I love this mod!!!

Wheel is super good for speedrunning.

I've gotten all the time emblems using Kirby. (Except Eggman Castle act 1)

Last edited:
before I forget: in the list of new things to add in the update, could you turn up Kirby's hitbox a little bit?
because Kirby's hitbox doesn't reach various rings sometimes

I love Kirby, and Kirby was my first character, but thats not what I came here to post; I'm here to report a minor visual bug that has to do with a secret part of the mod.
Kirby's OW THE EDGE power has him shoot bullets from a machine pistol, but the bullets come from the center of Kirby instead of from the gun; the spawn point of the bullets could use a vertical and horizontal offset, methinks.

I was working on editing the sprites so that it has those red circle cheek marks instead of the black lines on his face. But I just stopped, maybe i'll do that. I know I can't redistribute the mod it was just more of a for fun thing. It's a simple edit of pre-existing sprites anyway, seemed easy enough that I could like do it if I spent enough time on it.
Also I think hats would make Kirby better in competitive modes like Battle, as other players could more easily tell which ability Kirby has. (Better as in more balanced.)

I was working on editing the sprites so that it has those red circle cheek marks instead of the black lines on his face.
The black lines are supposed to be there. The sprites are based of of Kirby's design in Kirby's Adventure on the NES.

Kirby's hammer seems to be unable to break breakble walls, at least in DSZ2, by using hammer. I tested both the spinning jump hammer and the standing hammer. I haven't tested breakable floors, but the only mod I was using was the kirby mod, so I'm assuming that hammer kinda broke in 2.2.9.
Thought OP should know.

I don't want HAL lab to make an actually 3D Kirby game because this sets up the bar so high.

On the other hand I really miss the GBA/DS-era sprite based Kirby games (as much as I love Planet Robobot).

Is there any way to have the copy ability gained from an addon character or object vary based on a check performed on the specific instance which was inhaled? I made a custom character called Sparks, whose primary focus is aerial maneuverability but can also absorb electrical damage to power up her attacks. So while the Tornado ability sounds like it would be the best match for her, it would make more sense to have her yield the Spark ability when she's in her charged state.

Is there any way to have the copy ability gained from an addon character or object vary based on a check performed on the specific instance which was inhaled? I made a custom character called Sparks, whose primary focus is aerial maneuverability but can also absorb electrical damage to power up her attacks. So while the Tornado ability sounds like it would be the best match for her, it would make more sense to have her yield the Spark ability when she's in her charged state.
That’s actually a really interesting question that I hope gets answered. Although I have no idea about it coding, I’d assume you’d have to do this with your own type of code to fit Kirby. Maybe something like, “If Sparks is powered up, give Spark Ability once inhaled, if else give Tornado”

In the event that you decide to update this addon, could you add a console variable to enable/disable Kirby's ability to inhale players in gametypes with GTR_FRIENDLY gametyperules settings? A server I visit regularly had wanted to add Kirby but opted not to due to griefing potential. I can donate the code modification myself, if you would be interested.

In the event that you decide to update this addon, could you add a console variable to enable/disable Kirby's ability to inhale players in gametypes with GTR_FRIENDLY gametyperules settings? A server I visit regularly had wanted to add Kirby but opted not to due to griefing potential. I can donate the code modification myself, if you would be interested.
On this note, I think there should also be a command that allows Kirby’s to grief each other. I had an epic gamer moment the other day where me and another Kirby were running by each other and get to a Force Shield Monitor, which gives the Rock ability. With my ultra gamer moves, I inhaled the other Kirby, spit him out, and inhaled the monitor. I think if you’re playing as Kirby, you should expect to be inhaled by another

Through testing I have also noticed Kirby receives no credit for inhaling enemies -- i.e. no points are awarded.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back