Resource icon

[Open Assets] Better Sharing

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Lamibe

Hesitant to put life-sharing because it don't let margin to intermediate players even if helping less good ones ? If it's the case BetterSharing is for you.

This script add basic sharing functions and a revamped “avoid gameover” behavior allowing to manually give lives to others players and keep a few ones when someone got a game over.

Variables :

• minlives : Set the number of lives needed to automatically give one.
Commands :

• givelives <player> <amount> : Give lives to a player.
v1.1 :

- Play the sfx when get lives
- Fixed no respawn when get life while dead
Ironically you need to disable vanilla life-sharing or the new behavior will be ineffective.

Attachments

• srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,098
  • VL_BetterSharing-v1.1.lua
    2.8 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Oh dang, this would've been nice to have when doing multiplayer with friends who have yet to play SRB2 before xp

I'll be sure to keep this in my addons folder whenever I host another game next time.

In all honesty, something that would make this better would be a menu if Custom 2 is pressed or something like that, a menu similar to one from Super Mario World. Regardless, this will make for a great tool for servers!

In all honesty, something that would make this better would be a menu if Custom 2 is pressed or something like that, a menu similar to one from Super Mario World. Regardless, this will make for a great tool for servers!

Didn't thinked of that and with my spriting skill it could not look that nice. If I found time and don't forget about this I will do my best to implement that.
Just a problem about custom keys is that they are limited and can cause conflict with other mods but that a SRB2 issue and multiply custom keys will not be better.

This mod but faster

Agree the way it was done is not the best especially now with 2.2.1 hooks. Will try.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back