loading this addon

V1.0
-Initial Release-
  • Krabs, for creating the Starpost HUD mod, which I took the Star Post checking script from
  • Nintendo, for creating the Mario Kart franchise (specifically Super Mario Kart, which the Final Lap jingle is based on, and Mario Kart 64, which I took the "Goal!" sound effect from)

Attachments

• srb20048.gif
    3 MB · Views: 2,330
  • srb20049.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 2,498
  • srb20050.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,245
  • L_FinalLapFormula-v1.0.1.pk3
    198.2 KB · Views: 331
  • L_FinalLapFormula-v1.0.1CircuitOnly.pk3
    197.4 KB · Views: 252
  • L_FinalLapFormula-v1.0.1NonCircuitOnly.pk3
    197.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Doesn't seem to be working for me in normal play. I've tried both L_FinalLapFormula-v1 and L_FinalLapFormula-v1NonCircuitOnly, and nothing new happens with any checkpoints or signposts. Do I require the Starpost HUD mod?

Edit: Tried it in local multiplayer, and it acts as if I crossed the final signpost at gamestart, and then mutes the music.

Last edited:
I suppose it's not exactly meant to work in Single Player, so I'm not surprised it doesn't.
Oh, and by the way, I had the same problem in multiplayer when I tried to test it. It only happened on the first race though, because the rest worked well.

What this mod does is neat! There's one bit of feedback I'd like to give, though.
This was probably done for resource/time purposes, but I noticed the "Final Lap" renditions of each track were made by making the game itself speed them up, which... I'll be honest, makes them sound crackly all over.
While I'd imagine that Ideally what one'd think is that each act/level would have its own "Final Lap" theme, I know that's not exactly... Easy to accomplish, to say the least.
Maybe it won't made a difference, and may not be worth it in the long-run, but... Perhaps the crackly aspect to the Final Lap renditions can be avoided by speeding up each of them manually?
Still, good job on this! Pretty neat and novel quality to it!

Tried it in local multiplayer, and it acts as if I crossed the final signpost at gamestart, and then mutes the music.
Thanks for the bug report. I'll get to fixing that as soon as I can.

There's one bit of feedback I'd like to give, though.
This was probably done for resource/time purposes, but I noticed the "Final Lap" renditions of each track were made by making the game itself speed them up, which... I'll be honest, makes them sound crackly all over.
While I'd imagine that Ideally what one'd think is that each act/level would have its own "Final Lap" theme, I know that's not exactly... Easy to accomplish, to say the least.
Maybe it won't made a difference, and may not be worth it in the long-run, but... Perhaps the crackly aspect to the Final Lap renditions can be avoided by speeding up each of them manually?
Well, what about custom music? Can't predict those now, can I?
Then again, the same also happens with Sonic.EXE.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quick hotfix; both known issues fixed

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back